What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAWGWEED

Finally just tried some GG4 it was nice and dense kind of sweet earthy smell,taste kind of like good god bud to me but,jmo. Not the stongest stuff Ive had but very nice.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Have you gotten any 56 day buds tested? Very curious about the quality if you treat her like an 8 weeker.

picture.php

Everything taken at 56 days.

StoneyK

Veteran
Thats about 65 but the cold got me. This round didnt fill out very well. You can tell feom the pics on the test page the buds didnt really fill out.
I think I can do much better.
That was my last run under 600s too I finally went to thowies so im hopin that will bump it up a notch too :)

Killin it Rb! Gives me something to shoot for, Huge props on the consistency!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had 1 of my runs tested at 65 days it also tested at 26%. I cant smoke any bud when the head are clear.. you wont feel any diff Between 26-30% at least I don't..

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Toss the cloner in the trash.,.,, back to basics rw cubes, dixi cups of coco soil...rr plugs.. if ur plants r healthy and after multiple failures its the cloner.... rw rr cups iz fool proof
qft

seriously the best cloning advice i could suggest as well. those cloners are nice but when they arent they can suck up so much of your efforts where rockwool will never do that once you get a feel for her. sterile each time you use. no need to clean shit.
fuck those domes too.
go to the office store and get a clearish tote with a clearish lid. line the bottom with lightly moistened perlite 1/2 inch layer. you can see the roots from the bottom without tampering with the clones.

my version of snypes bad ass cloning recipe
cloning solution per gallon
4/6 mils of each g.h. micro and g.h. bloom respectively.
2 drops bleach (i increased his recomendation from 1 drop i think)
.5 mil super thrive
1 gram (1/2 teaspoon chitosan)

he doesnt. but i do.
use dip n grow brand liquid hormones (totally optional imo)

20:1 dillution for 5 seconds before shoving into already wet rw cube.

shut lid for first 24 hours cubes soaked minus a couple milliliter squeeze from the cube. fully soaked but not dripping.

place bin on a mat set to mid to high 70s. after 24 ever so slightly crack lid. a little more each day til by day five they have a 10-20% opening.

if the clones stall at all and start to yellow simply foliar feed 1/4 strength veg or flower feed. either will work. whatevers in my tank is what they get.

itll usually green em back up and push em through til they root.

that will only be necessary in tough to root strains that had a hard start, like something you did to fuck it up and then fixed,

abused clones take longer and need to be fed to not get that sickly clone look. you should be able to root them and continue growing them in the clone trays without ever seeing a yellow leaf. i just think of cloning as hydro growing and i tend to grow them a lil in the cubes, they come out of the gate bangin and transplant shock is not even a possibility. these things fly into growth like that.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
some glues^^^^ as if you need advice on cloning glue.
when i received my glues in a box after a 24 flight they cloned in 6 days.
fastest ever for me to this day, lol.
i had so much anxiety i would fuck em up when they arrived unrooted. i had just relearned to clone. i had been buying clones because i hated making clones and i sucked at it. then i got bugs. i stopped doing that.
i read all snypes cloning advice a million times and just followed his simple instructions and never had a problem cloning since,

if you are having issues read the clone threads by snype. that thread fixed what plagued me. i can clone anything now. i have cloned rotting stems with rotting leaves that i was given. once you learn how to stiff arm anything, you cant loose a cutting.

that thread changed a lot about how i do things.

big ups on the clone tutorial snype.

this site has some gold buried in the threads.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had the same results with Areo cloners as most. They work great when working. when they don't no clue why they just stop. you can have them spotless and still don't work. RR have been my saving grace. These always work for me. I do use a dome. I use a heat mat without the dome I cant control the temp. RR are all I use now with some clonex. The cuts just need to be the proper size(4") or they will fall over from being top heavy and temp(80f). I get roots all the time now. There are he strains that just wont root but those are not common.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I went from rapid rooters to aero machine to strait coco. had the same issue with cloner machines, they work a few rounds then something goes wrong, i cleaned with bleach, ph'd, n everything i could think of n it just wouldn't work. coco the easiest, no domes needed, just get it wet, dip in some dip n grow n put it in the coco then forget it. This was working damn near 100% until the root aphids hit...

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I went from rapid rooters to aero machine to strait coco. had the same issue with cloner machines, they work a few rounds then something goes wrong, i cleaned with bleach, ph'd, n everything i could think of n it just wouldn't work. coco the easiest, no domes needed, just get it wet, dip in some dip n grow n put it in the coco then forget it. This was working damn near 100% until the root aphids hit...
im really sorry to hear about the root aphids, that damn near brought me to my knees when i first realized what was making my plants suck.
they are beatable, but man it sucks the fun out of growing for a few rounds.
fuck having bugs. ill never let those fuckers in my grow again. im a quarantine advocate because of those. made me a better grower and forced me to re evaluate everything i thought i knew.
im glad i got em and learned what i learned but im also glad its in my rear view, that sucked.

hope you're through that saga already.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
im a lil intimidated by cloning into coco. i have done it successfully and have also had really bad runs of attempting it in a plug tray type format. i just filled a 50 cell tray like a rr tray. lil 1" squares or circles 2.5" deep. treated it like rock wool more or less with a dome. i may have kept it too wet somehow or something because they all rotted or took more than 2 weeks. it was definately user error. i was just playing around and had a lot of cloning experiments going on. they didnt get the attention a new trick should get. i may try it again. definitely not wanting to do beer cups. too big in my system. i like doing about 35-50 in a normal tray size.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Toss the cloner in the trash.,.,, back to basics rw cubes, dixi cups of coco soil...rr plugs.. if ur plants r healthy and after multiple failures its the cloner.... rw rr cups iz fool proof

If anyone is having aero cloner problems:
Get a larger 2 hose airpump, and 2 large airstones.
Add 2 tblspoons of bleach to full rez of fresh water...
Let run for 10 minutes. Drain. Rinse. Refill.
The airstones and better pump did wonders for me.
They need alot of bubbles/aeration to work good.
The original pump and air-line it comes with sux.
IF your EZ-Clone 30/60/120 doesnt come with an airpump and airstones, then get them before using.

The cuts will continue to grow while rooting and there is 0 downtime after t/ping. They just keep on growing..... FAST! You can use much bigger cuts too which helps shave a week or two off veg time after t/p.

All I put in the cloner is Olivias Clone Solution and ph to 5.8 -6.0.
I have a 120 site so I add the entire bottle.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I need 100% consistency in my clones... toss 120. Cuz ur cloner fuct , no bueno... ezcloners r nice toys but if u need reliability they r the worst
Ur may , will work untill it doesn't. . There will always be sumthin eventually ... rw rr dirt 100%

S

SPG.

My EU Cloner's " Whirly Gig! " Ceased to work after 8 days,it stayed stuck in 1 spot! :rolleyes : .2 Airstones Soon Sorted out Any Crap..Must have 18"? to play with.(well def'12")-Concerning the Spray!,more with 2 Stones probably. No reason but the Air Pump had 2 outlets so why not!
Airstones/pump are great,Super reliable.Known this for years

I did Initially get These "tops/Misters" But i just left em with the Airstones. "The yellow one was Ideal for "That" Size Pump!"

Last edited:
S

SPG.

^Looks Deceptive that " Whirley Gig ".. There was'nt a Wheel that Could be turned or anything,as maybe it looks.The Middle bit "spun" round Thats All!..
COMMICAL too begin with... ..Pelt them Clones :D! ...Like Bullets of water!!

..A Little Concerning at First! Maybe for a Split Second ,lol. BUT the "White Coats" Know there Stuff,eyh!

Last edited:
B

BadPenny

Spot on. Still using an old cloner, with added sprayers or more heavy duty ones, pump strong enough to throw out juice when plugs are removed, clonex, no dome, in a cooler closet with only one bank on a T5 going. 99% success rate, and even had em grow three foot tall in that cloner on an emergency trip one time where I couldn't get back to em. I used to do the rockwool cube thing, it works also, I've also seen guys have good luck with DIY's. I just use what has worked for yrs, IME. This is one of those times, not like nutes, when more is better, not less. IMHO

If anyone is having aero cloner problems:
Get a larger 2 hose airpump, and 2 large airstones.
Add 2 tblspoons of bleach to full rez of fresh water...
Let run for 10 minutes. Drain. Rinse. Refill.
The airstones and better pump did wonders for me.
They need alot of bubbles/aeration to work good.
The original pump and air-line it comes with sux.
IF your EZ-Clone 30/60/120 doesnt come with an airpump and airstones, then get them before using.

The cuts will continue to grow while rooting and there is 0 downtime after t/ping. They just keep on growing..... FAST! You can use much bigger cuts too which helps shave a week or two off veg time after t/p.

All I put in the cloner is Olivias Clone Solution and ph to 5.8 -6.0.
I have a 120 site so I add the entire bottle.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I always have issues with coco. I always get plants that are deficient when I use it. At this point im staying with what works for me. I tired of fixing shit that's not broke.. I can also say that an extra air stone will help. With an areo or water cloner(domes are not used with these) I used KLN witch worked great when the cloners where working. Now I don't need to worry about any of that shit. Just cut my clone, Dip in Clonex, Insert into a RR place in the dome I'm done until I get roots..

Status
Not open for further replies.