What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Goriilaunit 2K23 51N

dirty-joe

A lot of work, not hard to tell you're still young. I used to climb steep ravines with two bags of dirt at a time, but no more.
I like those early plants that will finish in August (rare), because even though I'm only at 45N, it gets wet here (east coast N.A.) in September.

I have never seen that 'nipply' stuff you make your swamp tubes out of, what is that ?

Hillbilly69

A lot of work, not hard to tell you're still young. I used to climb steep ravines with two bags of dirt at a time, but no more.
I like those early plants that will finish in August (rare), because even though I'm only at 45N, it gets wet here (east coast N.A.) in September.

I have never seen that 'nipply' stuff you make your swamp tubes out of, what is that ?
Boys, do I ever relate dirty-joe, I'm in the exact same shoes! Used to carry those 75lbs compressed bails of peat moss on my back for miles to get to my swamp tubes. Back can't handle it anymore. So happy we can grow in our yard now.
I look for early finishers too, mid-September or earlier. I've got some Iranian Autoflower going now and they are in full flower. Also have some RGS mighty freeze where one auto"ed and the other seems to be thinking about starting to flower too. Just a few real early ones you might consider...
I'm also lucky that I can get my hands on some Auto Affie on occasion which finish when ever you want them too. But can't depend on those, not always easy to find around here...

goriillaunit

This is bucket film for securing the walls of the foundation. cut to a height of 40cm. Each plant has about 40l of land.
pol_pl_Folia-fundamentowa-kubelkowa-Parotec-FK400-0-5-m-x-20-mb-629_1.jpg

goriillaunit

Boys, do I ever relate dirty-joe, I'm in the exact same shoes! Used to carry those 75lbs compressed bails of peat moss on my back for miles to get to my swamp tubes. Back can't handle it anymore. So happy we can grow in our yard now.
I look for early finishers too, mid-September or earlier. I've got some Iranian Autoflower going now and they are in full flower. Also have some RGS mighty freeze where one auto"ed and the other seems to be thinking about starting to flower too. Just a few real early ones you might consider...
I'm also lucky that I can get my hands on some Auto Affie on occasion which finish when ever you want them too. But can't depend on those, not always easy to find around here...
Maverick is also early, and should be ready in mid-September.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright! I knew your garden must be getting big by now! Looking great! Do you think topping builds stronger sturdier plants or are they sturdier without topping? There is more sun there than at my plot, so they are really responding well to the topping! Topped plants can potentially split or get stem disease where it is topped, but tall lanky plants can fall over so its good to try to keep them shorter.

Do you water when you go out there? How often? The containers would dry out too fast for me I think. Are you getting rain, is the ground pretty wet at the swamp for the plants to draw moisture?

dirty-joe

Do you water when you go out there? How often? The containers would dry out too fast for me I think. Are you getting rain, is the ground pretty wet at the swamp for the plants to draw moisture?
If you read the thread, you'd know he does NOT water, except for transplanting.
Also they are NOT containers. Please keep up.

Topping does NOT build sturdier plants, just the opposite, but the OP has (or must have) his reasons.

goriillaunit

Alright! I knew your garden must be getting big by now! Looking great! Do you think topping builds stronger sturdier plants or are they sturdier without topping? There is more sun there than at my plot, so they are really responding well to the topping! Topped plants can potentially split or get stem disease where it is topped, but tall lanky plants can fall over so its good to try to keep them shorter.

Earlier plants that I inserted in this thread grew without watering, the containers are bottomless, so maybe the roots are already drawing water from the native soil? Recently I watered 2l of water for each plant, but to get the fertilizer I spread to start dissolving. I did some spraying, in 2 weeks I will do a spray of urea and magnesium sulfate. Today I may gently water the regular plants. Since I do not see any rainfall in the near future.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Joe, I've been keeping up. I like Gorilla unit's garden, great thread!

Yeah I realize they're bottomless and you make them from that bumpy material. Looks like it works great. I was thinking they would be drying out though even though bottomless because lots of roots will still be there at the top.

Some people have success growing in mounds in the swamp. That way its up and gets some air, but is less likely to need watering.

Hillbilly69

Thanks Joe, I've been keeping up. I like Gorilla unit's garden, great thread!

Yeah I realize they're bottomless and you make them from that bumpy material. Looks like it works great. I was thinking they would be drying out though even though bottomless because lots of roots will still be there at the top.

Some people have success growing in mounds in the swamp. That way its up and gets some air, but is less likely to need watering.
Hey pipeline,
Check out my outdoor thread, I show a bunch of plants that I grew in swamp tubes also. Only 2-3 waterings per season. The concept is that you put them were water is at the surface, and you use a soil that can wick the water up into the swamp tube. Put some sort of mulch (I usually used leafs/moss that I found on the ground around the spot) on the top of the soil and it never dried out. Was always nice and moist. Perfect for organics. You have to pick the right spot for it to work well. Looks like goriillaunit picked a great spot!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Watering is not easy, I used to grow in a swamp and never watered. It was a drought for a couple years and they always did well there!

Swamps can dry up in a drought, but at least your plants probably won't die being in a lowland area. :smoke:

Could use the water polymer crystals for extended moisture release, but I don't like using those since they are plastic based. I don't know if those are organic OMRI cerified material or not. :smoke:

smirnoff420

I'm using that polymer gel outdoors, it's great. No more issues with drought. It's only a few hundred grams per plant. Large communal landscaping projects use thousands of kilograms so I don't really care.

goriillaunit

Hello, today I looked at spots with regular varieties, on one spot I got mixed up names, I only know where exactly two strains grow, also male individuals are picked up on a regular basis.
For the rest of the mini-spots, I leave male plants for now. Guerilla Gold x Herijuana has good vigour, 2 plants have already been identified, one male also so maybe in two or three weeks I will go after this male to get some pollen. UEL F6 is also defined well and the fastest will probably be the strain I made this year that is Friesland Bx x Freezeland. There's one spot left to visit, maybe I'll be able to see it today, if not next week. Today I sprayed with urea and sprinkled all plants with dolomite. there are also 4 feminized plants, finally moved up, yesterday it rained heavily so now they should move nicely
DSC03181.JPG
DSC03182.JPG
DSC03183.JPG
DSC03184.JPG
DSC03185.JPG
DSC03186.JPG
DSC03187.JPG
DSC03188.JPG
DSC03189.JPG
DSC03190.JPG

Latest posts

Latest posts