What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

the problem with copyright law etc is when you already have given your work to the public domain.

i have a feeling this is where that would go, then again with the legal circumstances and how mj is in limbo, maybe not.

i just got my first GG cuts...pretty sure they're not true GG though lol.

Q

quokka

I don't get cuttings of anything, but i'm going to copyright 'Mutated Gorilla Testicles' ok?

(Just in case anyone was thinking of using it :bigeye: :biglaugh: )

Grizz

Veteran
i have a feeling this is where that would go, then again with the legal circumstances and how mj is in limbo, maybe not.

i just got my first GG cuts...pretty sure they're not true GG though lol.

don't see it being a problem, when I gave it out to everyone it was with one restriction, don't give it to dispenserys . that's documented also, and again I am not going after every tom dick and harry growing 20 to 50 plants, just the big boys running 50 to 100 light gardens. there the ones taking over the medical grows . big tobacco is waiting the wings to jump into this industry, there are companys such as terra tech already in it, these are the ones I am after.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Day 41 for these.........I am going to do a staggered harvest this time. I have done 63 and 70 days in the past ....probably going to take earlier and later just for comparison.

picture.php

picture.php

sdub4200

Do you think you will have any troubles copyrighting the Gorilla Glue name? considering it is already under copyright by the Gorilla Glue company the maker of Gorilla Glue adhesives and tape...Seems like it could be a sticky situation (pun intended)

sdub4200

Sorry to spam but I can't seem to edit my post and add to it, check "anti-dilution" law under trademark law....By the way the Gorilla glue is amazing, much credit to you Mr. Wales for spreading the love with that strain!

Tardigrade

Sorry to spam but I can't seem to edit my post and add to it, check "anti-dilution" law under trademark law....By the way the Gorilla glue is amazing, much credit to you Mr. Wales for spreading the love with that strain!

I share your concerns. Firstly, I agree...much love and credit to Mr. Wales, et al, for their accomplishments and generosity. Your cut is without a doubt a true elite.

But as far as profiting from a trademark, it is likely to be a losing proposition. True, products in different arenas are supposed to be able to use the same trademark. However, when the GG4 does blow up on the national stage, the large and deep-pocketed adhesive company is the one most likely to prevail. Why? Because they will fight you in federal court, not your local one. You would be forced to shell out a fortune to fight them, and I am assuming they have deeper pockets than any of us. They will simply outspend you, and bankrupt you in the fight. It is a common corporate legal strategy when big guys are dealing with little guys, and they could even go after you for damages...

Ask any lawyer with this caveat in mind...they get paid to fight, so they want you to fight, but they get paid the same whether you win or lose.

I truly wish I could see a way for you to profit from your tremendous accomplishment, but my business experience tells me you should not pursue it.

Anyways, big thanks for making this gem available to us, you rule!

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I share your concerns. Firstly, I agree...much love and credit to Mr. Wales, et al, for their accomplishments and generosity. Your cut is without a doubt a true elite.

But as far as profiting from a trademark, it is likely to be a losing proposition. True, products in different arenas are supposed to be able to use the same copyright. However, when the GG4 does blow up on the national stage, the large and deep-pocketed adhesive company is the one most likely to prevail. Why? Because they will fight you in federal court, not your local one. You would be forced to shell out a fortune to fight them, and I am assuming they have deeper pockets than any of us. They will simply outspend you, and bankrupt you in the fight. It is a common corporate legal strategy when big guys are dealing with little guys, and they could even go after you for damages...

Ask any lawyer with this caveat in mind...they get paid to fight, so they want you to fight, but they get paid the same whether you win or lose.

I truly wish I could see a way for you to profit from your tremendous accomplishment, but my business experience tells me you should not pursue it.

Anyways, big thanks for making this gem available to us, you rule!

Refer to post 12843, in this thread, for explanation.

OgRastaman

What about a t shirt with a gorilla sniffing a glue bottle haha

Or a gorilla wearing a jersey that says glue with a number 4 on the back

Gotta be some photoshop people who can play around with ideas

i would buy one should forsure a whole lot pf people would buy glue gear

oceangrownkush

Veteran
I already got 50 Glue shirts printed up, some credit card debt I've yet to clear is preventing me from opening an online shop.. Would have had it up and running weeks ago, with proceeds being directed to Jdubb but yeah I'm a fuckin bum lol.. Shirts look great too.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
big tobacco is waiting the wings to jump into this industry, there are companys such as terra tech already in it, these are the ones I am after.

exactly, the terra techs, united cannabis, harborsides etc NEED TO PAY UP!!! glad you are going this route.

i like mixing glue with cookies in the joints, such an awesome taste and hits you right in the head high. i also mixed down a few glue joints with some of those orange cookies….fucking tasty as hell!

the s1 # 113 is very good, very similar to glue in look and smell. more of like a hot younger sister who would be a fun lay, but the older sister has a few more years of fuckin and suckin so she's better in bed at the end lol..

NoNSeNsii

Hey Joesy , mad respect to you brother. I feel exactly what your talking about, the mainstreaming of an art is never any good it just becomes bastardized and whored out to the highest bidder. I respect exactly what you're saying because that's exactly what I try to battle my whole life. Hope to get a chance to talk to you at some point... Don't know if u can pm on this forum but I hope to hear back from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.