What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xray Kimono

Kinda meant that I would love to trim a pound of my OWN GG4... Hence the journey to Dark Heart to clone up.

Although.... I could make it a journey across America Fromm burgh to burgh surviving only on GG4 trimming work. Call it Glue-iver's Travels.
Nah... I'd end up getting too baked and forgetting what the project was about....

Carry on!

Xray

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are 2 gg#4 and gg#1. GG#1 has that lemon aroma.. If you are getting Lemon or fruity sweet aromas it's gg#1. The Consensus is that GG#4 is better..

I get a rich Mocha chem smell from mine. The longer she goes the more Coffee/choc aromas appear..I have had a strain toss seeds that did not get pollinated as well. Here is a pic. When pollination happens the pistils will shrivel turn color and die. You can see this has not been pollinated.. Some type of Hermie trait.

picture.php

So if im good
2 gg#4
now à gg#1 and this one is hermies of original gg#4?
GG # 1 & 4 à hermies if stress
and still à elite or just à top clones?

Breed calcul lool gg#1 = gg#4×gx#4=gg#4'1 loool im à fucking idiot loool

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No GG#1 is just a different seed that was grown at the same time as gg#4. I think there where 3 altogether.. JW can confirm this. Most plants will toss naners when stressed. This is not new. That pic I posted is Grape Stomper.

X

Xray Kimono

Does DHN have the mocha/coffee one? I want that one. I love coffee flavored anything, so to have a weed that is badass and funky coffee smelling.... We'll that is just a flavgasm in my palate.

Xray

Ok so now only test left is make it grow and a do it...and look like is more than legit .last test is smoke one à know all à need to know..!!
Respect the Dumb go out and let thé master talk

MIMedHead

So I had my GG4 tested at iron labs in MI, I had two tests performed from the same batch of gg4 the first test sample was picked and sent in from a dispensary, they picked out the Sample and sent it to iron labs the results came back a measly 16% delta 9thc which surprised us all but they bought more so it dont matter to me.

The second sample I picked out and gave to another dispensary to test at iron labs for me that sample resulted in a delta 9THC of 20% which still seemed low but it's better then The other test. Both GG4 samples were from the same batch of plants but not necessarily the same plant.

This was the first time I have ever had anything tested by a lab and I could honestly careless about the reaults bc I get way more stoned smoking my 16-20% thc Gg4 then the 23%thc platinum OG I tried from some of these dispensaries.

Just thought I would share some results.

Last edited:

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
MIMed...

Sounds like your lab actually shows realistic numbers...

Because, unless your cut registers above the 35th precentile on the cannabis Richter Scale - your cut is so not legit.

/sarcasm

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
^ I do! They have; broad mites, pm, thrips, cyclamen, spider mites, leaf miners, hemp russets mites, duds and mislableds.

marrdogg

Veteran
I'm running 3k. 2 Gavita, 1 E-PAP.. I do get some heat stress(Toco leaf) I have 12' Ceilings.. Its not cusing any issues other than the Toco leaf. TC also gets the same as I do.

Is the taco leaf more pronounced under the gavita or epaps? I know the gavita's have a little more penetration while the epaps more spread. I have some plants that sit at least 16" from bulb with no taco leaf. I cool with a simple swamp cooler and wall mounted oscillating fans. I do like that plants that are 5' from bulb still fill out nicely and I figure cause of the low ceiling I get decent formation all the way up even the six footers. How close is your bulbs from your tops?

Mad Lab

I wonder if I just have a bad nose, but i never get the coffee smell from my gg4. I've grown it so many ways and even sampled buddies i let grow her.

Pretty sure I got the right one. I think my source is legit?

Mad Lab

I also operate the ballasts on the 1125w setting I believe that's what it is the max setting. PEACE!

I think its 1150.

But I get the taco when my canopy gets to about 2 feet from bulb. The last run I did where I got ALOT more than normal (3) the canopy was 3.5-4 feet from bulb. I raised to 4 feet and blasted 1150 for weeks 5-6 only then dropped back down to 3.5 feet and turned down to 850.

Didnt get any taco (maybe a tiny tacorito here and there but not much)

temps at 5-6weeks at canopy where 78f.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The E-PAP is in the center I don't see the taco until the plants are on the right side witch is a gavita...Im now using the E-PAP with the MH so that light mixed with the left and right Gaivita since it has wider distribution.. Its 1150 max. I did this 1x and got some crispy tops.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Question - did you ever run a comparison between the factory hoods for the Gavita and the E-pap? (I know you run aftermarket hoods now)

But if the hoods on the E-paps do in fact give a different distribution pattern (more to the sides) and the vented top / two part design does allow them to run cooler...

Seems they would be more suited for someone with limited height.

I was considering a 1k gavita and only running it at 750 but after reading the 600/750 units are 20% more efficient...and I know I won't be able to utilize a true 1k setting on them anytime in the near future...has me thinking the 600/750 is just an all around better option for my limitations...

UNLESS - the E-pap and it's different design would allow me to utilize 1k...

I mean, I don't see why you can't just flower SMALLER plants or plants trained lower to keep the distance from the bulb as necessary and still run either of them at 1k? I don't have an issue growing plants that are flipped at 12" and still getting yields.

dank.Frank

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I wonder if I just have a bad nose, but i never get the coffee smell from my gg4. I've grown it so many ways and even sampled buddies i let grow her.

Pretty sure I got the right one. I think my source is legit?

Everyone's nose is subjective... but IME the mocha/coffee note comes out best in soil after 63 days. Not so much in hydro but that's just my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.