What's new

Golden Tiger

RobFromTX

I don’t know if ocean forest is just all over the place ph wise or something else, but I have always had issues using it with weed, peppers, tomatoes. Pretty much everything eventually stresses in it. I dropped using it and haven’t had an issue since.

Ocean forest is a good way to burn some sativas. thats for sure. Something must have really changed in the quality because years ago I used it without these issues

RobFromTX

my PTSD brain and limited wallet and raped credit card says that i have to limit myself and wait for next season to explore the Tiger.
Raped credit card:ROFLMAO:I just told that to my wife and she was in stitches

I like that man. Im gonna use that from now on

Shua1991

How does the perlite effect nutrient burn? Just curious. I always figured it had a lot in it anyway
I find the roots get suffocated using too much, it's a soil prone to compaction and other issues thst block nitrogen uptake. Just something I noticed with Golden Tiger and it's hybrids. I've been growing in ff for years and no longer touch ocean forest because of the fungus gnats.

RobFromTX

I find the roots get suffocated using too much, it's a soil prone to compaction and other issues thst block nitrogen uptake. Just something I noticed with Golden Tiger and it's hybrids. I've been growing in ff for years and no longer touch ocean forest because of the fungus gnats.

Im really enjoying the happy frog. Perfect for lightweight strains

Shua1991

20240729_145900.jpg

I go through a 40lb bag like this in 5 (10 cubic feet) bags of happy frog soil. Course perlite improved soil drainage, rooting times.

Old Uncle Ben

Hate perlite. Been using vermiculite for years, # 2 or 3 grade. Buy it by the big 3 cu. bags. I mix my own soils. Won't touch FF and the others. They're a rip off. Sam's Club sells a great potting soil FWIW. Whatever you use if you have seeds you paid big bucks for get your soil analyzed so you know what's in it. For US growers I recommend Ward Labs. Fair prices, excellent service, certified. I sometimes throw in a sample of my well water. https://www.wardlab.com/services/

If you have a healthy root system there is no danger of root rot. Wicking should be extreme.

Last edited:

xtsho

I hate perlite myself as well. I used to get it by the 4cf bag when I was using coco/perlite. Now when I use coco I just use straight coco and it works just as good. If I was to add something to soil to improve aeration I'd use rice hulls. But I'm fortunate to live a few miles from Concentrates which is an organic agriculture supply company. Rice hulls are probably hard to source for most people though. I can get a 50 lb bag for $17.

The place has everything you need to mix your own soil and a ton of other stuff as well.

Old Uncle Ben

I hate perlite myself as well. I used to get it by the 4cf bag when I was using coco/perlite. Now when I use coco I just use straight coco and it works just as good. If I was to add something to soil to improve aeration I'd use rice hulls. But I'm fortunate to live a few miles from Concentrates which is an organic agriculture supply company. Rice hulls are probably hard to source for most people though. I can get a 50 lb bag for $17.

The place has everything you need to mix your own soil and a ton of other stuff as well.

Nice share!

Shipping is the kicker. Nice you can pick up locally.

The Sunshine #4 looks like a great value.

Shua1991

Hate perlite. Been using vermiculite for years, # 2 or 3 grade. Buy it by the big 3 cu. bags. I mix my own soils. Won't touch FF and the others. They're a rip off. Sam's Club sells a great potting soil FWIW. Whatever you use if you have seeds you paid big bucks for get your soil analyzed so you know what's in it. For US growers I recommend Ward Labs. Fair prices, excellent service, certified. I sometimes throw in a sample of my well water. https://www.wardlab.com/services/

If you have a healthy root system there is no danger of root rot. Wicking should be extreme.
The Sam's club near me only sells miracle grow. I wouldn't grow anything sativa with miracle gro(osmocote).

xtsho

I have a cross I made with GT. I call it BNG GT.

{(Bruce Banger) + ( Night Nurse + CBD God)}

+

{(Golden Tiger)}

I think I'll grow that as well. I haven't grown it yet but I bet it's good. The BNG is exceptional.

RobFromTX

Can anyone give me some personal experiences with this strain? Is it more of a relaxing euphoric feeling or mind numbing couch crash sativa? I grew zamaldelica a few years back and honestly didnt enjoy the high very much. It made me feel a bit edgy and the buzz made me feel very unmotivated, much like a high grade indica. Just curious. It sure is a beautiful strain and seems to be the most popular from the ace catalog

Old Uncle Ben

The Sam's club near me only sells miracle grow. I wouldn't grow anything sativa with miracle gro(osmocote).
Nothing wrong with Miracle Grow in general. What's the NPK you're referring to?

Miracle Grow is not a time release food like Osmocote Indoor-Outdoor Plus, a 15-9-12. I use the 8-9 month on everything.

FeelHaze

Can anyone give me some personal experiences with this strain? Is it more of a relaxing euphoric feeling or mind numbing couch crash sativa? I grew zamaldelica a few years back and honestly didnt enjoy the high very much. It made me feel a bit edgy and the buzz made me feel very unmotivated, much like a high grade indica. Just curious. It sure is a beautiful strain and seems to be the most popular from the ace catalog

Have you thought about the Golden Tiger Version 3 (Thaï dominant) ? I haven't grown it but it seems to fit you description better as there is less Malawi influence in the genetic. My guess is that Malawi dominant phenos, either in GT or Zam, will have more of a dense mindblowing high leading to a good crash later.

Chuckeye

I found the Golden Tiger from Ace to be an excellent Sativa high with no couch lock !

Keep forgetting where my beer is while doing stuff :LOL:

Euphoric, yes. Motivated, yes. Relaxing, not so much :canabis:

A light feeder. 5g/gallon of Mega Crop one part was a bit on the high side. Found out the hard way !

Golden Tiger yield.jpg

Cheers

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I gotta say. These Tigers are loving the outdoors in meds biobeds.

Even got a bit burned and bent from my black out 1.0 which is now improved

and the stress never phased Em

I hit them with a pure peru landrace aka narco gold.
20240730_124022.jpg
20240730_124037.jpg
20240730_124041.jpg
hopefully I get some golden jaguars lol

The last 10 days I've increased darkness to 14 hours as some of my Mexicans weren't too happy with 12 hours. The Tigers have blown up

We have a 2 to 3 week heat wave with 0 sun or cloud predicted so the garden is going to wild out
20240730_124045.jpg