What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest in October! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just saw DD recently at the Emerald Cup ... handed him a nice handful of GG#4 for him and the Mrs to puff :)

Bmac1

Veteran
Jesus, 3 pages in the time to write a response that is now redundant, lol. What day is it again?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thread topic is GG#4 lets work at staying on it :) Sorry I didnt mean to side track this

only one in exitence
iff dd is wlcome i'll let him know IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_7967.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

IMG_7969.jpg

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just spoke to DD a few days ago.. The know it all's don't post in the same threads as I do very often. Why would they they know it all lol..

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
^ theres always a chance. its all about who you know, but relationships take time to develop, especially online. Might want to hang around for a while, show some grows, share some info, in a few years a good chance you will establish relationships and connections. Other option would be to keep eyes pilled for s1's on seed bay. Trying to find anything when you only have one post is usually a no no. for all anybody knows you could be a do wronger, a shiester, or a leo.

P

poldema

got some gg#4 here in berkely where i am in vacation now and dont wanna miss her in europe chem at ist finest

onavelzy

Veteran
gg4 s1 experiences

gg4 s1 experiences

Hey guys looking for a little input. Got some GG S1's from prophet, been super pumped to run em then started hearing about frequent herm issues and am a little spooked now since I don't have a test space. Any one else run his gear yet or had any issues with em or have input on how prevalent herms are with GG beans? Purple Frostbyte, followed pro headies tester thread and seemed like u had some herm issues with some of the S1's. What week were u able to identify them? Seen on prophets Instagram a follower said 2 of his 6 Hermed and those 2 were noticeably taller in veg, u notice any early traits yours had in common? My room is dialed well so won't have any stress issues with light leaks or temps. Any other input would be appreciated.
Thanx.

Hey Redeye,

I got a pack of S1's last year from Standard Seeds. Shortly afterwards i had my growers permit revoked by the better half so i donated the seeds to three growers i had come to know on another board. One of them, a guy in the UK, published a grow journal of his S1. One published a journal of his attempt to rescue and grow my two gg4 clones that i also had to gift. the other guy decided to pull out of the online board participation because he was opening a Hydro store and wanted to avoid any potential messiness (?), so i never heard if he grew them or how they did.

the first two had some issues but neither mentioned herm's at all. both were used to a little different style of plant and both were growing other strains along with the with the GG4''s. I think the issues they had revolved around getting out of their comfort and experience zones. the gg4 s1 journal is really long, he specialized in mainling style of growing and had a lot of followers and comments (multiple plant of the month winners and plant of the year winner too), so you have to be patient in going through his thread to find the useful entries and pictures. both the S1 guy and the one who grew the donated clones indicated it wasn't for them going forward. but no herms.

if you want more details, pm me and i;'ll try to figure out how to pass you on to their grow journals without violating any TOU's.

P

poldema

heard someone from icmag named joey gave birth to her (chemsis hermie on sour dub and choc diesel )
chemsis was the result of bagseeds pretty strange that the potent chem Family was result of hermie so what are the s1s of the gorilla glue then to be called if the mother was result of hermie is it still an s1

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The seeds that where produced where not s1 seeds. Im pretty sure JW found a male in those seeds. so yes they would be s1 seeds. If not they would be s2 seeds if 2 s1 are bred together.. I found 2 seeds in the 1st plant of sour Dub 1 popped it should be a s1. I have high hopes for that plant. She is looking promising so far. I'm sure if im wrong those that know more about this will correct me.

To clarify.. The original seeds that gg#4 came from where not s1 seeds they where f1 seeds. A hermie pollination doesn't make the seeds s1 unless the plant selfed witch it did not do.... My gg#4 seeds are s1 seeds. If I took my s1 seeds and bread them with another s1 that would make the progeny s2 seeds but hell im old and hight so wtf do I know lol...

onavelzy

Veteran
The seeds that where produced where not s1 seeds. Im pretty sure JW found a male in those seeds. so yes they would be s1 seeds. If not they would be s2 seeds if 2 s1 are bred together.. I found 2 seeds in the 1st plant of sour Dub 1 popped it should be a s1. I have high hopes for that plant. She is looking promising so far. I'm sure if im wrong those that know more about this will correct me.

PF, was your comment above in response to Poldema or to my post about the S1's from Standard Seeds?

if the comments were about Joesy's seeds that led to GG4 and its sibs, those would be F1's. there shouldn't be any seeds from an S1 cross that could grow a male plant, since it would be a self cross of the female GG4 to itself.

that said, there's few things in life i find more confusing than sex determination and heritance and intersex in Cannabis. I'm really curious how many plants that are supposedly male really have a Y chromosome. not that it matters. if it fertilizes everybody else in the grow room, it doesn't matter if its chukking XY's or XX's

Status
Not open for further replies.