What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

redlaser

Veteran
I look for variety, and the best examples of what I like, skunk, cheese, c99, sdubb, animal, g4, wifi43. Some haven't been finished yet but they all have a nice smell and at least have potential if genuine.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's no question sdub will be the best on that list. wifi43 is also suppose to be great but not like Sdub. You will see when she is done.

Mad Lab

What happened to that skywalker OG hype. Never got the real deal a few years ago, just that garbage Dutch Passion strain.. MazarxBBxOG I think.

But I used to hear so much about it, now noone mentions it.

Was it fire? What are some of your opinions?

shit, sorry off topic

Ganjaganjakush

attachment.php

S

StudenTeacher

My experience is much like JW's. Paients flip out over the latest fruit dank varieties I grow until the second harvest comes. Then, most want something that won't wear on them so much.
Fruity strains tend to take me for too much of a ride and leave me feeling less stable then I started off. For me it's like a watered down version of what I refer to as the Valium effect (haven't taken proscription drugs for 14 years). I just don't seem as happy when it wears off.

Mad Lab,
I just grew Skywalker from Reserva Privada and it is great. One of the five looked similar to the cut and the others had the appearance of various OGK types many of us have seen out there. Dark green OG, not like SFV or Tahoe. If you're an OG snob you will have complaints about a few phenos, as we all prefer a different OG. Very piney. More flavor and smell than the OG 18 ladies that grew next to her. One pheno is incredibly potent and Piney but dark so bag appeal is average for OG. I'm hoping folks will see past this as it's truly incredible herb. All phenos were decent in bud quality but some plants grew like shit. Some took 65 days and some took 8O but most 70 days from seeds. The stoney one is more potent than the cut but a less appealing buzz. No fuel in these ones. More sativa than original OGK but not as much as Tahoe. Of the OG 18, Skywalker, kosher, and sour kush from Reserva Privada, they all had one winner pheno in each pack. Not secret back room stash type of shit but top shelf for sure. The other phenos grown well will surpass a mediocre grown elite, but they were not standouts.

S

StudenTeacher

Almost forgot to answer the question. The Skywalker cut is very good but in my opinion there are plenty of other OG types that are equally as good or better. There are so many people making crosses with OG types that finding the originals isn't needed so much now days. 10-15 years ago, before this quality of pot was unleashed on the masses, it would be far and away the best herb in any circle. I feel the cut was marketed excellently due to the great name and the internet. I mean, Luke helped to beat the dark forces and is an interplanetary hero. I'd like to think we all want to hang with the good guys:)

Last edited:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
The list of true elite cuts is small.. SLH is not on it.. Huge difference between true elite and keepers. If your including strains like SLH as elite then our opinions are drastically different.

Not as small as the list of elite growers

A plants full potential is reliant on a proper environment as environment is the force that shapes genes over time.

How a plant effects someone is based on that individuals biochemistry.

Minimally this means that unless you have the right combination of elements, right person, right plant, right environment the statement elite really means homogenous plant that performs "relatively" well in all circumstances regardless of cultivator's/market place's ignorance of the fact that homogenous means less dynamic and specific both on an individual and environmental level.

A true elite is a plant that changes lives when someone is handed that jar and all the elements in between.

Thinking that a plant like this should reach full potential with nothing more than NPK and lots of it is not only primitive but counter intuitive in all regards.

all regards even fiscal

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Im not a fruity fan unless it really does smell and taste like blueberry, or cherry, strawberry ,or bananna.... Whatever the case may be.
If it lives up to its name, and its in the top of its class as far as what the herb could or can be, than I like it.
I'm prone to lean towards a "CHEFfy description" type plant though.:biggrin:

There are so many strains, both old and new, that are special for their very own unique reasons.
Thats what I love about this plant. Always expanding and changing the terpene profiles as it X breeds with other genotypes. It never gets old cause there is so much to discover about this wonderous plant.

The fact its devided into three catagories, gives this plant an even more amazing, super refreshing energy and child like excitement, now that we have Sativa(NLD), Indica(WLD), and Ruderalis(Af). The combinations we can come up with, have come up with, and are about to come up with are endless. Each being unique and some being truly amazing above some others.

But... each terpene combination bringing that awe and wonder, to what it could hold in store for the patiently waiting farmer, just makes the venture a truly wonderous and amazing experience that has kept me poppin beans for years and keeping only 1 or 2 as a mainstay along the way.

marrdogg

Veteran
I feel you OverGrow the excitment is so strong when pop new especially untested beens because of the endless possibilities! I too lean more towards the skunk funk greasy chocolatey fuel sour flavors also. The fruity stuff doesn't really do it for me unless as stated previously it stands out and spot on with those fruity flavors then I can actually deal with it for a bit but my love is that funk! And I don't even drink coffee guys but will burn my asshole up with spicy foods. PEACE!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not as small as the list of elite growers

A plants full potential is reliant on a proper environment as environment is the force that shapes genes over time.

How a plant effects someone is based on that individuals biochemistry.

Minimally this means that unless you have the right combination of elements, right person, right plant, right environment the statement elite really means homogenous plant that performs "relatively" well in all circumstances regardless of cultivator's/market place's ignorance of the fact that homogenous means less dynamic and specific both on an individual and environmental level.

A true elite is a plant that changes lives when someone is handed that jar and all the elements in between.

Thinking that a plant like this should reach full potential with nothing more than NPK and lots of it is not only primitive but counter intuitive in all regards.

all regards even fiscal

I don't agree, There are way more people that can grow cannabis to its Full potential then there are elite cuts . I would never call anyone an elite grower. Way to cliquey

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Can't believe I read this 800 page novel. There is enough material in these pages for a half dozen bad country western songs, 10 comics, 20 cartoons, a coffee table book of bud pictures, two B movies and 1 opera.:tiphat:

S

sourpuss

Ill take some old school blueberry over just about anything.... almost.... ecsd also fruity is tops for me but has the diesel dank..... also old blues got that skunk 1 dank so I guess I like it both ways lol

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Can't believe I read this 800 page novel. There is enough material in these pages for a half dozen bad country western songs, 10 comics, 20 cartoons, a coffee table book of bud pictures, two B movies and 1 opera.:tiphat:

Haha! but i bet now you know how to identify/clone/grow/trim/move/photograph/process/ and smoke gorilla glue like a pro too.

Grizz

Veteran

did you learn anything ? like being able to tell if its a real girl or a t/s ??:biggrin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wanted to share my off topic pic's of the 20g Sour Dubb, she is a big girl. I just took down the 15g and put in another 20g :).
picture.php

picture.php

The SDUB I sprayed with STS..Fan is off in the DR60 tent just waiting now..

picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.