What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarezhu

I dont think we talked shit, we just said it was unneccessary. If you can get 3 units per light with same veg time and less then half the plants... its a no brainer. you save money and time chopping off all the extra garbage.

Oh no, they were definitely talking shit! :p Not that I could EVER hold a grudge :p

I'll have an update soon, still struggling to get the flower room ready.

Gonna be 14-15 per light, and hopefully some beautiful even canopies .

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm sure anyone can run those kind of #'s. But like what was said its not practical for my grow style. depending on how the plants are trained (scrog) Makes a huge difference. I could never fit 6 let alone 18 plants under 1 light in my room the way I grow they just wouldn't fit properly. 1 plant is 3'x7'. No way I can put 18 of those under 1 light not possible. If I took those same plant trained them all to just the main shoot lollipoped and no veg im sure I could get alot in but even if you had all 18 in just 1g grow bags that would take up more than a 5x5 area so how are 18 fitting under 1 light?. We have our ways of growing I like my girls to have there space. If there touching ea other to much I don't like it. Putting 9 under 1 light is not even something I would consider unless the plants where lollipoped. 9 plants in 1g grow bags would be dam close to a 5x5 area with absolutely no room to maneuver. I want large buds. I don't want any larf. Quality over quantity all the time.

Good luck

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
it all depends on veg time. you wouldn't want to run 4 plants under a 1000 if you only veg for a week. and if you veg for a month, you damn sure don't want to run 16. Im only planning on vegging 1 1/2 - 2 weeks, so ima run 8-9 plants.

onavelzy

Veteran
This thread is too long lol. Anyways heading to the cup for the 2nd time any advice on where I should look for the best gear? Can you get GG at the cup?

Ill be at the SoCal cups with some GG4 clones...

Pay what you want, ALL proceeds goes to Josey Wales...

I don't have a booth but will be there Friday through Sunday morning...

Try Krunchbubble, a source for clones at the cup with proceeds to benefit Joesy

A

acridlab

Beginning week 9
Doing great, looking beautiful :)
10% of donations for this beautiful girl going twards attorney fund for sure,, keep ya head up, jw
PEACE
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
yeah he was referring to ogorganic, as he had a few trays of glue cuts that were sold at the santa rosa cup. afaik ogorganic keeps momma plants to take his cuts so chances are that what you picked up isn't a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone times infinity.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
even if it was would there be any difference? I don't keep moms all my glue is the same as the 1st glue. A bit better now since I have her dialed in.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
even if it was would there be any difference? I don't keep moms all my glue is the same as the 1st glue. A bit better now since I have her dialed in.

This is how we always did it. take clones of all the plants before they go into flower and they will be used for the next round.
We did notice some genetic drift with the affgooey after some years of doing this. some plants would be way higher producers while some started loosing there umf. i was planning to take cuts of all and give them numbers so the the beastly yielder could be made into a mother then restart the process from her but ended up loosing the cut.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't noticed that its been 2 years now.. Some variation in yield but that's normal. Quality, aroma and taste are all the same..

A soon sort out that gg#4 to see if all this hype is legit since a manage to get it!!

So will see gg#4 vrs riri sour diesel cut!!!
800 pages of talk ...a Hope just thé smell alone kick you

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
yeah that was like after about 5-6 years of doing that. could have had something to do with the particular cut tooken, like location on the plant, or health of the plant, but i jus know it eventually happened. Not to say it will happen with all strains. I think if i would have took the best one n remothered then started over it would have been a long time before i seen that happen again.

StoneyK

Veteran
They say a cut will perform differently depending on where its taken too, hormone levels in tops an bottom shoots are different.
I dunno if im halicinating but I could swear my cuts from a mature well vegged mother do better all the way around, root faster grow a lil quicker just show a lil more vigor in general really.
Early on is where it makes the difference once a plant gets vegged they seem to do about the same all things being equal.

Last edited:
she at home from 1 week. ..a go see if she bad
torture for she in all aspect
heat cold pest fertiliser...and see if a bad girl for real

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The GG and the OGM have been run for the last 2..If there are any issues its always my screw up. I don't take cuts until the plants are ready to flower so there good size.. I Will just have to wait and see if that happens to me.. There not going anywhere anytime soon. I know the Sour Dub I have has to be pretty old.. I don't have another dub to compare her too. She is still outstanding..

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
420club
she at home from 1 week. ..a go see if she bad
torture for she in all aspect
heat cold pest fertiliser...and see if a bad girl for real

Clueless on any reason why you would want to stress a plant in extremes of heat, cold, pest, or ferts to determine it's worthiness or not. If that is the environment she has to contend with maybe you should be providing her with a better set of conditions if your goal is to evaluate her worthiness or lack there of...

Status
Not open for further replies.