What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
First run of glue was next to my first and last run of deathstar.. I keep her around but I don't flower her.. Glue just spanks her. Imho of course

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had herd something about the fake cuts in CO. I don't see them here in Cali..Our market is flooded with real cuts so most are gonna know real from fake.

Tons of real deal cuts in CO, all over the place and spreading everyday i guarantee it...
but thought i should put out the heads up that the fakes are out there, s1's being touted as the real deal.
:tiphat:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
S1 can be very similar to the MOM but most are not...If some one intentionally renamed a S1 as a gg#4 to cash in on the name there bottom feeders. I hope they get caught. I have 2 gg#4 s1 in veg now. Had 4 but lost 2. When I get some more room I will pop more GG#4 S1. The 1st Sour Dubb I grew also produced some S1 seeds.. I have a SDubb s1 in veg. She is a really pretty plant but so slow in veg the pic is 65 days from seed.. The growth is so tight and compact she doesn't get proper ventilation so I pruned her a bit so she could breath. I'm calling her Odd Betty lol..

picture.php

MIMedHead

Bobble head has some fire he is playing with here in my backyard!

Doing a little research tonight and came across a pic that blew me away when I seen it a long time ago and did the same when I seen it tonight. Anyone remember Jackmayoffers pic of his dried GG4 holy smokes some of the most triched out bud I ever seen online! Someone should totally post it for me lol amazing bud from and amazing grower to bad he don't hang around Icmag anymore

Grizz

Veteran
I had the dumpster cut I believe it was 5 yrs ago , got it from a guy back that way, dident think it was anywhere near as good as the chem sis or sour dub, also got the death star and it wasent much either so who knows if they were legit,

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm also questioning cuts I have had that did not live up to there hype. I guess that is normal for just about everything. Now I'm unsure if the cuts where what they where suppose to be. The cut of Chem 91 and Chem 4 I tried where not better then the glue. So it has me wondering did I have fakes?? Some say chem 91 is way better same with C4. It's really upsetting people do this. If you don't have the real cut pawning off another only adds confusion and bad opinions based on fraudulent cuts. talk about fuked up situation. Now im bummed. total buzz kill.

Mad Lab

I really can't see it being nematodes.
Seriously. Follow this=
Got the cut from a friend
He still doesn't have this problem
I've never had this problem
Other tables in the room are unaffected
What are the odds I got the ONLY cut from his mom that had nematodes?
Doesn't add up.

I thought that str8tedges post included something about them traveling with water, so the plants on the same tray would have had contact with eachother possibly, as opposed to the other trays? just runoff water possibly traveling to other pots? If its two different strains doing the same thing we can rule out genetic duds. But as you say, this same scenario on your wet tray with contact with other pots would also allow for the culprit to be a root related issue. Whether its bacterial or pest related...

And your buddy not getting it, could be less active or dormant which is very common activity among various insects. Not saying this is the case, but SS's information if true, might be the culprit.

I'm trying to find more information on stem nematodes but am not getting much yet. Super interested in this issue. I almost wish i knew someone personally who had samples i could test. Soil/medium and plant samples. Although I might be inviting that plague into my own garden with my curiousity(stupidity)

So many indisputably great growers in this thread left puzzled, its only a matter of short time that one of you figure this out.

Mad Lab

Any one get cuts from oakland organics

I have before a couple years ago. Obviously no gg4, but when i purchased platinum cookies, forum cut, larry og and triangle og, they were absolutely what they were labeled and likely elite cuts(or preformed as such).

So I can only tell you one experience I had was positive.

dabking

I've had some magical bug that ate all the THC from a purple diesel, not a single other plant on the tray was affected, salad grow at the time. I tried very hard to identify but no real answer. They were visible in a colony it looked like tan/orange dust. I was told nematodes but they didn't fit the physical description. I went to see a few commercial farmers to get help and they were stumped.It definitely dudded the plant to worthlessness. If any of you know what these really are it would be nice to know. I treated them as nematodes and russet mites. Havent seen them again in the last few years.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Here is all you could see with the naked eye, notice the dusty (woody like) color patch.
picture.php

Last edited:

Mad Lab

I'm also questioning cuts I have had that did not live up to there hype. I guess that is normal for just about everything. Now I'm unsure if the cuts where what they where suppose to be. The cut of Chem 91 and Chem 4 I tried where not better then the glue. So it has me wondering did I have fakes?? Some say chem 91 is way better same with C4. It's really upsetting people do this. If you don't have the real cut pawning off another only adds confusion and bad opinions based on fraudulent cuts. talk about fuked up situation. Now im bummed. total buzz kill.

My opinion is that overall, gg4 wins over both of those chems, for the fact her overall package delivers more to the grower.

GG4 has bag appeal, smell, taste, great yields, short veg time, consistent density in all/most flowersites, but her best quality is she is EASY TO GROW, vigorous, and although sometimes acquires PM outdoors, indoors shes not very prone. Unlike the Chem 4 and 91.

91 is an overall better smoke to me and denser nugs. But doesnt have much of the rest of the package. Shorter flower period over the long Chem4's.

But Chem4 is another big package, she competes with gg4 in MANY aspects but slightly longer veg times and flower times, not as consistent, and prone to PM. So overall, shes another great cash cropper with beautifully light pounds and intense terpene lingers...

PF, I feel like if you had good cuts of them you would be a fan.

Mad Lab

I've had some magical bug that ate all the THC from a purple diesel, not a single other plant on the tray was affected, salad grow at the time. I tried very hard to identify but no real answer. They were visible in a colony it looked like tan/orange dust. I was told nematodes but they didn't fit the physical description. I went to see a few commercial farmers to get help and they were stumped.It definitely dudded the plant to worthlessness. If any of you know what these really are it would be nice to know. I treated them as nematodes and russet mites. Havent seen them again in the last few years.

View Image View Image View Image View Image
Here is all you could see with the naked eye, notice the dusty (woody like) color patch.
View Image

Looks like russet mites, no?

What part of your plant did they attack exactly?

stihgnobevoli

Veteran

View Image View Image View Image View Image
View Image

appears to be some form of scale. have you tried looking there?

jw23ck11

Veteran
Speaking of DS, this is my first flowering DS Ohio cut. Any cchance its as real as my gg4?
picture.php

Glue impresses every time. Day 61 and she is just about ready.
picture.php
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.