What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Goriilaunit 2K23 51N

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Karate Zeon is a chemical insecticide. What type of pests have you had issues with. I have some leaf chewers, but its not been bad enough to have to spray. Could use try using organic insect control such as neem oil.

Chemical insecticides can be absorbed by the plant and remain there in plant tissue according to some experiments. Karate Zeon is approved for use in food crops of course.

goriillaunit

Excellent start, those are taking off! Love seeing those stems swell and you're getting branching already! You have really good light in those spots. I saw the pics from the past, everything looks like its on track for heavy harvest! Good work!

What are you spraying? I haven't had issues with digging yet with the pepper based granular repellent.

Thanks for sharing brother! :smoke:
The spider mite is at my place every year, this spray with karate zeon I will do only 3 times at the beginning of the vegetation. Later, when the plants are large, I no longer do it.
For this I no longer spray anything against mold, also the harvested material is chemical-free.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good, thats probably acceptable, and would result in no or minimal exposure. Spraying big plants has more risk of systemic uptake of the pesticide I would think.

My seedlings have a few chews in just some of the leaves, its a critical stage in the plant's life, so not a bad idea to put on a plant protection product to prevent insect damage.

Once they get to a certain growth rate, the plants easily outgrow any new damage unless its high pressure insect damage.

goriillaunit

Good, thats probably acceptable, and would result in no or minimal exposure. Spraying big plants has more risk of systemic uptake of the pesticide I would think.

My seedlings have a few chews in just some of the leaves, its a critical stage in the plant's life, so not a bad idea to put on a plant protection product to prevent insect damage.

Once they get to a certain growth rate, the plants easily outgrow any new damage unless its high pressure insect damage.
Exactly as you say, the plant as it grows, especially in June, July and August have a large growth also some pests are not terrible for it. I was supposed to go in two weeks to visit the plants, but I will do it in a week because the water dries out from the nearby swamp, and I wanted to water it until the root migrated into the lower layer of soil where it is moist.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah water them early, get them kicked in to gear! Watering once a week is a good regimen. Most plants need to be watered once a week when young and then especially later on during flower if it dries out. Thats why you grow in a swamp.

Always makes me feel good watering seedlings because they really respond to the water and turn into big plants fast! :smoke:

XLNordic

Exactly as you say, the plant as it grows, especially in June, July and August have a large growth also some pests are not terrible for it. I was supposed to go in two weeks to visit the plants, but I will do it in a week because the water dries out from the nearby swamp, and I wanted to water it until the root migrated into the lower layer of soil where it is moist.
Nice grow
Tagging along 👍

A little off topic
What do you guys think of the Royal Dane you previously used in some of your crosses?
🇩🇰🤘

goriillaunit

Yeah water them early, get them kicked in to gear! Watering once a week is a good regimen. Most plants need to be watered once a week when young and then especially later on during flower if it dries out. Thats why you grow in a swamp.

Always makes me feel good watering seedlings because they really respond to the water and turn into big plants fast! :smoke:
Today or tomorrow I have to go to a spot in the blackthorn, there it is probably already very dry, so I have to at least provide 2l of water per plant.

goriillaunit

Today I visited the main spot and 3 small spots with regular plants. Everything is fine so far, next visit in two weeks. Tomorrow I will still visit the spot in the reeds.
DSC02852.JPG
DSC02853.JPG
DSC02854.JPG
DSC02857.JPG
DSC02861.JPG
DSC02866.JPG
DSC02867.JPG
DSC02868.JPG
DSC02873.JPG
DSC02871.JPG

wild cat

great! too bad you don't peel the lower roots, but that's just my fad :) they look beautiful. You won't be doing LST?

Last edited: