What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDank23

Veteran
glued wall to wall

glued wall to wall

Hey DF, I think he's hinting at the fact that we probably wouldn't be worrying about all this info flying around if we were in fully amended organic soil.... Or maybe I'm way off :moon:

Anyways, even the GG#4 S1s don't like getting the feed pushed over 1.3... Dancin around 1.0 EC at the moment in here..

DAY 18

picture.php

picture.php

:dance013:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I cant mix up soils anymore to painful for me to do that anymore.. I do what I can to keep it all Organic as best I can.I like using my Meters helps me keep things consistent my memory isn't what it use to be. My white board is extremely helpful to me. When I need to change something I can see the #'s. It very helpful for me. Those that like to do amended organic soil great. I never said anything about it? I'm a bit confused no sure where that came from..

TheDank23

Veteran
Sorry to hear its too painful.

Not sure if that was directed at me. Just pokin some fun PF, Keep doin your thing. You rock!

:respect:

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Buddy, Not directed at anyone. Just sayin I cant do that kind of grow anymore being disabled. Its all good..

I'm really liking this Sour Dub s1 I found.I can def see where gg#4 got her quality's from for sure.. The verigation I had I was able to fix on the 2 in flower now. I can tell it will come back if I was to stop misting. I just need to figure out what her sweet spot is.. I did find 1 seed in the 1st Sour Dub.. I cant wait to see what she does for me.

picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, I'm not tossing an insult out or making a playful jab - quite the opposite, PF.

I just read such conversations and realize I'd be completely incompetent with other growing systems - and when reflecting on the amount of time / patience / knowledge / dedication - that goes into finding a soil formula that you like - the exact same is true of other people that are growing with different methods...trying to "dial in" their flowers to results that are satisfactory on a personal level.

But more so - just how different the knowledge base is for the different methods - at times I feel woefully inadequate as a grower simply because my knowledge base is very limited to my own methods. The inability to answer questions about anything other than my particular realm / specialty...can be frustrating.

I mean...if someone asked me what EC or PPM for a particular strain or family line - I'd have absolutely zero answer to that question...other than heavy or light feeder...based on how I see things perform in a given soil volume.

It's just like trying to diagnose plant problems in the infirmary - the idea that the issue might be pH causing lockout - is so foreign a thought to me, I'd make 5 suggestions before ever realizing I could be evaluating the problem from a completely incorrect perspective...

More so than anything, I was just having a moment of awe at how much it takes to do things differently than how "I know" to get to the finish line...

dank.Frank

Ganjaganjakush

Hey again this is day 16 of flower on my second run with the glue, this is coco dtw all hand fed dyna gro foilage pro.8-1.1ec max. Trying a diff nute regiment and I think I got the glue pretty happy, this is ny fourth grow and Finnaly starting to feel like I'm getting the hang of things!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 22

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would not have a different answer than you buddy. I can only give suggestions based on what my garden does. In no way is that value going to work in all gardens. I get what your saying. Its just like me trying to give someone info on what amendments to add to there soil. My answer would be talk to DF ;)

Ganja iI see 3 of the same pic ?? Looks great though

Grizz

Veteran
No, I'm not tossing an insult out or making a playful jab - quite the opposite, PF.

I just read such conversations and realize I'd be completely incompetent with other growing systems - and when reflecting on the amount of time / patience / knowledge / dedication - that goes into finding a soil formula that you like - the exact same is true of other people that are growing with different methods...trying to "dial in" their flowers to results that are satisfactory on a personal level.

But more so - just how different the knowledge base is for the different methods - at times I feel woefully inadequate as a grower simply because my knowledge base is very limited to my own methods. The inability to answer questions about anything other than my particular realm / specialty...can be frustrating.

I mean...if someone asked me what EC or PPM for a particular strain or family line - I'd have absolutely zero answer to that question...other than heavy or light feeder...based on how I see things perform in a given soil volume.

It's just like trying to diagnose plant problems in the infirmary - the idea that the issue might be pH causing lockout - is so foreign a thought to me, I'd make 5 suggestions before ever realizing I could be evaluating the problem from a completely incorrect perspective...

More so than anything, I was just having a moment of awe at how much it takes to do things differently than how "I know" to get to the finish line...

dank.Frank
your just a old dirt head, I am sure we could teach you how to grow properly :biggrin:

Ganjaganjakush

I would not have a different answer than you buddy. I can only give suggestions based on what my garden does. In no way is that value going to work in all gardens. I get what your saying. Its just like me trying to give someone info on what amendments to add to there soil. My answer would be talk to DF ;)

Ganja iI see 3 of the same pic ?? Looks great though

Strange it's showing the three different ones for me I'm not sure :/ posting from a phone maybe that has something to do with it

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
@dank.frank I totally agree. pH problems are something we do not encounter in organic amended soil. While I understand there are factors on why some can't or won't grow organic, for me it is the only way. "Just add water" takes all the guess work out of it. I used to use bottled nutes, a truncheon, pH up/down, etc. while I have seen plenty of growers out there killing it in coco using bottled salts, I usually drool over the organic nugs. While subcool gets a bad rep around here, I do owe it to him for getting me into organic and taking a lot of the mystery out of it. I still look forward to giving you NATURAL SELECTION a spin someday

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I run my EC at 1.3 and that was a touch to high. Was my first run with her indoors with no CO2. Was with 2K lights about 15-18 inches from light.

Don't know if that would be OK with CO2 or outside in sun light but was about 0.1-0.2 EC to much in my grow.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Does anyone run EC levels higher then 1.5?. Does anyone run there's at 2ec of higher?

sureshot66 runs a pretty hot mix. dont know if you recall but hes the one that breached 3 #s (not including b's) of trimmed top shelf gg4 per 1k d.e. that wasnt a bs number either. it didnt include anything but weighed trimmed A+ pounds. he runs up towards the upper 1.0s if i remember right. but then again he speaks in ppms and i forget now but i remember that it was high. definately over 1.5 at peak feed.
he also wasnt feeding everyday in coco beds, he said the beds is what maded the difference. he ran em in pots and got an expected yield up towards 2 per, but in the beds it was like an extra pound per light.
so i wouldnt say he suffered lower yields.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes for sure D.F the organic stuff spins my brain but i really like reading about it and when im finally under that big hps in the sky ill be all dirt under the nails

Good to know about her feeding
My ec stays at 1.0 to 1.4 with the higher end early i
d have to check my notes to see where these were at exactly.

Def happy with the yield just have to rework my ducting placement to bring airflow and temps inline for more frost.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In veg I use 450ppm/700 scale of my base nutrients with Root Bloom/sea green/Rootamentary-All from Primordial Solutions. In flower I use 1.3ec the 1st week of flower than I lower it to 1ec for the rest of her life until harvest. I add 55% Humic Acid/ Kelp logic/ Sea green/ Compost tea at week 4 and wee 6. All get mixed into my base Nutrients pure blend pro. I cant say for sure to use XXX#'s. Coco will def out yield soil from what I have seen. those #'s will not be the same as soil. Never used it or I should say I always have issues using it so I stay with what I know.. I can only recommend from my room but many others also indicates lower EC levels works best and not just for gg#4.. Everyone needs to find what that # is for there garden. Everything I use is Organic I just don't feel comfy using anything without knowing the #'s its not like its hard or takes extra time to use. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts