What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganjaganjakush

Started using ogbio war microbe tea once and week and never have had such healthy plants total change from just two weeks worth. Here's some glue in veg the beast on back left is a 9lbhammerxfudo male that I'm gunna play around with
SJnqbTl.jpg

vapeking

Clones often have the purple petioles, but as they veg and grow and you move them to a bigger medium you should begin to see the new growth and petioles as green. The purple at the beginning is due to initial stress involved in the cloning process. IMO

Mad Lab

i just tested my runoff of a semi-new plugged cube, feed at 5.5, came out 6.7 LOL!

and i soaked and drained in 5.0 everyday for 5 days. and flushed a few gallons through each... damn limestone. the only thing i hate about RW.

It stunts them for a few days, and after a few feeds in the system they blow up, but im tired of losing that few days, it's the only thing really lacking in achieving a healthy plant life from start to finish.

anyone have experiences with not getting limestone out of grodan pargro quickdrains?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Clones often have the purple petioles, but as they veg and grow and you move them to a bigger medium you should begin to see the new growth and petioles as green. The purple at the beginning is due to initial stress involved in the cloning process. IMO

Ive found that the Glue gets purple/red stems when it is rootbound or in smaller pots. Keep them in bigger pots and she should stay green.

JointOperation

had 2 in 15 gallon smart pots.. still had some red stemming.. I think it was a ph issue..as at the etime I couldn't get over to were my grow was everyday...

theother

IME almost everything can go red/purple stemmed when its underfed and or rootbound. If they're in veg foliars are whats up. I have nursed back a lot of different genetics from the red stem look to perfection before I flip them with a good foliar program.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some strains do this. It doesn't always mean there is a issue. Make sure you have a issue before you do anything. You might create one where there was none.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i just tested my runoff of a semi-new plugged cube, feed at 5.5, came out 6.7 LOL!

and i soaked and drained in 5.0 everyday for 5 days. and flushed a few gallons through each... damn limestone. the only thing i hate about RW.

It stunts them for a few days, and after a few feeds in the system they blow up, but im tired of losing that few days, it's the only thing really lacking in achieving a healthy plant life from start to finish.

anyone have experiences with not getting limestone out of grodan pargro quickdrains?

fucking hate rock wool, never using again. i usually just go old fashioned for my veg starts, simple 4-6in pots filled with coco or a coco/soil 50/50 blend. its always garunteed growth and nice unstressed plants especially with a little soil in there to feed them.

but its messy, so last month i decided to go out and try 4"rock wool cubes. bought 400 of them bitches, did the 30 min soak in a nice tea made w azos and other beneficials. the plants looked great the first week or two, but then after week two shit went haywire. they started to stack nodes way too close, and just had problems with consistency, some would see over watered, others dry, algae growing on the tops. did a side by side of 100 coco/soil starts that were TWO WEEKS BEHIND the 400+ rock wool starts….coco/soil absolutely massacred and shitted on the rock wool starts. plus i have to spend countless hours going through and cleaning out all the crammed nodes on my rock wool starts.

rock wool starts costed me at least 2 weeks worth of veg. i know its my first time and i probably didn't have things dialed 100% but still…compared w the ease of coco/soil starts I'm never going to experiment again. il take dirty flood trays over stunted ass ugly rock wool starts anyway. it seriously looked like someone sprayed my trays with bushload, none of them grew over 2ft tall in 1 month, most stayed around 6-10 inches with dozens of nodes which is a total nightmare to clean out and prune. NEVER AGAIN!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a SDubb s1 growing like that. Node spacing is super tight. Extremely slow in veg. She is about 10" tall going on 65 days veg. She is a pretty plant.. I'm going to let her grow. I want to see what I get in flower. Might be hay, might be fire. I have been trying to get a cut to root with no luck yet. Might be a 1 time deal with her.

milkyjoe

Veteran
6 inch pots with black and gold natural and organic with 20 lbs of lime and 20 lbs of soft rock phosphate per yard of b and g. Gets enough Ca in the cells from the get go and makes life easy. FF has to much N and K. Coco has too much K which out competes the Ca.

Better yet keystone bio ag greenhouse media straight out the bag...starts only. It is too light for for full runs

My opinion only and everyone is entitled to their own

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All FF medium has to much N,K what about Light warrior??.. I use all of them mixed with Sunshine#4. I get great results.

Mad Lab

fucking hate rock wool, never using again. i usually just go old fashioned for my veg starts, simple 4-6in pots filled with coco or a coco/soil 50/50 blend. its always garunteed growth and nice unstressed plants especially with a little soil in there to feed them.

but its messy, so last month i decided to go out and try 4"rock wool cubes. bought 400 of them bitches, did the 30 min soak in a nice tea made w azos and other beneficials. the plants looked great the first week or two, but then after week two shit went haywire. they started to stack nodes way too close, and just had problems with consistency, some would see over watered, others dry, algae growing on the tops. did a side by side of 100 coco/soil starts that were TWO WEEKS BEHIND the 400+ rock wool starts….coco/soil absolutely massacred and shitted on the rock wool starts. plus i have to spend countless hours going through and cleaning out all the crammed nodes on my rock wool starts.

rock wool starts costed me at least 2 weeks worth of veg. i know its my first time and i probably didn't have things dialed 100% but still…compared w the ease of coco/soil starts I'm never going to experiment again. il take dirty flood trays over stunted ass ugly rock wool starts anyway. it seriously looked like someone sprayed my trays with bushload, none of them grew over 2ft tall in 1 month, most stayed around 6-10 inches with dozens of nodes which is a total nightmare to clean out and prune. NEVER AGAIN!

LOL, at least its not just my experience. i started 15 yrs ago on RW, after a few years went to pretty much everything for awhile, but fuck the clean up for big or multiple projects with DWC, coco and soil. i like HPA aero but some partners dont have the means to do it.

After a few days RW explode for me and surpass my coco when i do side by sides. and they finish huge with better yields, but as you say you lose something in veg, which could be better. would be nice to fix.

i did coco for 5 years and it was good, but too much clean up and/or remixing, i hate that much work.

not hatin on coco, love it, but im looking for a smaller package

did you ever try the cocotek blocks Prop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts