What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
gg4 bagseed?

Under lots of stress the glue will shoot bananas out on the buds just under the canopy. They in turn produce seeds here and there in the buds. That's from my own experience anyway. At a different spot I ran I had quite a few s1's because of spider mites and root aphids having their way with the plants.

Op's bagseed could be from another strain polinating it....that I'm sure he knows the details of.

Jbomber79

Veteran
Your spot on with that comment bro, it doesn't take much stress and you will find a few beans.. I actually have a few (s2's) that I'm going to pop soon... I have found that chem lines and S1's go hand in hand. It seems they are more into self propagating rather than having a male in there life...

jw23ck11

Veteran
Very true. Gg4 throws nanners with some stress, but not many to even worry about. I found a couple and realized the ac was blowing right on that part. Found a couple seeds in the grinder and this is all that survived. Most likely gg4xgg4, or gg4xtrinity kush.

marrdogg

Veteran
Morning fellas, good I can remember my name this am. Had a blast got stoned/drunk did a couple things that shouldn't be mentioned on ic but I'm alive. And JW I didn't loose anything I didn't want to loose.

Like those pics of the sour dub I miss that bitch she just didn't want to cooperate sometimes. But her smell and taste are second to none! Hats off Frostbyte!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what kind of issues did she give you guys? I sure would like to see what was used to replace her with..

I have bud shots. there both similar. The dubb has a flat top where as the glue has a spike hair doo. The dub has these round tip leaves the glue doesn't. There not getting the same feed...

gg#4
picture.php

DUB
picture.php

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I hope your B-day was a good day MDogg with many more to come..

I can def see why the Sour Double was kept close.. I don't know if the dispensary's have her. I can only hope they don't. I don't see it advertised anywhere that's good. I'm not surprised the glue is doing so well having the dubb in her..

yeah sour dub was heavily spread by progressive options back in like 09-2011 when they somehow lost the cut(that was during the insane pest outbreak in so cal, mites, root ahpids, thrips, whiteflys...you name it po's cuts had it...but they also had legit genetics that were worth the effort in cleaning up at the time). they called it power because not only were they not supposed to have it, and they weren't supposed to pass it. like josey said, the dudd issues got a lot of people to can her, the yeild issues got most of the remaining people(like me) to drop it...I LOVE the flavor of the dub too, but not enough to run it in place of an sfv that would yield about double.

last dubb I smoked was either sir's or ogorganics...they both kill it.

yours looks great PF.

what was the name of the dude in san diegos finest that had the rasta colored dubb pics? cali something he had his screename written with hash for his avatar...shit... that guy had the BEST pics of dubb I ever saw...gonna need greyskull or growtech or subrob to chime in on that one.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My cut came from Florida..Yield never replaces quality for me. I have not tried SFV if its better then dubb I would understand if not?? , have never had a dud I hope it stays that way

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
yeah sour dub was heavily spread by progressive options back in like 09-2011 when they somehow lost the cut(that was during the insane pest outbreak in so cal, mites, root ahpids, thrips, whiteflys...you name it po's cuts had it...but they also had legit genetics that were worth the effort in cleaning up at the time). they called it power because not only were they not supposed to have it, and they weren't supposed to pass it. like josey said, the dudd issues got a lot of people to can her, the yeild issues got most of the remaining people(like me) to drop it...I LOVE the flavor of the dub too, but not enough to run it in place of an sfv that would yield about double.

last dubb I smoked was either sir's or ogorganics...they both kill it.

yours looks great PF.

what was the name of the dude in san diegos finest that had the rasta colored dubb pics? cali something he had his screename written with hash for his avatar...shit... that guy had the BEST pics of dubb I ever saw...gonna need greyskull or growtech or subrob to chime in on that one.
Pretty sure you're talking about Caligreen. A good guy, good grower & master photographer

marrdogg

Veteran
These were the first plant I ever have dud on me. Was about a 50/50 ratio on duds. But I would grow that bitch again in a heartbeat she's that special. The only reason I and Josey I believe stopped running her is because during same time stumbled upon GG4 and the rest is icmag history.

Mad Lab

I'm so puzzled by the mention of duds.

I've grown for 15 yrs and never an into one ether.

Can it really be attributed to genetics or are alot of people just misdiagnosing?

Just a questions, not saying everyone receiving dudds is misdiagnosing.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I'm so puzzled by the mention of duds.

I've grown for 15 yrs and never an into one ether.

Can it really be attributed to genetics or are alot of people just misdiagnosing?

Just a questions, not saying everyone receiving dudds is misdiagnosing.

Last time I ran Sour dub there were 8 on the table. 4 did what they are supposed to and 4 grew the airiest, scrawniest, no resin producing buds you ever saw. No rhyme or reason to it. Looked identical in veg and the dud issues didn't show up till around week 4-5 in bloom.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I will have to see when I get a cut of her. Not sure if there is a particular cut of her?? or is all SFV the same.

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what was the name of the dude in san diegos finest that had the rasta colored dubb pics?

Greyskull got some of those too don't forget now hahaha
back in the olden days...
@57 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

and an old skirt shot wtf hahaha
picture.php

I hope it can do well here. Not everything that comes here and is expected to do well, does. I've had the Dubb here previously via different sources, and always ended up in duddasterphy hahaha (dudd catastrophe). The version I have now looks to be like the way it used to be for me in socal...

damn hammer thats a long time to let the dubble go!
have you tried it earlier? I had found the later it went the less smell and flavor were retained but a bit more couch lock was gained.
don't let me tell you how to grow though, you got it going on.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No I have only 2 runs(this is the 2nd) under my belt with her. I'm playing around with feed recipes right now. 1st run I made some seed Sdub x Querkle So I will at least have the genetics If I lose the clone. Reversing a dub now to makw s1 to replace the cross for my vault.. I have not noticed her losing any aroma she is very strong in that depart. Once I get the feed right I will do some at different flowering times.

Mad Lab

Last time I ran Sour dub there were 8 on the table. 4 did what they are supposed to and 4 grew the airiest, scrawniest, no resin producing buds you ever saw. No rhyme or reason to it. Looked identical in veg and the dud issues didn't show up till around week 4-5 in bloom.

Thanks for your response. Very interesting.

Does anyone have any science behind this dudd theory yet?

Mad Lab

Greyskull got some of those too don't forget now hahaha
back in the olden days...
@57 days

View Image

View Image

View Image

and an old skirt shot wtf hahaha
View Image

I hope it can do well here. Not everything that comes here and is expected to do well, does. I've had the Dubb here previously via different sources, and always ended up in duddasterphy hahaha (dudd catastrophe). The version I have now looks to be like the way it used to be for me in socal...

damn hammer thats a long time to let the dubble go!
have you tried it earlier? I had found the later it went the less smell and flavor were retained but a bit more couch lock was gained.
don't let me tell you how to grow though, you got it going on.

Because of your situation, regarding acquiring some genetics, are you versed in plant tissue culture by chance?

Got a buddy on the islands trying to revive some gg4 that was sent via tissue culture.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Sfv and dubb are both bomb and have lemon fuelness to them ... but very different... hammerhead def give sfv a shot its my personal fav og... theres lots of fakes around but the real deal is so lemon fuel pinesol kushy it makes most ogs look bad .... the circle ur in im sure u should have no. problem gettin the original. .. back to dubb iStopped growin it cuz just couldn't get my yields up... yield aint everything to me but i had the lowest yields i ever got from dubb trays but the best smoke.... i let my homie grow it n just get some of his.... i will say Dominican green is beastin 2lb indoor trees in 60gal soil atm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts