What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

quadracer

Curious as to when most people noticed an end to stretching during flowering. It's my first run with GG#4 and definitely underestimated the stretchiness.

Live and learn.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I veg to about 3.5'-4'
after stretch they are almost 6'. at the 5'-5.5' mark I start bending over the colas and tying them down.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Curious as to when most people noticed an end to stretching during flowering. It's my first run with GG#4 and definitely underestimated the stretchiness.

Live and learn.
ive seen it stretch all the way to 26 days personally. nit every run though, ive seen it stop at 14 and not stretch more than most strains in a couple different situations but mega stretch for four weeks is normal and widely reported.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My opinion is that overall, gg4 wins over both of those chems, for the fact her overall package delivers more to the grower.

GG4 has bag appeal, smell, taste, great yields, short veg time, consistent density in all/most flowersites, but her best quality is she is EASY TO GROW, vigorous, and although sometimes acquires PM outdoors, indoors shes not very prone. Unlike the Chem 4 and 91.

91 is an overall better smoke to me and denser nugs. But doesnt have much of the rest of the package. Shorter flower period over the long Chem4's.

But Chem4 is another big package, she competes with gg4 in MANY aspects but slightly longer veg times and flower times, not as consistent, and prone to PM. So overall, shes another great cash cropper with beautifully light pounds and intense terpene lingers...

PF, I feel like if you had good cuts of them you would be a fan.

I supposedly had the good cuts. I just liked GG#4 better. When I see others post these Strain are better than GG#4. It makes me wounder if there is something wrong on there end or my end. The gg#4, SDubb , OGM seed plants are the only girls I can confirm are real ..The rest no clue.

Speaking of DS, this is my first flowering DS Ohio cut. Any chance its as real as my gg4?
View Image

Glue impresses every time. Day 61 and she is just about ready.
View Image View Image

You have much better stacking then I get on the glue. Looks good.

quadracer

Hmm. I definitely have a lot more training to do. I'm about 10 days in and should anticipate more stretching.

What about pruning? Obviously all the undergrowth is getting pruned, but what about some of the side shoots in upper canopy?

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
chem 4 is not very good, and is definitely not elite.

I might be biased, but I get sick of chem 4 after the first rip.

D is some super dank, and so is the 91. 4 should have been culled.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran

Live and learn.

Hey, quad. Im on my 1st GG and she stretched 2x easily. Might have been more, but bending her tops every 2-3 days could have slowed her down. I counted the bends on 1 branch last night - 6 of them!

picture.php

Kalyx

My first GG#4 at 45 days flower.... she is a super tiny girl in a small 1gal pot.
She stretched about 250% for me.
Stretch seemed to stop around day 25.

I didn't have room for a big plant and wanted to get a clone into flower asap.
She was run to make some seeds and really get a feel for the girl.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Just got my first good sized plant into flower for my first official run of the glue. Its been a long time coming since I got my cut, turned her into a mommy and had the chance to run her proper.
Im expecting her to be a monster and prepared for crazy stretch.

picture.php

picture.php

Mad Lab

Kal, i see you have a purple stem early in your veg. looks like when they were just a clone and grew out of it.

So this is something ive been forgeting to ask the thread, does evryones clones of gg4 stems turn purple when roots form?

Ive tried everything, and ruled out almost anything it would be, high pH, K def and cold roots. Cold roots may be the culprit. Even though my room is 82-85f in early veg smaller rockwool cubes are still maybe 68f.

At first i thought i wasnt getting the limestone out of rockwool and the pH was rising in the cube, but i noticed it on all my buddies soil gg4's too...

They grow out of it quickly but my other strains dont do this, and i thought the gg4 looked too vigorous of a grower to be so stressed from rooting and transplant.

Anyone chime in on this?

dabking

I've made over 200 glue clones I have yet to see purple stems on her. I use canna start at 450-500ppm in my root riot cubes.

milkyjoe

Veteran
It is a lack of overall food, paticularly base cations. Enough food in the cloning mix to prevent it gets them off to a healthier start. Focus on ca and p moreso than the traditional n and k if you want strong cell walls from the get go

Mad Lab

It is a lack of overall food, paticularly base cations. Enough food in the cloning mix to prevent it gets them off to a healthier start. Focus on ca and p moreso than the traditional n and k if you want strong cell walls from the get go

Thanks, Im in the process of soaking in higher ppm, but 400-500 ppm seems to high for a clone to me?

I started them at 250-300ppms but still had purple, so i guess 400-500 it is.

Kalyx

appreciate the information.... I have yet to complete a run with this plant and trying to figure her out. I figured the purple/red stems/petioles were a combination of lacking nutes and maybe genetics. I have also had some issues with cold temps that were giving my cloning a lot of trouble and taking a lot longer to root earlier in the winter. This little girl in flower has been very underfed and not getting the full love she deserves and Im sure is lacking to her full potential.

The clone that went just went into flower had a rough start as a clone, a lot of cold and she took a very long time to root. Took a bit of time to nurse her back to health but she looks much better than the other and has less purple on her.

-Kalyx :tiphat:

DemonTrich

Veteran
all my glues have red/purple stems. actually ALL my strains exhibit this trait. 73* lights on temp and 68* lights off daily. in the last 2 years, all strains ive grown in 2 different locations and 2 different tent/room structures all exhibited the same red/purple stem.

I have no plant issues, they grow perfectly every time all the time. and no bugs, no light issues, no issues at all. absolutely perfect grow and conditions. at least in my opinion.

dabking

Raise the daytime temp. Do you use co2. Personally I've found 77-80 daytime 65 at night works best for me. Cold temps don't allow proper uptake.

Kalyx

all my glues have red/purple stems. actually ALL my strains exhibit this trait. 73* lights on temp and 68* lights off daily. in the last 2 years, all strains ive grown in 2 different locations and 2 different tent/room structures all exhibited the same red/purple stem.

I have no plant issues, they grow perfectly every time all the time. and no bugs, no light issues, no issues at all. absolutely perfect grow and conditions. at least in my opinion.

I have some strains with purple/red stems and ones without it. I have always figured it was either genetics and/or some deficiency and possibly temps. New to the glue so not sure if its genetic or deficient but I have seen other glue with the same coloring and ones without it. I would like to think its genetic but I couldn't truthfully say.

-Kalyx

Status
Not open for further replies.