What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Lab

Opinions are what you say, assholes. But we can still have a discussion about the flavor intensity of elite cuts if your in the circle of people who are lucky enough to experience many different elites, cant we?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The list of true elite cuts is small.. SLH is not on it.. Huge difference between true elite and keepers. If your including strains like SLH as elite then our opinions are drastically different.

milkyjoe

Veteran
I would love to see a list of what PF considers elite. I do agree slh not on that list...but neither is chem 4 imo..and that is all it is, my opinion. Shouldnt mean a thing to anyone else

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
I truly believe that if you think GG#4 has bland flavor, and not considered an elite, you really haven't dialed her.

MadLab, with all due respect... can we see some pics of your fully dialed Glue?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Opinions are what you say, assholes. But we can still have a discussion about the flavor intensity of elite cuts if your in the circle of people who are lucky enough to experience many different elites, cant we?

of course you can ...... in any other thread than the GG4 thread ..... lets stick to the topic on hand in this thread , can we ?

for me & my circle of friends .... GG4 is the best thing to hit this area in a long fukin time !!! everything around here has been kush this & kush that , that GG was a very pleasent surprise for many people !!!

Grizz

Veteran
I would love to see a list of what PF considers elite. I do agree slh not on that list...but neither is chem 4 imo..and that is all it is, my opinion. Shouldnt mean a thing to anyone else

joe you have taste like mine. chem 4 is a beast but not a elite my no means for me, but we all have to remember everyone has different taste and desires for what they like. gg4 has more than proven herself . I would say the ratio for like to dislike is about 20 to 1. you cant take anything away from sfv og, shit was bomb 10 yrs ago and is still bomb today, I never had success growing sfv, rooted super slow, never seemed healthy, never yielded good for me, I have seen stoneys sfv and damn it looks good and taste good. she is a elite I believe in anyones book.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm not running chem4? never have but from what I here its the worst of the bunch? I have never tried it so cant say.. I can only list what I have in my garden for Elites and keepers. I cant list anything I have not tried.

I have been through hundreds of strains many keepers found but nothing I want to keep running so I keep looking for the plants that really stand out like Sdubb does.. SFV and WIFI#43 will be added soon..

These are what I run all the time plus the seed plants. I had very high hopes for the Chem Bubble. I like her but I found some seeds in both runs. Running 1 more time if I see any seed I will cull her.
Sour Double
OG Mango
GG#4

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've smoked and or grown some where around 300 strains, cuts, elites, homegrown, etc...

In the last decade...

GG#4 - belongs on the list and is right up there with some of the very best. VERY few plants can put out that kind of yield and retain that degree of quality...

She's special. Cups or no cups. 10,000 gardens or one garden. The cut holds her own.

I honestly have to agree with Dan - if you don't like her - you just aren't doing something right...even with personal preferences in the mix...it's REALLY HARD to imagine someone not enjoying her.

She's just one of those that after smoking 15 different things and it all becomes muddy - you can hit GG#4 and find a whole new depth to the high - and that is special.

dank.Frank

MIMedHead

Glue vs SFV - grown by Phillthy. (hehehe - give me a stick and a dead horse)

SFV

View Image

View Image

GG#4

View Image

View Image

Nothing not to love about either cut...I've smoked 'em both. Different beasts. Different kind of high - different kind of taste - different kind of smoke.

Personally, I want the greasy pure fuel funk of the 5k back...

View Image

Miss ya brother, Phillthy.

dank.Frank

Amazing strains and photography skills!!!

MIMedHead

I truly believe that if you think GG#4 has bland flavor, and not considered an elite, you really haven't dialed her.

MadLab, with all due respect... can we see some pics of your fully dialed Glue?

My second run with her is in C vaults, every time I go to refill empty jars I get the most intense Mocha roasted coffe funk, almost like I opened a bag of roasted coffee.

Best tasting cannabis I have ever grown by far, I think my favorite part of the flavor is the after taste that lingers for 15-30 min on my pallet after a J

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OG Mango Haze.. I lov this stuff.. The smell and flavor are super special to me. Sorry for the off topic posts ;)

picture.php

redlaser

Veteran
Is the OG mango the same as the Og mango haze? And milky the taste is like lemons combined with clementines, IMO.

S

StudenTeacher

Hello,
Here in southern California we have it all, the good, the bad and the ugly:)
There's a cut of Super Lemon that goes around that is as good as anything out there, but it more than likely is not representative of the seed stock. I haven't grown the beans so I cannot say from personal experience, but the cut is absolute fire. Obviously most that have tried the glue feel the same, she is great. Consensus shows this in more markets than one.
I think seasoned growers like some of us, that are growing the best herb in the world will always have our personal faves and we will look down on other elite varieties that do not suit our preferences. Sometimes I am ashamed to say that Blue Dream is one of my all time favorites, because around here it's played out, and there are tons of varieties that are considered to be of a higher quality. When I tell folks I'm all about the Dream they think I'm an amateur. I've grown hundreds of varieties and smoked several hundred/thousands of strains over the years, and the subtle qualities of the BD are still enchanting to me. It's my job to satisfy patient demand so I have to set my preferences aside or I'll be in trouble. I've found that in my circle, people that like to eat sweets and fruit also prefer their cannabis this way, likewise for folks that prefer chocolate or coffee type flavors. My very limited knowledge, and recent reading on terpines, has me thinking at this point that our brains may not be able to tell where the terps originate, but we crave them just the same. I love the sharp flavors and scents but after half a J I'm done with it for the day and reach for something more smooth. I should mention I'm a chocolate lover, through and through:)

Grizz

Veteran
Hello,
Here in southern California we have it all, the good, the bad and the ugly:)
There's a cut of Super Lemon that goes around that is as good as anything out there, but it more than likely is not representative of the seed stock. I haven't grown the beans so I cannot say from personal experience, but the cut is absolute fire. Obviously most that have tried the glue feel the same, she is great. Consensus shows this in more markets than one.
I think seasoned growers like some of us, that are growing the best herb in the world will always have our personal faves and we will look down on other elite varieties that do not suit our preferences. Sometimes I am ashamed to say that Blue Dream is one of my all time favorites, because around here it's played out, and there are tons of varieties that are considered to be of a higher quality. When I tell folks I'm all about the Dream they think I'm an amateur. I've grown hundreds of varieties and smoked several hundred/thousands of strains over the years, and the subtle qualities of the BD are still enchanting to me. It's my job to satisfy patient demand so I have to set my preferences aside or I'll be in trouble. I've found that in my circle, people that like to eat sweets and fruit also prefer their cannabis this way, likewise for folks that prefer chocolate or coffee type flavors. My very limited knowledge, and recent reading on terpines, has me thinking at this point that our brains may not be able to tell where the terps originate, but we crave them just the same. I love the sharp flavors and scents but after half a J I'm done with it for the day and reach for something more smooth. I should mention I'm a chocolate lover, through and through:)
I am the same way, fruity stains don't last , even my newbie patients love it for 1 round then its do you have something else. not on patient has ever said that about gg4 or hb x gg4 . even the og mango gets refused. I love the way og mango smells but after puffing her I get bored with the flavor, seems some people love the fruity stuff but not around here

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's the only fruity strain I have run that I like. I don't really like fruity stuff either but for me the OGM doesn't taste fruity. its very unique to me I cant really say what it is but not any kind of fruit I have had lol. But this is not for me I grow whats requested the most of. Luckily no one has refused the OGM and ask for more of her so def different markets. I try to have a bit of everything so I can try to satisfy more of my patients request. Im super small scale compared to many. Im one of those mom and pop boutique type.. I'm running blockhead now witch is suppose to be one of the best grape strains. We shall see what I get. The next run was just spoken for that's not even close to done. There some Bodhi Tranquil E V2, MY sour dub x Querkle, 1 Mosca chem 4 x OTM, Jaws Alien DOJO.. I keep forgetting sorry wrong thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.