What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashkr0p

IMG_20150109_101710_1.jpg

Im sure ill jump here in the future to ask anyone if they see a gg4 leaner

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PF, was your comment above in response to Poldema or to my post about the S1's from Standard Seeds?

if the comments were about Joesy's seeds that led to GG4 and its sibs, those would be F1's. there shouldn't be any seeds from an S1 cross that could grow a male plant, since it would be a self cross of the female GG4 to itself.

that said, there's few things in life i find more confusing than sex determination and heritance and intersex in Cannabis. I'm really curious how many plants that are supposedly male really have a Y chromosome. not that it matters. if it fertilizes everybody else in the grow room, it doesn't matter if its chucking XY's or XX's

Yes I agree with you gg#4 where f1 not s1... the seeds I made where s1.. I must have missed your other post regarding sunset limited? was it Sunset limited crash kills 49 people. I keep getting off topic sorry...My 2 gg#4 in flower now should be very nice when done :).. The Sour Dub x Querkle seeds are done I just need to get them out now...

onavelzy

Veteran
""I must have missed your other post regarding sunset limited? was it Sunset limited crash kills 49 people.""

true LOL.

Ganjaganjakush

I've been growing less then a year and this is my second run with the glue. I'm in coco and feed .8-1ec with a 3-1-2 and some sea kelp/fulvic acid. Still a lot to learn lol.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Mikenite69

Veteran

PF, was your comment above in response to Poldema or to my post about the S1's from Standard Seeds?

if the comments were about Joesy's seeds that led to GG4 and its sibs, those would be F1's. there shouldn't be any seeds from an S1 cross that could grow a male plant, since it would be a self cross of the female GG4 to itself.

that said, there's few things in life i find more confusing than sex determination and heritance and intersex in Cannabis. I'm really curious how many plants that are supposedly male really have a Y chromosome. not that it matters. if it fertilizes everybody else in the grow room, it doesn't matter if its chukking XY's or XX's

This is wrong as well I have had fem seeds throw males that were true males. It also happens in the peyote purple line which is a fem'd line there is a occasional male that pops out. That's why cannabiogen markets them as regular seeds because in a large pool of seeds to many males popped out.

I grew a fem seed about 2 yrs ago blueberry headband and it was a straight male I also cloned this male and grew it out again still a male So males can come from fem seeds.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt for now. I am a stoner and my memory isn't much longer then my dick so just for s&g'z shoot me a pm when you can would ya?

A

acridlab

In week 5,, looking good,, stinking good.. just the way I likem :)
Looking like I'll get at least 5 zips out of a five gal. smartie.,,first run.. I'm definitely liking that.. PEACE
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is wrong as well I have had fem seeds throw males that were true males. It also happens in the peyote purple line which is a fem'd line there is a occasional male that pops out. That's why cannabiogen markets them as regular seeds because in a large pool of seeds to many males popped out.

I grew a fem seed about 2 yrs ago blueberry headband and it was a straight male I also cloned this male and grew it out again still a male So males can come from fem seeds.

That's true but not common.. i found a male in PP but never used him. The female to male ratio is very high. Most wont find a male.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that "flo-scout" male floating around (seafour's "Ashratu" is g4 x flo.scout) is an errant male from femmed seeds...

bigshrimp

Veteran
The males you find in PP are actually hermi females.

If i remember correctly they are XX, just so far on the hermaphrodite spectrum that the look male xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.