What's new

Golden Tiger

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What window of flowering times have you guys had? With light dep outdoors these are pacing the same as the original bc blueberry
20240714_093741.jpg
20240714_093746.jpg
20240714_093749.jpg
20240714_093752.jpg

Limeygreen

Veteran
14-16 weeks for longer ones from onset of flower from group of 6, some would have been 12-13 but I culled them as I didn't care for those ones. Super resinous, oily smells and tastes and a lot of lemon in most of them. Long flowering green tea and lemon was superior in effect, clusters of foxtails and small calyxs.

Shua1991

Also, my time table using 11-13 weeks is at 10-14 light on/off schedule when you see flowers forming. The shorter lighting schedule speeds up the tropical sativas to more manageable flowering time, I found the heavily thai-dominant plants have an autoflowering tendency when rootbound, so keeping males isn't as easy.

Last edited:

FeelHaze

Damnn some bad news !
I got a mild case of N toxicity/nute burn with my Golden Tiger. The Panama Haze next to it doesn't show any sign of toxicity. I'm experimenting with Fox Farm soil, 50% Happy Frog and 50% Ocean Forest. I hope it's going to adapt before flowering.

1000008955.jpg
1000008956.jpg

Old Fogey

Damnn some bad news !
I got a mild case of N toxicity/nute burn with my Golden Tiger. The Panama Haze next to it doesn't show any sign of toxicity. I'm experimenting with Fox Farm soil, 50% Happy Frog and 50% Ocean Forest. I hope it's going to adapt before flowering.

View attachment 19034265 View attachment 19034267
The crown looks healthy. I wouldn't worry about the tip burn, it's very mild. If it persists you'll have a problem but like I said, the crown looks good.

Peace

Shua1991

Still a bit of nute burn on the crown but lateral branching have none and the plant looks healthy overall. She probably will get used to the rich soil as she mature and use the excess N during the first trimester of flowering (the stretch). I'm soon going to top the plant and switch the light schedule to 11/13.

View attachment 19037626
That looks like a Malawi dominant phenotype, how does it smell?

Cactus Squatter

Damnn some bad news !

View attachment 19034265 View attachment 19034267
You’ll have better results if you drop the ocean forest from the mix and just use happy frog with occasional amendments.

I don’t know if ocean forest is just all over the place ph wise or something else, but I have always had issues using it with weed, peppers, tomatoes. Pretty much everything eventually stresses in it. I dropped using it and haven’t had an issue since.

FeelHaze

You’ll have better results if you drop the ocean forest from the mix and just use happy frog with occasional amendments.

I don’t know if ocean forest is just all over the place ph wise or something else, but I have always had issues using it with weed, peppers, tomatoes. Pretty much everything eventually stresses in it. I dropped using it and haven’t had an issue since.

Thank you for the tip !

Cactus Squatter

Thank you for the tip !
I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. I struggled for a while with trying to figure it out and as soon as I dropped it things were easier. The bushmaster coco loco was stable for me as well but I prefer the standard brown bag happy frog as a base for the Ace sativas.
It’s light enough I’ve never seen it burn things and it’s easy to add to organically without issues. Only thing to watch for with it is it likes to get dry spots if you don’t water evenly.
Can’t wait to see how your GT comes out.

Foggy420

Yours don't burn like mine ... what soil are you using ? Are you growing organically ?
Yes all organic

It's recycled soil from the past few years, (originally EB stone 420) reconditioned with compost, worm castings, and an un measured sprinkle of all purpose organic fertilizer.

I recently stepped up my vermicompost bin so this year the worm casting addition got increased significantly. I've seen a very noticeable improvement in the heath and vigor and overall plant happiness. I hope that continues for the next few months.

I did get a little nutrient overdose on some of my other plants but I'm sure it's the unmeasured scoop of fertilizer, I bet they'd have been happy with straight old soil and worm castings.

FeelHaze

I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. I struggled for a while with trying to figure it out and as soon as I dropped it things were easier. The bushmaster coco loco was stable for me as well but I prefer the standard brown bag happy frog as a base for the Ace sativas.
It’s light enough I’ve never seen it burn things and it’s easy to add to organically without issues. Only thing to watch for with it is it likes to get dry spots if you don’t water evenly.
Can’t wait to see how your GT comes out.

It's gold info man !

In the past I had great results with a local organic soil brand for my hybrids but it did not worked as expected with Ace sativas. Since then I've been looking for an alternative. I read lot of growers use Biobizz but I wasn't able to buy some online or in my area. I tought about using straight happy frog but was afraid that I would have to fertilise heavily (what I don't like to do). I ended up adding 50% Ocean Forest but it clearly wasn't necessary, certainly not in veg.

I will know what to do in the future.

Cactus Squatter

It's gold info man !

In the past I had great results with a local organic soil brand for my hybrids but it did not worked as expected with Ace sativas. Since then I've been looking for an alternative. I read lot of growers use Biobizz but I wasn't able to buy some online or in my area. I tought about using straight happy frog but was afraid that I would have to fertilise heavily (what I don't like to do). I ended up adding 50% Ocean Forest but it clearly wasn't necessary, certainly not in veg.

I will know what to do in the future.
The regular happy frog is light on nutes, especially cal mag so make plans for that if you are under LED especially.

Latest posts

Latest posts