What's new

Golden Tiger

TimeP

My first ACE grow! Golden Tiger
Goldeb_TigerD78fs_crop.jpg
fem at day 78 from seed outdoor.

RobFromTX

Have you thought about the Golden Tiger Version 3 (Thaï dominant) ? I haven't grown it but it seems to fit you description better as there is less Malawi influence in the genetic. My guess is that Malawi dominant phenos, either in GT or Zam, will have more of a dense mindblowing high leading to a good crash later.

I was eyeing those the other day. Im just not a fan of fems. they look good though

Last edited:

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
@RobFromTX I only have grown a cross (Golden Tiger x Purple Satellite) but the first plant was very thai, very thin pearly buds.

The high was super pushy energetic and trippy, nothing to sit around. It pushes you to do something, do it fast, swirling around cooking/dancing/singing(at the same time ^^), doing sports etc. And you really are 'away' and later wondering what the fuck you are doing! :ROFLMAO: I like it very much to go out cycling, really pushes me and lights my mood up then.

I think you would like it, have seen that you also like honduras, panama etc. too. :)

I am growing the GT x PS again right now and it seems the 2 girls now are more on the Purple Satellite side, without the purple but with more denser bigger buds and shorter flowering time(the thai pheno was flowering for 14 weeks).

20240729_180157-01.jpeg
20240729_181234-01.jpeg

Last edited:

RobFromTX

@RobFromTX I only have grown a cross (Golden Tiger x Purple Satellite) but the first plant was very thai, very thin pearly buds.

The high was super pushy energetic and trippy, nothing to sit around. It pushes you to do something, do it fast, swirling around cooking/dancing/singing(at the same time ^^), doing sports etc. And you really are 'away' and later wondering what the fuck you are doing! :ROFLMAO: I like it very much to go out cycling, really pushes me and lights my mood up then.

That sounds like a slice of heaven buddy. I can just grow it out and look for the thai leaning phenos

xtsho

Can anyone give me some personal experiences with this strain? Is it more of a relaxing euphoric feeling or mind numbing couch crash sativa? I grew zamaldelica a few years back and honestly didnt enjoy the high very much. It made me feel a bit edgy and the buzz made me feel very unmotivated, much like a high grade indica. Just curious. It sure is a beautiful strain and seems to be the most popular from the ace catalog

It's a fantastic sativa strain. It gives you psychedelic experiences at times. But some can't handle it well and go into states of paranoia. It's half Malawi and that will devastate some.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These plants would have made epic see of green specimens. Too bad with legalization smaller number and bigger plants dictate crop steering

Beautiful elongated tops with minimal leaf

I also noticed some baby golden jaguars popping up

Also really appreciate the advice for longer nights. It's helped all my plants over-all

20240801_095044.jpg
20240801_095049.jpg
20240801_095053.jpg
20240801_095133.jpg
20240801_100436.jpg
20240801_102227.jpg

Attachments

• 20240801_102243.jpg
    20240801_102243.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240801_102243.jpg
    20240801_102243.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13

FeelHaze

I initially thought my GT was really Malawi dominant but now I see some Thaï influence as the plant matures. The branching is thin and the leaves have a more delicate look. Stem rubbing give a nice spicy aroma with some funky orange notes.

I just planted a pure Malawi next to it that will be growing on a 11/13 light cycle straight from germination.

Golden Tiger, day 4 under 11/13
1000009335.jpg

The Malawi I grew last run, day 7 under 12/12
1000004393.jpg

Last edited:

Shua1991

It sounds like a great starting point for a guy looking to explore thai strains. Very stable too
I like the "Haribo" phenotype, almost a perfect 50/50, has the pineapple green apple candy smells of the thai mixed with a sweet mango resinous spice, flowers mature from the bottom up and finishes around 13-14 weeks at 11/13 when young and from clone it can finish flowering sooner around 11-13 weeks. You may have to grow a few to find the pheno I did, it was a stimulating 3 hour effect after 2 months of cure, appetite suppressant with zero anxiety or euphoria overload like some expressions, never had to smoke much to reach satiety.

Resin out the wazoo on that one. Had a bit of Gin alcohol smell to it.
20220428_104146.jpg

Last edited:

FeelHaze

I like the "Haribo" phenotype, almost a perfect 50/50, has the pineapple green apple candy smells of the thai mixed with a sweet mango resinous spice, flowers mature from the bottom up and finishes around 13-14 weeks at 11/13 when young and from clone it can finish flowering sooner around 11-13 weeks. You may have to grow a few to find the pheno I did, it was a stimulating 3 hour effect after 2 months of cure, appetite suppressant with zero anxiety or euphoria overload like some expressions, never had to smoke much to reach satiety.

Do you have some pictures of it ?

RobFromTX

Resin out the wazoo on that one. Had a bit of Gin alcohol smell to it. View attachment 19041807

Wow man thats some beautiful bud

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It has the stacking of the thai but the fatter calyxes of the malawi and the trichomes are globular and fat, always a good sign, very few if any hair-like resin glands, I remembered that trait being in all malawi crosses with enough malawi influence.
That describes the medium pheno I have to a T 😀

xtsho

I have some nice shots of dried bud but they're on a laptop that I replaced the keyboard in and the piece of crap replacement keyboard I got on Ebay was a piece of garbage and I can't even use the damn thing. I haven't bothered with it as I have a couple other laptops and tablets. I'll pull the drive out one day and copy the data.

Here's some starts from seed.

goldentigerstarts.jpg

goldentiger1.jpg

A couple clones from plant number 1. That was probably the plant I liked the best. I reversed one and pollinated the other. I have a nice stash of GT fems and a few crosses.

goldentigerC04182021.jpg

It was 2021 when I grew it so not that long ago. I was playing around with growing method and ran into some issues. I still ended up with a good harvest of great pot.

goldentigerB04182021.jpg

goldentigerA04182021.jpg

RobFromTX

I have some nice shots of dried bud but they're on a laptop that I replaced the keyboard in and the piece of crap replacement keyboard I got on Ebay was a piece of garbage and I can't even use the damn thing. I haven't bothered with it as I have a couple other laptops and tablets. I'll pull the drive out one day and copy the data.

Here's some starts from seed.

View attachment 19042293
View attachment 19042294

A couple clones from plant number 1. That was probably the plant I liked the best. I reversed one and pollinated the other. I have a nice stash of GT fems and a few crosses.

View attachment 19042296

It was 2021 when I grew it so not that long ago. I was playing around with growing method and ran into some issues. I still ended up with a good harvest of great pot.

View attachment 19042302
View attachment 19042309
Was this from the thai dominant version?

xtsho

Was this from the thai dominant version?

I think the clones I used to make fems were Thai dominant but the last two photos were more Malawi. All I know is I rolled a couple joints before a friend came over. We each smoked a joint. I just took a couple hits, put it out, and told him to be careful. He laughed and smoked the whole damn thing. Less than a half hour later he was glued to a chair. Not couch lock but extreme paranoia. He literally couldn't drive and did not want to leave my backyard where he felt safe. It took him about three hours to be able to leave. Those joints were probably from a Malawi pheno. Some people just don't handle that kind of weed very well and should start of slow. Take a hit and wait type of thing.

RobFromTX

I think the clones I used to make fems were Thai dominant but the last two photos were more Malawi. All I know is I rolled a couple joints before a friend came over. We each smoked a joint. I just took a couple hits, put it out, and told him to be careful. He laughed and smoked the whole damn thing. Less than a half hour later he was glued to a chair. Not couch lock but extreme paranoia. He literally couldn't drive and did not want to leave my backyard where he felt safe. It took him about three hours to be able to leave. Those joints were probably from a Malawi pheno. Some people just don't handle that kind of weed very well and should start of slow. Take a hit and wait type of thing.
Damn so its that kind of high. I'll keep it away from my wife then