What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
LMAO, You all have fake glue plants. I can broker a deal's if any want a real cut. I know the guy.. The price is 50k per rooted clone. Send all funds to JW LOL..

Loose Cannon

Where'd you get the cut?
I'd make damn sure it's defective before kulling her. :)

I had many problems to begin but 2 excellent, mind numbing, runs and 3 more in progress you might want to ride it out.
Strange plant but she's worth some headaches.

Attachments

• 20141123_065759-1(1).jpg
    20141123_065759-1(1).jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 25

OgRastaman

i flowered my original i got from the cup last year but took cuts they took forever to root and the ones that did have been slowly vegging in 10 gal. smartie for about 5 months under a t5 1 looks good with normal looking plant growth and i would hate to get rid of her if she snapped out of her funk for some reason but i dont want to take cuts and spread nematodes to other plants if she has them and they are just dormant. the rest look like the ones i flowered super slow growth small leafs really tight compact node spacing looks like im gong to kill them off - seems like theythey got nute lock but i have not given them any food just roots organic soil and mykos and a tiny bit of worm casting for the transplant. is it possible that my 1 healthy plant snapped out of it? are they still there and just dormant? or is it possible that only certain parts of the original plant that i got from the cup had nematodes and other parts were not infected or resistant/affected by them and would this resistant trait pass down to the next set of cuttings or seeds if i was to breed her ?

there is enough trees for everyone BLESS!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what are we looking for ??.. whast that in the upper left.. looks like webbing??

I'm not convinced its parasites yet.. In RR case he would have had to pick the only plant amongst many that had nematodes. None of the other plants duded just the 1 he picked out the rest where fine. what are the odds of that 1 plant being infected with nematodes. This is not specific to the glue it was passed down to the glue from the Sour Dubb. The Sour Dubb has the same genetic abnormality

Adding up what everyone says, None are newbie growers. This anomaly to me it looks more like something within the genes that get switched on when something specific happens. I just don't see it being nematodes the outbreak would be much worse then what we are seeing. If it is passed on through seeds what is passed eggs or todes??. if this is true wouldn't we be able to see these in a scope?.. If these can stay dormant for century's this is not something that's going away anytime soon. I'm just gonna keep doing what I do. what ever this is it doesn't like my garden...

OgRastaman

i just dont understand how so many cuts were giving out but not everyone is having the problem i would think that if it was a nematode issue than every single plant would have been infected even the mothers that they came from and if the mothers did have them they would have done the same thing as rest and would not even got to the status of greatness the glue is if every one growing it came out with these same results weak half stregenth non smelly hay like flowers and would not even be talking about this

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I have seen several plants dud in my garden... and IMO the nematode theory seems best fitting.

I haven't even really seen the Glue full on dud on me yet, only a few branches out of a full room. But I have seen full on duds of a Fire OG, Kosher, Tahoe, SFV, and Stardawg... all of which are heavily traded cuts. I haven't seen it in plants that I've selected myself...

Whether or not what is causing the duds was already in the plants when I got them... I don't know. Very possible within 4 of the 5 mentioned above, but the Stardawgs, I know for sure that the source doesn't get duds... So it's very bizarre to say the least.

But seeing PARTS of plants with dud branches and beautiful colas on the same plant... what the fuck?

Also, I've seen people that grow in recycled soil have a room devastated by duds, then with the same recycled soil, the next run showing NO DUDS. If it was fusarium, wouldn't that batch of soil be forever tainted? Or at least infect SOME plants?

Dud stalks.
picture.php

Fire OG > HEMP
picture.php

All I know is, you don't want to see this ^ in your garden.

It sucks the confidence right out of you.

BrainSellz

Veteran
Someone or some people will end up with a rack of duds from DHN eventually. Wonder what DHN's defense would be since technically they are selling a plant that is not entirely stable so to speak. Wouldn't think they would want to touch something that could possibly screw someone's entire garden up. That should make for an interesting conversation.

C

Cep

From what I've read it's practically impossible to clear all fungal pathogens out of soil. There are many biological products that reduce populations but won't clear them. Having the right nutrients in the soil and healthy plants can prevent infection. Probably why you'll see symptoms in one rols grow and none in the next because its been reamended properly even with the fungus still present.

OgRastaman

From what I've read it's practically impossible to clear all fungal pathogens out of soil. There are many biological products that reduce populations but won't clear them. Having the right nutrients in the soil and healthy plants can prevent infection. Probably why you'll see symptoms in one rols grow and none in the next because its been reamended properly even with the fungus still present.

the only way i know to remove bacteria from the soil is to cook it get it very hot over 400 degrees and it should kill what ever bacteria is in the soil but im not 100% on this but i know that heat will kill bacteria

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i just dont understand how so many cuts were giving out but not everyone is having the problem i would think that if it was a nematode issue than every single plant would have been infected even the mothers that they came from and if the mothers did have them they would have done the same thing as rest and would not even got to the status of greatness the glue is if every one growing it came out with these same results weak half stregenth non smelly hay like flowers and would not even be talking about this

There where not that many handed out at the LA cup. JW would know more about this than I but I thought it was less than 50?..The cuts that have been sent out through other means dwarfs that fuk up in comparison. Every person that contacted us got a replacement cut since then no one has had a issue that received these new cuts...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The only dud I ever had was in my pants when I grew her for the first time and week 6 rolled around. :D

OgRastaman

There where not that many handed out at the LA cup. JW would know more about this than I but I thought it was less than 50?..The cuts that have been sent out through other means dwarfs that fuk up in comparison. Every person that contacted us got a replacement cut since then no one has had a issue that received these new cuts...

it had to be more than 50 i know i got 8 babies and my friend got 4 teens from sunset at his booth place was crazy and there was a line for sure to get cuts we were about 5 in line on sat. afternoon when they first started giving them out maybe 50 people but i think around 100 but it doesnt matter now i got the big man JW trying to help me with my issue now. but on the plant issues i would like to figure it out as to if i can bring the dud out of its funk and bring it back to a 100% healthy plant that produces the same i was told that it is the real gg#4 but it just duds for some reason and i would like to figure out why because if i come across this issue again in the future i want to know how to deal with it. broad mites makes more sense to me than nematodes but im not a scientist. ive seen plants stop and do nothing because of bugs and mites then once a plant is being attacked it brings all sorts of other problems along with it.
Big Ups to JW and all the real ones out there that made the gorrilla glue #4 and are fixing some one elses mistakes i cant wait to see what other great combination of plants that you guys might come out with next

There is enough trees for everyone BLESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.