What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonTrich

Veteran
I only use FF after I take my clones out the cloner (solo cups). I don't use any nutes until week 6 (5gal pots)in veg, about the time when the nutes in FF run out., then all thru flower. I leave the LW for my seeds. my FF gets amended with large perlite (30%), and 1 cup powdered dolomite lime).

milkyjoe

Veteran
All FF medium has to much N,K what about Light warrior??.. I use all of them mixed with Sunshine#4. I get great results.

oooops...I have not tested that one so I cannot say. I should be more careful...imo OF and Hf have too much N and K. Not that they won't work, they get plants going very fast. But that the cells of the plant end up taking in too much nitratte filling them with too much water and take up K instead of Ca making for weak cell walls making the plants more susceptible to insect attack.

edit...and again this is my opinion. Take it for what you think it is worth.

yet another edit....http://blackgold.bz/products/?id=62 Resiliense is CaSiO3, Wollastonite. It is used in place of CaCO3 and is an excellent way to get silica into a peat based mix. Ca/Si/B are the real keys to healthy stems and plants.

OgRastaman

I have a SDubb s1 growing like that. Node spacing is super tight. Extremely slow in veg. She is about 10" tall going on 65 days veg. She is a pretty plant.. I'm going to let her grow. I want to see what I get in flower. Might be hay, might be fire. I have been trying to get a cut to root with no luck yet. Might be a 1 time deal with her.

All FF medium has to much N,K what about Light warrior??.. I use all of them mixed with Sunshine#4. I get great results.

keep trying to clone her try different rooting hormones and try switching up the temps/environment where you are trying to get the new clones to root. even try to change up the medium that you use for clones it might help

Tere is enough trees for everyone BLESS!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oooops...I have not tested that one so I cannot say. I should be more careful...imo OF and Hf have too much N and K. Not that they won't work, they get plants going very fast. But that the cells of the plant end up taking in too much nitratte filling them with too much water and take up K instead of Ca making for weak cell walls making the plants more susceptible to insect attack.

I believe you. I have not had any issues using them for many years now. I have tried a few others. I always go back I get better results.... When I take FF mix with Sunshine#4 and some coco its a great mix. All the plants thrive in it... I don't see plant issues form using FF. Everything looks happy and healthy. :)... I have read others having issues with it.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
fucking hate rock wool, never using again. i usually just go old fashioned for my veg starts, simple 4-6in pots filled with coco or a coco/soil 50/50 blend. its always garunteed growth and nice unstressed plants especially with a little soil in there to feed them.

but its messy, so last month i decided to go out and try 4"rock wool cubes. bought 400 of them bitches, did the 30 min soak in a nice tea made w azos and other beneficials. the plants looked great the first week or two, but then after week two shit went haywire. they started to stack nodes way too close, and just had problems with consistency, some would see over watered, others dry, algae growing on the tops. did a side by side of 100 coco/soil starts that were TWO WEEKS BEHIND the 400+ rock wool starts….coco/soil absolutely massacred and shitted on the rock wool starts. plus i have to spend countless hours going through and cleaning out all the crammed nodes on my rock wool starts.

rock wool starts costed me at least 2 weeks worth of veg. i know its my first time and i probably didn't have things dialed 100% but still…compared w the ease of coco/soil starts I'm never going to experiment again. il take dirty flood trays over stunted ass ugly rock wool starts anyway. it seriously looked like someone sprayed my trays with bushload, none of them grew over 2ft tall in 1 month, most stayed around 6-10 inches with dozens of nodes which is a total nightmare to clean out and prune. NEVER AGAIN!

HIGHLY Doubt it was rockwool that caused you two weeks of growth...

It the way you watered them....

edit...and again this is my opinion. Take it for what you think it is worth.

sounds like a solid opinion to me... I use ff exclusively and think you're on to something from what I have observed. I'm going to try your blend next run.

Mad Lab

HIGHLY Doubt it was rockwool that caused you two weeks of growth...

It the way you watered them....

I understand where your coming from, and am do water RW correctly.

It must be my treatment of the larger cubes beforehand.

I needed to flush them out better, perhaps with hot water. thats the only thing i havent done, used hot water.

The FIRST day plugged, i fed at 5.3 yesterday, and tested it this morning, tipped them and got some runoff, 7.0!

I dont overwater and i even stack the cube on top of another so i get it to drain a alittle so its not oversaturated. its not overwater or underwater or dry spots.

its pH.

if i got them onto the drip to waste system earlier, they bounce back right away because of the flushing, but i dont want to put them into the system that early and handwatering with 25-50 runoff just doesnt do it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have no reason to try another mix. If its not broke don't fix.. If you are having issues with your mix you should try something else

I also use a MYCO inoculant. Comes in a powder. It's mixed it into the soil when I make a batch.

These are used with my base nutrients.
For Veg
picture.php

For Flower
picture.php

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I understand where your coming from, and am do water RW correctly.

It must be my treatment of the larger cubes beforehand.

I needed to flush them out better, perhaps with hot water. thats the only thing i havent done, used hot water.

The FIRST day plugged, i fed at 5.3 yesterday, and tested it this morning, tipped them and got some runoff, 7.0!

I dont overwater and i even stack the cube on top of another so i get it to drain a alittle so its not oversaturated. its not overwater or underwater or dry spots.

its pH.

if i got them onto the drip to waste system earlier, they bounce back right away because of the flushing, but i dont want to put them into the system that early and handwatering with 25-50 runoff just doesnt do it.

Soak with 1/4 strength nutrient @ 5.5 for 30-60 minutes, it dont matter. Use the same water you use to soak your cubes in on the 5-6th day, the day they should start drying out...

After, use normal nutrient ever few day. Dont give to much water, you want the cubes slightly dry till roots come out the bottom, 2-3 days..

After the roots come out water from the top of the cube, till you see it come out the bottom then STOP!

This method works great!

Mad Lab

Soak with 1/4 strength nutrient @ 5.5 for 30-60 minutes, it dont matter. Use the same water you use to soak your cubes in on the 5-6th day, the day they should start drying out...

After, use normal nutrient ever few day. Dont give to much water, you want the cubes slightly dry till roots come out the bottom, 2-3 days..

After the roots come out water from the top of the cube, till you see it come out the bottom then STOP!

This method works great!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=3359&pictureid=55427View Image

thanks krunch! similar to my method, but ill follow these instructions and see how it works.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flushing rockwool once a week will help alot. And 1 gallon per hugo(6x6x6) so its just pouring through, ph'd of course.

All mediums are great and have setbacks per each individuals application

OgRastaman

has anyone been able to get the gg#4 dud to get back to its full potential i still have vegging glue but i gave my friends some f my cuts and they had horrible luck with her and i jut want to make sure im not wasting my time or money
There is enough trees for everyone BLESS!

OgRastaman

thats why i havent given them out to any one else got to keep my rep clean but i have them next to my other plants and what ever is wrong with them has not spread or gotten to any of my other plants. im not trying to read through 2000 some pages to figure it out i know some one out there has had some kind luck with this situation even with other plants not just the gg#4 plants have been around for longer than us so i cant belive that this is some brand new thing to the plant world brought in by the MAD scientist Sunset Limited??????

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
has anyone been able to get the gg#4 dud to get back to its full potential i still have vegging glue but i gave my friends some f my cuts and they had horrible luck with her and i jut want to make sure im not wasting my time or money

Here's my waste of time and money. 10 plants worth in a 20 gallon
Whatever it is is spreading through the roots so I can't even throw it in the compost pile. Don't want to fuck up the veg garden. Totally worthless when you can't even compost it.

CCfromTCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts