What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, and yes it is a bitch dude! Harder to bend down and squeeze in there, back aint actin right atm.

OgRastaman

I'm still very unconvinced that 'duds' are anything more than a nutrient deficiency that GG#4 is prone to. As far as I know nobody has been able to produce lab results that confirm nematodes, despite repeated submissions.

did you get some of these cuts last year from sunset yourself or is this just a guess?
and if you were so luck as i was to get this short end of the stick what deficiency or deficiencies did you find and fix?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To many good growers to chalk it up to grower error. These guys know the difference between a plant that's deficient and a plant that looks like hay.. I believe it some sort of genetic trait that get triggered in some gardens.. We don't know what that trigger is.. Fixing a deficient plant is not a big deal it would never require a seasoned grower to cull to the garbage...

OgRastaman

To many good growers to chalk it up to grower error. These guys know the difference between a plant that's deficient and a plant that looks like hay.. I believe it some sort of genetic trait that get triggered in some gardens.. We don't know what that trigger is.. Fixing a deficient plant is not a big deal it would never require a seasoned grower to cull to the garbage...[/QUOTE

the only reason i still have it is because im not a rookie but i just thought i didnt understand the strain as to never having any exp with it before. i was wit out internet where i was dor the past year and just Got tapped back into the matrix and see all of this going on with other growers who grow real deal fire! i wanted to talk with some of you guys out there before i totally discard and CULL my glue plants i really hate that word CULL

there is enough trees for everyone BLESS!

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I'm still very unconvinced that 'duds' are anything more than a nutrient deficiency that GG#4 is prone to. As far as I know nobody has been able to produce lab results that confirm nematodes, despite repeated submissions.

you may be right on the first statement. who knows?
but as far as repeated submissions?
i dont know of anyone whos said they sent in a sample that would likely show it at a lab that specializes in finding them.
i sent in a few before i heard that wt215 had made a video of them inside his plants stem.
i didnt know about nematodes and i didnt send in the bottom 2 inches of stalk with the root crown.
that would be what would stand the highest chance of containing them for diagnosis.
i am sure somebody has done it but i havent seen it posted about on here. if you know of someone or multiple folks repeatedly sending in adequate samples id love to here about it. got links to the posts? i thought we were still waiting on a root crown and lower stem to be sent to a nematologist.

DONAJTHEIII

you may be right on the first statement. who knows?
but as far as repeated submissions?
i dont know of anyone whos said they sent in a sample that would likely show it at a lab that specializes in finding them.
i sent in a few before i heard that wt215 had made a video of them inside his plants stem.
i didnt know about nematodes and i didnt send in the bottom 2 inches of stalk with the root crown.
that would be what would stand the highest chance of containing them for diagnosis.
i am sure somebody has done it but i havent seen it posted about on here. if you know of someone or multiple folks repeatedly sending in adequate samples id love to here about it. got links to the posts? i thought we were still waiting on a root crown and lower stem to be sent to a nematologist.

XXX dude can you catch me up ?

I got a gg#4 cutting from a good friend shes my mom now but shes really pretty and healthy as anything.

Whats this nematode shit about ? lol should i chuck this GG#4 mom

i thought shes a keeper whats up with this ?

only times i seen dud sites were with broads.

is this gg#4 not the special cutting she is hyped up to be

the photos on here seem to say otherwise

AJAE

DONAJTHEIII

why do you think that you have a problem mom?

Havent even got a chance to flower her out yet

:laughing:

I got a couple cuttings of gg#4 from a friend they werent the best looking but i gave them a chance since this thread !

So fast forward a month or two later and I had two amazing looking GG#4 moms my god were they pretty.

anyway i always had this rule of never keeping a mom around too long especially it being an outside cutting.

so i currently have 16 cuttings of gg#4 in my dome and tossed the two moms.

no just paranoid ever since bringing in this GDP cutting from "the town" back in 2010 and of course i got hit hard with broads.if it wasnt for this site i would have never found out the problem.

I dont want anymore problems like that XXX and i rarely bring in other genetics but the GG#4 looked so tempting.

im sure shes fine just wanted to see whats up with these phony boy stem nematodes.

AJAE

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
if yours is looking pretty and healthy, i am going to assume she is fine. the nematode thing is a theory theres a thread. theory or not it looks pretty damn solid that three folks had a stem nematode in their dudded plants. they did not lab confirm this though but theres videos and pics. pretty solid id on the pics but not 100% irrefutable. then again neither is a lab result but.....it is what it is.
looks highly probable at least in these few cases that nematodes were causing the problem. theres a whole thread on it. if your plants are doing well i wouldnt concern yourself with the tedious dudd thread but suffice it to say if you have duds youll read it. it is a daunting issue for most folks. especially wen theres a special cut they just cant part with that perpetuates the presence in the room. if i had it pop up i would slash and burn and heat treat the clean room. then either start over from seed or carefully selected cuttings from a very clean and trusted grower experiencing no problems for a long time without having had brought in new cuts recently.

Ganjaganjakush

I'm guessing it stacked so well this run ls different nutes then my furst run and the scrog was over vegged meaning I had to chop ALOT out these colas are 8-10 inches then there isn't much side branches or anything because of how much I trimmed off. My first run did not stack this good. I've had the glue since June 2014 and I've only been growing for a year this month.

I guarantee the nematode thing is real as I have first hand experience over the last few years with dudds. Not going to go into it here but I can assure you its real. The nematodes can only dud out plants that are weak in one way or another. Og's dud most frequently because they are the most finicky, can't drink as much water as others ( often overwatered etc etc). Glue duds often since it has the tendency to lock out as a young plant ( purple stems). But once the glue gets going good as a young plant it is strong and won't dud from there on out. The reason Dudding has happened much more as of lately is because the last few years people have been adding alfalfa meal to their teas. Stem nematodes ( alfalfa nematodes) can hibernate for like a 100 years or some shit. Adding alfalfa meal brings them Back to life and right into the plants.

Grizz

Veteran
I guarantee the nematode thing is real as I have first hand experience over the last few years with dudds. Not going to go into it here but I can assure you its real. The nematodes can only dud out plants that are weak in one way or another. Og's dud most frequently because they are the most finicky, can't drink as much water as others ( often overwatered etc etc). Glue duds often since it has the tendency to lock out as a young plant ( purple stems). But once the glue gets going good as a young plant it is strong and won't dud from there on out. The reason Dudding has happened much more as of lately is because the last few years people have been adding alfalfa meal to their teas. Stem nematodes ( alfalfa nematodes) can hibernate for like a 100 years or some shit. Adding alfalfa meal brings them Back to life and right into the plants.
I have to agree with you except the alfalfa deal, never used it . I do believe the over watering has a big plus to bring out the duds, back a few years ago when I was growing the sour dub I had a mom sitting in a bath tub, the drain got plugged up and she sat in water for a day, that's when I started getting duds, every cut I took from that plant duded.

A

acridlab

Yeah, and that's usually when fulsarium, and the likes, set in also...
Almost every dud photo I've seen looks like simple fulsarium problems...

jw23ck11

Veteran
73 day glue. The smell is insanely rich. Like caramelized sweet onions on a steak.
picture.php
picture.php

A

acridlab

I trimmed yesterday,, 10oz. Outta a five gal. Smartie..
I was thinking it smelled like mocha/sweet vomit in a good way..
But that would b similar to caramelized onions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts