What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm going to pop this in and see if I get better results. It has a 5000hr life that= about 14 months 12/12...
picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just found these the other day. Did not even know they where making MH DE bulbs. These would not be very useful in a veg room with only 5k hrs to work with.

sureshot66

Veteran
thanks frostbyte ive been looking for those, the 6 and 10 k sound like more of what im looking for, 10 looks like the super blue spectrum

Last edited:

marrdogg

Veteran
I'm going to pop this in and see if I get better results. It has a 5000hr life that= about 14 months 12/12...
View Image
View Image

RR I'm running two epaps and another 1000w with regular bulb/nanolux ballast. The room is 11'x9 8foot ceilings I have no problem with lights being too close. I have plants that are at least 6 foot tall with no apparent light burn or abnormal growth. To be honest I'm loving the fuck outta them! No heat problems pretty easy to keep cool definately run cooler than the mogul based bulb. Wrong qoute was responding to ResinRyder's post. PEACE!

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
RR I'm running two epaps and another 1000w with regular bulb/nanolux ballast. The room is 11'x9 8foot ceilings I have no problem with lights being too close. I have plants that are at least 6 foot tall with no apparent light burn or abnormal growth. To be honest I'm loving the fuck outta them! No heat problems pretty easy to keep cool definately run cooler than the mogul based bulb. Wrong qoute was responding to ResinRyder's post. PEACE!

Thanks for the info marrdogg. Wasn't sure how they would be heat wise.

Mad Lab

Hey i just got back, and am confused...

Someone PM'd me saying i posted personal email.. very untrue.

I dont have that email number one, and i didnt even refer to the breeder of gg4 by name or screen name, did i?

What do i need to take off? Just tell me and ill do it.. but really confused..

Grizz

Veteran
want to thank all that helped get that shit str8, seems the kid was trying to help out but that's something he needed to talk to me about before posting personal info in a open forum.

RR special thanks to you for letting me know. I have enough trouble now without adding more

Mad Lab

Im still confused, someone please PM me informing me where i possibly gave out someone's personal email? I would never, and dont even have anyones email...

EDIT *Ok got it now, guess it was a quote, didnt realize anyone had posted personal info or i wouldnt have quoted it. Must have missed it because when i was in convo i didnt even think anyone referrenced the breeders name or info. Not cool.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm running 3k. 2 Gavita, 1 E-PAP.. I do get some heat stress(Toco leaf) I have 12' Ceilings.. Its not cusing any issues other than the Toco leaf. TC also gets the same as I do.

Mad Lab

I'm running 3k. 2 Gavita, 1 E-PAP.. I do get some heat stress(Toco leaf) I have 12' Ceilings.. Its not cusing any issues other than the Toco leaf. TC also gets the same as I do.

PF, what distance from bulb to canopy?

How do you like the e-Pap? I notice them to be not as effective indoors but wonder about greenhouse use of them, where there's alot of argument that theyre better in such an environment.

Some e-pap lovers try to show me 3x3 light grids to support their claims but I seem to be not educated enough to understand their logic.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It varies from left to right. left side has the new plants just put in. Cnter has mid flowering plants, Right has almost finished plants. I like it I see no difference from the GAVITA...I'm only using 1 E-PAP. I'm using it in the center.. I just changed the bulb in it to the DE MH. I just checked on it looks good. I now have a mixed light spectrum HPS/MH 4k

Mad Lab

It varies from left to right. left side has the new plants just put in. Cnter has mid flowering plants, Right has almost finished plants. I like it I see no difference from the GAVITA...I'm only using 1 E-PAP. I'm using it in the center.. I just changed the bulb in it to the DE MH. I just checked on it looks good. I now have a mixed light spectrum HPS/MH 4k

Good to hear you like them both.

Love to hear your feedback on the DE MH bulbs, which i havent dabbled in just yet. I use CMH's though, which i love.

Ever check out monster gardens test on epap and gavitas? Wondering your thoughts on it if you did. As I said, perhaps too uneducated on PAR to comprehend what it all means.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KssV...A9ZTNzPkJilVCQ[/FONT]

**EDIT - whats the furthest your canopy gets to a bulb when tacoing?
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ya know a while back when I was sayn I don't get the taco like you and 3rd do? Well I figured out why. Only had my lights on 750 cranked em up to 825 and BAM!!!!!! Now I have tacos too :woohoo: wonder what I'll get from the 1 I cranked up to 1k lol
Wanna try to keep up with your mh results. I may toss 1 up in the center of the room if it's worth it :chin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah where they hack you been..

I did a crap load of testing with the E-PAP VS Standard Ballast.. (PAR) The E-PAP was way better in all cases. This was 2+ years ago. I have never measured that. but the right side is at 11.5' that where I see the taco leaf.. I have the mall on 825w

Grizz

Veteran
Ya know a while back when I was sayn I don't get the taco like you and 3rd do? Well I figured out why. Only had my lights on 750 cranked em up to 825 and BAM!!!!!! Now I have tacos too :woohoo: wonder what I'll get from the 1 I cranked up to 1k lol
Wanna try to keep up with your mh results. I may toss 1 up in the center of the room if it's worth it :chin:

no one told me you were having taco's. no invite ?

Mad Lab

Ah where they hack you been..

I did a crap load of testing with the E-PAP VS Standard Ballast.. (PAR) The E-PAP was way better in all cases. This was 2+ years ago. I have never measured that. but the right side is at 11.5' that where I see the taco leaf.. I have the mall on 825w

I've never started a grow with gavita DE's at full blast and raised to the ceiling from day 1 like the dutch warehouses.

But I'm starting one right now and i feel the gg4 is the perfect lady to try it with.

Ditched the smartphone awhile ago and am in the market for a new camera this week to record the grow for everyone. gonna to do side by side with 2 lights raised and 2 lights 3 feet from bulb throughout the grow.

Has anyone tested the gavitas raised from start to finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts