What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
sunset(avant gardener)

Who calls themselves avant? too immodest and boastful. Neg repping his posts, it's a start

10346412.gif

Holdin'

Moon-grass farmer
Veteran
That's so fucked up.

I couldn't giver a bigger thanks to JW for letting the glue make it's rounds... I don't know him personally but the fact that he's been so unselfish with this cut, and his attitude toward it all in general speaks volumes about his character.

Seeing good people get hemmed up is the worst... and when it happens at the hands of a snitch, it doesn't get more fucking disgusting than that.

If anybody can get some kind of anonymous fund set up to help with expenses, please share details.

Good luck my brother.

Josey needs a lawyer by the name of Zenia Gilg .... she is the very best with these types of things. Most docs will stand behind their recs even though they are tech expired.

Hey folks...

Care to put a fund together to help Josey's legal fees? If his lawyer's name can be posted, lets just send money to the lawyer direct? Can we do that? I want to help. I feel so bad and dont know what I can do to help. This so fuckin sucks. :cuss:

A lawyer by the name of Robert Raich would be worth considering. I don't think anyone has more experience in cannabis law than he does. He's taken the only two cases that went to the Supreme Court. Down to earth guy, he helped draft sb420 and he isn't any more expensive than any other lawyer. I spent a couple hours asking him questions last year as kind of a preventative measure.

@ redlazer.. thanks for the info..

@marrdogg hey bud.. can we do a fund for Josey? You know the in's and outs of this sort of stuff.. I'm in.

@ fatsack79 You rock! Awesome post. I'm with ya! right on!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Putting a funds together is not easy to do. We have to stay within the sites TOU. We can not be giving out our personal info.. This is why DF attempted to do a seed auction for Phillity. Its the only way to do something like this get everyone's support but also stay safe and within the TOU.

Putting a funds together is not easy to do. We have to stay within the sites TOU. We can not be giving out our personal info.. This is why DF attempted to do a seed auction for Phillity. Its the only way to do something like this get everyone's support but also stay safe and within the TOU.

Hat's off to you, PF. I remembered that, hence asking if we cound send funds directly to a lawyer. Lawyer's wont tell who pays them. I dont think they can, can they? I want to stay with in the TOU. I thought this was a way to do so. Thanks so much for letting me know it wont work. I appreciate it. :) :) :)

TheArchitect

Veteran
Prayers brother, I've been down this path, and know how it can end...

Whatever happens, just remember you obviously have huge support out here

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
i dont have the cut or do i need it , but i will be at the expo im coming up from ohio and i will do my fair share to help the man out..i have read this thread since i joined here last year and i have gotten great tips and info to apply to my own growing..i know the feeling of being snitched out did a dime bit on it..i simply hate snitches!!

onavelzy

Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

there's ways of setting up crowdfunding but it can't be done through ICMag, as PF points out.

I read a Forbes review of the top 10 sites for crowd funding (google it). Kickstarter does not allow charity fundraising, so it's out. Of the ones on the list, most that do allow charity fund raising have pretty steep fees, between 4 and 9% of the donated funds, not counting the credit card fees that are applied when the donation is made. many don't allow dispersal of the funds to the recipient unless a pre-designated fund raising goal is met.

the one that seemed to best fit is Crowdrise (google it). it is focused on charity fund raising. it also allows individuals to raise money for themselves or for friends. the money is available in real time, as soon as it's donated, not just at the end of a fund raising campaign. it was started by Ed Norton, the actor (yes, Fight Club Ed Norton). they charge a 5% fee at time of payout for individual funding but they allow contributors to pay a processing fee at time of donation that allows 99% of the donation to go to the recipient. no one else that i saw had anything like that.

the only potential negative, which every crowdfunding site would have, is what's called a Son of Sam clause, which prohibits creating a fund that would allow profiting from a crime. in this case, that shouldn't apply as a crime has not been proven. i looked thru the TOU and i didn't see anything saying fundraising for legal defense fees is prohibited.

anyway, if someone with web skills and family contacts wants to set something like this up, i'd consider looking there first. if it gets set up, care needs to be taken not to use ICMag to solicit contributions as that will lead to a ban. Crowdrise has widgits to use on social media sites like FB and twitter but not to be used here. not sure if events like cannabis cups would limit what people to with their tents but if someone had a computer hooked up, people could donate on the spot. or maybe a sign with one of those scan-able QR codes

Last edited:

Wendull C.

Veteran
A lot of people myself included would help. Just keep us up on when and where if it isn't against tou for the site.

Last edited:

BM-504

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That fucking sucks getting snitched on. Hopefully they do not have much on you and are just shaking the trees.

Stay safe
BM

kashkr0p

I hope JW is ok. He seems like a real dude.only spoke a few times but he was always down to help.
I hateeee rats man. Keep your head up.

kashkr0p

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

there's ways of setting up crowdfunding but it can't be done through ICMag, as PF points out.

I read a Forbes review of the top 10 sites for crowd funding (google it). Kickstarter does not allow charity fundraising, so it's out. Of the ones on the list, most that do allow charity fund raising have pretty steep fees, between 4 and 9% of the donated funds, not counting the credit card fees that are applied when the donation is made. many don't allow dispersal of the funds to the recipient unless a pre-designated fund raising goal is met.

the one that seemed to best fit is Crowdrise (google it). it is focused on charity fund raising. it also allows individuals to raise money for themselves or for friends. the money is available in real time, as soon as it's donated, not just at the end of a fund raising campaign. it was started by Ed Norton, the actor (yes, Fight Club Ed Norton). they charge a 5% fee at time of payout for individual funding but they allow contributors to pay a processing fee at time of donation that allows 99% of the donation to go to the recipient. no one else that i saw had anything like that.

the only potential negative, which every crowdfunding site would have, is what's called a Son of Sam clause, which prohibits creating a fund that would allow profiting from a crime. in this case, that shouldn't apply as a crime has not been proven. i looked thru the TOU and i didn't see anything saying fundraising for legal defense fees is prohibited.

anyway, if someone with web skills and family contacts wants to set something like this up, i'd consider looking there first. if it gets set up, care needs to be taken not to use ICMag to solicit contributions as that will lead to a ban. Crowdrise has widgits to use on social media sites like FB and twitter but not to be used here. not sure if events like cannabis cups would limit what people to with their tents but if someone had a computer hooked up, people could donate on the spot. or maybe a sign with one of those scan-able QR codes

Maybe make a website explaining it all and have jw family make a paypal account to collect money? Then we can all throw the site into our sigs?

onavelzy

Veteran
Maybe make a website explaining it all and have jw family make a paypal account to collect money? Then we can all throw the site into our sigs?
EDIT: never mind, i misunderstood what you meant about setting up a website. i thought you were meaning setting up the crowdfunding page.

a donation web page would be the perfect place to use bitcoin but it doesn't seem like many have adopted it. you could put up a webpage with a bitcoin QR and whoever wanted to donate would just scan the QR and send $10, $5, $1, $whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.