What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Yeah pop, water is the most valuable resource on the planet. I was pretty pissed when Sacramento let all the rain we got this winter run out in to the delta.

Good weekend so far went and applied for a job at a local equipment rental place today. Hung out with the family today. Going to brunch tommorow with my parents, after church. My baby brother came bye to show off his new Subaru. We are probably going to hit the bar next month for the McGregor fight. My wife doesn't like bars but she likes to go watch a fight when their is a big fight.alls good on my end, fiddynuts, rodehazard , and pop, hope you guys have a great weekend.
Good afternoon Packerfan.

I hope the rest of your weekend went well.

You are right that fresh water is the most important thing on the planet for living things. We are very lucky here to have no water worries. I think something like 1/3 of the worlds fresh water is contained in the great lakes. I remember riding around the Santa Cruz mountains and asking my buddies why more people weren't growing more weed out there and the answer was allways the same that it was too hard to get the water you would need. If the population keeps incressing there will have to be a way to get more of it. I think that eventually they will have to start desalination of sea water. That takes a lot of energy so would probably have to put a nuclear power plant in to get that power. Time will tell.

Good luck on the job. Equipment rental sound fun lots of toys to learn about. Is it like skid steer and trailers and stuff like that they rent? I bet that busness is good too, everyone's got a project or two that they need to rent something to get it done.

packerfan79

Veteran

I hope the rest of your weekend went well.

You are right that fresh water is the most important thing on the planet for living things. We are very lucky here to have no water worries. I think something like 1/3 of the worlds fresh water is contained in the great lakes. I remember riding around the Santa Cruz mountains and asking my buddies why more people weren't growing more weed out there and the answer was allways the same that it was too hard to get the water you would need. If the population keeps incressing there will have to be a way to get more of it. I think that eventually they will have to start desalination of sea water. That takes a lot of energy so would probably have to put a nuclear power plant in to get that power. Time will tell.

Good luck on the job. Equipment rental sound fun lots of toys to learn about. Is it like skid steer and trailers and stuff like that they rent? I bet that busness is good too, everyone's got a project or two that they need to rent something to get it done.

What up fiddynuts, equipment rental is up my alley, as a plasterers we use scissor lifts, boomlifts, pumps, mixers, forklifts hopefully something will come of it. Would be nice to be working 5 miles from home instead of 100 miles from home.

Weekend was awesome went to red lobster last night, yum.

California is losing population, quick. Arizona, Tennese, Utah And Idaho are, advertising to business owners in California. Many states that want industry, and California is doing everything it can to push businesses out. Eventually it will collapse because industry will be gone. A state this size won't prosper without private industry.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
pork tacos and corn relish sounds awesome!
i will have to make that one day this week!
did you marinate the pork before grilling it?
i like using left over pork for tacos and just heat it up in a hot pan with some black pepper
tonight we are having hot wings
i soaked them in the juices from some kimche my mom gave me and they smell really good

desal is definitely one option for the state
it uses a lot of energy like you said, but without fresh water you cant really live so i think its money well spent
the state needs to look at all options if we want to maintain our standard of living
unfortunately, a lot of the damage has already been done with farms going under because they could not secure the water they needed

so im thinking about getting a new set of bags to make hash with
what ones are you using fiddy and p'fan?
which ones would you recommend in the 5g size?

hope everyones week is off to a great start!

packerfan79

Veteran
I use the all mesh bags from grow sun. Got them on Amazon. They have a few different sizes, and bags 1 have the 20 gallon 8 bag set. I am very happy with them.

More food talk, I walked outside and I could smell hickory smoke. Going to smoke a pork shoulder this coming weekend. Can't wait. I have some hickory and some cherry wood, gotta love that smell.

The government is trying to shutdown the almond and pistachio farms due to the water usage. Farmers how vast sums of money in the orchards. Sacramento is out of touch with most of the state.

Rodehazrd

Hey guys
I spent the weekend down in Ky. We have friends down below Bardstown.
Local folk all worried about Johnny Boone. He is somewhat revered there He's been on the lam some years now just recently picked up. Of the 69 men and one woman offered a deal to rat on him none did. He showed up at a rundown nursing home one summer with a truck load of air conditioners to donate. He always helped anyone in a tight spot.
We were always told when hiking the ridges don't go toward Raywick they put claymores on the trails to their plants, hang eyelevel fishhook booby traps, and tied rattlers to the plants. He did deals with a big pistol and his posse carried AKs. He was a nice guy unless you intended to cross him.
There were plenty of good trails toward Holy Cross so we never considered Raywick. I did a sound gig there once in the bar. I was really glad I was with the band and therefore protected by the bouncer. The bass player later wrote a song about that place. "I Love ya but I Kill ya".
Rodehazrd

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey guys
Local folk all worried about Johnny Boone. He is somewhat revered there He's been on the lam some years now just recently picked up. Of the 69 men and one woman offered a deal to rat on him none did. He showed up at a rundown nursing home one summer with a truck load of air conditioners to donate. He always helped anyone in a tight spot.
We were always told when hiking the ridges don't go toward Raywick they put claymores on the trails to their plants, hang eyelevel fishhook booby traps, and tied rattlers to the plants. He did deals with a big pistol and his posse carried AKs. He was a nice guy unless you intended to cross him.
There were plenty of good trails toward Holy Cross so we never considered Raywick. I did a sound gig there once in the bar. I was really glad I was with the band and therefore protected by the bouncer. The bass player later wrote a song about that place. "I Love ya but I Kill ya".
Rodehazrd

Damn rodehazard,

That sounds pretty crazy, souther hospitality at it's finest, lol. I bet they grow some fire if they go to all that trouble to protect it. Probably a few still sites around also. When we were teenagers we used to go get our drugs from some guys in Compton, one of the few families that produce the bulk of the pcp for the nation. Apparently it's a closely guarded secret family recipe. First time was scary as shit. Especially for 16 year old white boy. Fortunately our homeboy was one of the few white boys, that had earned respect enough to be called a brother to these crazy fucks. We were left in the car while dude went in to make our presence known. 4 big ass crips come out and surrounded the car. The scared the shit out of us. They tell us come inside, uh ok.my homeboy is laughing his ass off cause we were white as ghosts.

Fiddynut

What up fiddynuts, equipment rental is up my alley, as a plasterers we use scissor lifts, boomlifts, pumps, mixers, forklifts hopefully something will come of it. Would be nice to be working 5 miles from home instead of 100 miles from home.

Weekend was awesome went to red lobster last night, yum.

California is losing population, quick. Arizona, Tennese, Utah And Idaho are, advertising to business owners in California. Many states that want industry, and California is doing everything it can to push businesses out. Eventually it will collapse because industry will be gone. A state this size won't prosper without private industry.

Packerfan79 said:
I use the all mesh bags from grow sun. Got them on Amazon. They have a few different sizes, and bags 1 have the 20 gallon 8 bag set. I am very happy with them.

More food talk, I walked outside and I could smell hickory smoke. Going to smoke a pork shoulder this coming weekend. Can't wait. I have some hickory and some cherry wood, gotta love that smell.

The government is trying to shutdown the almond and pistachio farms due to the water usage. Farmers how vast sums of money in the orchards. Sacramento is out of touch with most of the state.

Good morning Packerfan.

Sounds like you are already familiar with a lot of the equipment that you will be renting. That is a great thing since you can help explain how to use it and take care of it. I think that would be a great busness to be in with lots of people doing DIY projects themselves to save some cash. A 5 mile commute would be great. If there is one thing I hate doing after a long day it's spending a lot of time getting home. Life is too short to be spending it driving to and from work.

I love me some pulled pork. Sounds like you have a good plan. I love to mix a hardwood like oak or hickory with a fruit wood like apple or cherry. It makes for some delicious smoky goodness. What is your rub like?

Yes it seems that while California has a lot of good sun and warm weather for growing the fact that it dosent rain much during the growing season makes it tough to farm. I wonder if it was always like that or if the population neer the coast has made it worse due to incressing demands. There are no easy answers here and the people who work hard and invest in farms stand to loose everything if there is no water for crops. In the end the consumers will have to pay for whatever measures have to be taken to make sure there is food for everyone.

Rodehazrd

Damn rodehazard,

That sounds pretty crazy, souther hospitality at it's finest, lol. I bet they grow some fire if they go to all that trouble to protect it. Probably a few still sites around also. When we were teenagers we used to go get our drugs from some guys in Compton, one of the few families that produce the bulk of the pcp for the nation. Apparently it's a closely guarded secret family recipe. First time was scary as shit. Especially for 16 year old white boy. Fortunately our homeboy was one of the few white boys, that had earned respect enough to be called a brother to these crazy fucks. We were left in the car while dude went in to make our presence known. 4 big ass crips come out and surrounded the car. The scared the shit out of us. They tell us come inside, uh ok.my homeboy is laughing his ass off cause we were white as ghosts.

Its a wonder we all survived the crazy times. I don't think as many have our luck now days. everyone packs. a lot don't make it back.
All those booby traps were in the 70s and 80s I don't know if any of that still goes on down there but people don't wander freely there, not the smart ones. Still I kinda hope Johnny gets away again.
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

pork tacos and corn relish sounds awesome!
i will have to make that one day this week!
did you marinate the pork before grilling it?
i like using left over pork for tacos and just heat it up in a hot pan with some black pepper
tonight we are having hot wings
i soaked them in the juices from some kimche my mom gave me and they smell really good

desal is definitely one option for the state
it uses a lot of energy like you said, but without fresh water you cant really live so i think its money well spent
the state needs to look at all options if we want to maintain our standard of living
unfortunately, a lot of the damage has already been done with farms going under because they could not secure the water they needed

so im thinking about getting a new set of bags to make hash with
what ones are you using fiddy and p'fan?
which ones would you recommend in the 5g size?

hope everyones week is off to a great start!
Good morning pop_rocks.

The tacos turned out well. I had gotten a pork loin roast and seasoned it up with some Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper and hot smoked it at like 300-350 for about an hour on Sunday. It was great sliced with some potatoes and the zucchini and onion stir fry for dinner Sunday but also great using the leftovers for the tacos. I did not pick up any more corn so I didn't make the relish. Next time for sure. I didn't marinate the pork just dry rub with Cajun and salt and pepper. I often do a marinade with pork loin or a brine but was in a hurry this time.

Chicken wings in kimche sauce sounds good. I'm not sure if I've had kimche before but from what I understand it's fermented like sour kraut but much spicier. Sometimes I do country style pork ribs brazed in kraut and it's so tender. Let me know how they turned out.

My set of bubble bags have the PVC coated nylon sides and it does take a lot of time to drain, especially the smallest one at the bottom. I'd recomend the all mesh ones for saving time. I'd think the 5 gallon would be big enough unless you have a ton of trim to deal with. Not sure what size buckets you'd use for the 20 gallon ones either.

The week is off to a fast start for me. I didn't get as much done in the grow room as I'd have liked yesterday so I'll have to make up for that during the week. Works busy and I'll be working extra hours, and a dentist appointment this week to get the chompers cleaned. We are trying to get the jet ski up,and running after a couple years of sitting too. Always more to do that time to do it.

Fiddynut

Hey guys
Rodehazrd
Good afternoon Rodehazrd.

That Boone feller sounds like a true American. Sounds like he was a very giving person who also took no shit from anyone. I can imagine that making shine or growing might be the only good way to make an honest living in some spots. Dosent sound like he ever took what wasn't his or crossed anyone who didn't have it coming. The fact that no one ratted him out means he had earned their respect not just had them scared. I think if you just try to scare people into keeping quiet the cops will scare them into talking eventuality. I hope someone finds a way to break him out and he goes back to the hills to live out his days. I'm not a violent person but I do respect people's right to protect what is theirs. Booby trapping is a touchy issue because innocent people can get hurt or killed. If a non local was hiking and didn't know what they were walking into it wouldn't go well for them I suppose. I've heard of a number of places in the south that don't take kind to strangers. In the end it sounds like he was just trying to get by without having to answer to the government and that is something I respect.

I bet there are some great places to hike around down there. I think you are wise to stay away from the claymore mines and other booby traps. Sometimes curiosity can get the best of me and I'd be trying to find a local to show me some old still sights and grow fields. Probably wouldn't go well for a strange talking Yankee like me.

Rodehazrd

Yeah Fiddy I'm lucky raised in the hills so i don't have such a bad accent like you.
You're right about other options not being there for those folk. Most drive two hours each way to Ford or GE in van pools. There is some work at Heaven Hill and Willett. Makers mark is in Loretto. But those jobs always go to workers family members, big pride in multiple generation workers at the distillery.
The tobacco base just won't last all year. So its shine or weed and the weed smells less.
One thing for sure Johnny will be Royalty in a Kentucky Pen. He won't be abused.

When is the next yogurt cup challenge. It looks like fun.
Fiddy you should do a Jungle Tribe challenge you are such a good moderator you could pull it off. I saw a shot glass challenge and a beer cup one What else do we all have in a standard size?
Rodehazrd

packerfan79

Veteran

That Boone feller sounds like a true American. Sounds like he was a very giving person who also took no shit from anyone. I can imagine that making shine or growing might be the only good way to make an honest living in some spots. Dosent sound like he ever took what wasn't his or crossed anyone who didn't have it coming. The fact that no one ratted him out means he had earned their respect not just had them scared. I think if you just try to scare people into keeping quiet the cops will scare them into talking eventuality. I hope someone finds a way to break him out and he goes back to the hills to live out his days. I'm not a violent person but I do respect people's right to protect what is theirs. Booby trapping is a touchy issue because innocent people can get hurt or killed. If a non local was hiking and didn't know what they were walking into it wouldn't go well for them I suppose. I've heard of a number of places in the south that don't take kind to strangers. In the end it sounds like he was just trying to get by without having to answer to the government and that is something I respect.

I bet there are some great places to hike around down there. I think you are wise to stay away from the claymore mines and other booby traps. Sometimes curiosity can get the best of me and I'd be trying to find a local to show me some old still sights and grow fields. Probably wouldn't go well for a strange talking Yankee like me.

I gotta pull for the outlaws, as long as you don't harm innocents. I am curious by nature, I would probably be doing the same shit.I bet thier are hundreds if not thousands of old still sights back in the sticks. Sights from prohibition era would be a trip back in time.I always have nostalgia for those times when people were fiercly independent. I love to explore, we have some early man sights around my area, I have explored a few. When I was at my uncle's funeral, me and my cousin reminisced about the days when we were kids. We used to run all around this desert catching lizards and exploring. It sucks that things are so dangerous now, kids can barely be outside. Just found out that L.A. county is dropping off mentally ill people at the local greyhound station. My mom works for a local outreach and women's shelter, they have a few in the shelter. It's a constant battle to keep the residents from taking over the shelter. Deffinately worry me that my mom is in a somewhat dangerous occupation. I am trying to get her to get a concealed carry permit, but she's not that confident with a firearm. My mom, sis in law and wife are signed up for a women's self defense, and firearms safety course in September. If I didn't travel with weed I would get a permit myself. I am fortunate that I live in a county with a sheriff who understands what is out there and that people have a god given right to protect their families and themselves. Probably one of a very few counties in California that recognizes that right.

Rodehazrd

Hey PF
get those women a pepper spray. My wife keeps it in her keys and has it handy in therapy sessions. She stopped a woman with a butcher knife with it once. Non lethal quite effective against normal folk.
Rodehazrd

Fiddynut

Yeah Fiddy I'm lucky raised in the hills so i don't have such a bad accent like you.
You're right about other options not being there for those folk. Most drive two hours each way to Ford or GE in van pools. There is some work at Heaven Hill and Willett. Makers mark is in Loretto. But those jobs always go to workers family members, big pride in multiple generation workers at the distillery.
The tobacco base just won't last all year. So its shine or weed and the weed smells less.
One thing for sure Johnny will be Royalty in a Kentucky Pen. He won't be abused.

When is the next yogurt cup challenge. It looks like fun.
Fiddy you should do a Jungle Tribe challenge you are such a good moderator you could pull it off. I saw a shot glass challenge and a beer cup one What else do we all have in a standard size?
Rodehazrd

Yep I'd sound out of place down there for sure. But of they got to know me they would see that I'm a chill guy that would fit right in down there. My mom always told me that I'd be right at home in the south because I'm so chill and I don't talk too much. Never liked to use too many words when a few will do or to go on and on just to hear myself talk.

It sounds like a tough place to make a living. And when you are raised there it's probably not easy to leave to find work. It's so expensive to move these days that's probably not an option for most. Even if it was it would be hard to leave your home and family and the life you know behind.

You are right that if he goes to a state prison Johnny will be well taken care of. I don't remember if they are state or fed charges against him. Sometimes even with state charges you end up at a fed joint out of state anyway. My bro ended up doing a lot of his state time at a fed prison in MN. I guess they ship you wherever they have room for you.

Not sure when the next yogart challenge wI'll be. I defenatly want to give it a go. That's a great idea to have a challenge amongst the tribe here. I'd be down in a few weeks when my lights are up and running again. What do the rest of the tribe think? Shot glass sounds like it would be really tough. Maybe beer cup to get us ready for the smaller yogart cup? If you guys are interested we can set one up for sure. Let's see who is down to give it a go? Great idea Rodehazrd.

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey PF
get those women a pepper spray. My wife keeps it in her keys and has it handy in therapy sessions. She stopped a woman with a butcher knife with it once. Non lethal quite effective against normal folk.
Rodehazrd

Yeah that's better than nothing. I wouldn't encourage anyone to carry without proper and regular training. I carried when I lived in Arizona, but that was open carry. Things were crazy out there to.

On a lighter note I am going to be popping seeds in the next few days. Fun stuff. Still not totally sure what I am going to pop.

I am nervous about running the Cobra lips in the big room , since the chem crosses are hermi prone.
So far I am decided on
Las Vegas triangle kush
Pure ghost og
Terpanado
Cherry sunshine
Sour grapes
I may run the sour grapes in the small room since they finish quick.like 50 to 60 days.

Picked up the fittings I need for the drip system, still need pvc and the octobubbler. 52 bucks for fittings.

Fiddynut

I gotta pull for the outlaws, as long as you don't harm innocents. I am curious by nature, I would probably be doing the same shit.I bet thier are hundreds if not thousands of old still sights back in the sticks. Sights from prohibition era would be a trip back in time.I always have nostalgia for those times when people were fiercly independent. I love to explore, we have some early man sights around my area, I have explored a few. When I was at my uncle's funeral, me and my cousin reminisced about the days when we were kids. We used to run all around this desert catching lizards and exploring. It sucks that things are so dangerous now, kids can barely be outside. Just found out that L.A. county is dropping off mentally ill people at the local greyhound station. My mom works for a local outreach and women's shelter, they have a few in the shelter. It's a constant battle to keep the residents from taking over the shelter. Deffinately worry me that my mom is in a somewhat dangerous occupation. I am trying to get her to get a concealed carry permit, but she's not that confident with a firearm. My mom, sis in law and wife are signed up for a women's self defense, and firearms safety course in September. If I didn't travel with weed I would get a permit myself. I am fortunate that I live in a county with a sheriff who understands what is out there and that people have a god given right to protect their families and themselves. Probably one of a very few counties in California that recognizes that right.

I'm with you on pulling for outlaws. This country was founded by people sick of overreaching laws and taxes. It's in our blood, we feel (correctly) that we have the right to do what we want on our land as long as others arnt harmed.

Moonshine is not traditional in this part of the country but I love to learn about it and hope to go and see some old still sights sometime. I'd love to do a tour of the old prohibition sights and see how it's all done. Wood fired stills seem to attract me the most. Like you I'm nostalgic about the old days of moonshine when people defied the Prohibitionist and were "fiercely" independent. I guess us growers can relate pretty well to that.

I think that a good step in the right direction would be to to let the locals organize these moonshine tours. They could give them permits to make small runs of liquor for demonstrations and give little samples just like when you tour a brewery or winery. That would put some people to work and bring in some money for the local economy. It would be a win win.

I love to explore as well. When I was a kid we would explore abandon houses and stuff. As a teenager there was a huge old psychiatric hospital that was long deserted thet we would spend hours exploring and reading the old records. I think it was a tuberculoses asylum for a while. There were three buildings total. Kind of freaky in there but really interisting.

Good to get the lady's some training. The more prepared they can be the better. If they arnt completely ready to draw and use a gun they may be better off without one. It's hard to say how one might react if their life was in jeopardy but if they don't use it right away it could be used against them. That would be a horrible situation. Peper spray and a good billy club would defenatly help with most threats. The good news is that most woman are great shots with a pistol. I've seen plenty of experienced shooters outdone by their less experienced wives at the range.

Floridian

Veteran
Hey kids just droppin by to say hey.Last week I got hospice involved in the process which I think is going to help me I really need some at this point.Mom not only cant take a few steps from the bed to the poddy chair anymore she's hallucinating like a motherfucker the last two days,man I hope this is temporary.The last week has been the absolute hardest I don't know what the fuck I can do except what I'm doing.Don't mean to bum you folks out really,it seems everyone has some good shit goin on but me lol.I don't feel so bad though except for the real bad back and the physical shit,it's all part of life I guess.Packerfan I appreciated your phencyclidine story made me laugh,in DC in the 70's loveboat was all the rage which was PCP sprayed on reefer.Us white folks called it green and sprayed it on parsley,either way it was a trip to the moon and beyond lol.We would go to Kansas and pick huge flowers and the bro's would buy them at a hundred a pound and they were getting a great killer deal they figured,they could have sprayed that shit on a paper towel hell it didn't matter,it's phencyclidine lol.Acids big brother!You guys take care I like checking out your posts you're pretty damn normal lol and I mean that in a good way.All I can say with all honesty,I cannot fuckin wait to germinate some seeds in my new diggs

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey, Floridian, sorry to hear this are so rough with your mom. Hospice is a hard deal, hopefully you get some good people to help you through this hard time. You are only human, do what you can. I can't imagine going through what you are. I am really close with my mom. I feel like I bring down the mood of this thread , but the guys here in the jungle are some real good people. I can talk about stuff here that I don't in my outside life.

I only tried pcp twice, to much for me moonwalking and tripping.

What are you going to be popping seed wise?

packerfan79

Veteran
Word is a beer cup challenge is in the works for late summer early fall, probably going to be set to end at the end of nov.

Rodehazrd

Hey kids just droppin by to say hey.Last week I got hospice involved in the process which I think is going to help me I really need some at this point.Mom not only cant take a few steps from the bed to the poddy chair anymore she's hallucinating like a motherfucker the last two days,man I hope this is temporary.The last week has been the absolute hardest I don't know what the fuck I can do except what I'm doing.Don't mean to bum you folks out really,it seems everyone has some good shit goin on but me lol.I don't feel so bad though except for the real bad back and the physical shit,it's all part of life I guess.Packerfan I appreciated your phencyclidine story made me laugh,in DC in the 70's loveboat was all the rage which was PCP sprayed on reefer.Us white folks called it green and sprayed it on parsley,either way it was a trip to the moon and beyond lol.We would go to Kansas and pick huge flowers and the bro's would buy them at a hundred a pound and they were getting a great killer deal they figured,they could have sprayed that shit on a paper towel hell it didn't matter,it's phencyclidine lol.Acids big brother!You guys take care I like checking out your posts you're pretty damn normal lol and I mean that in a good way.All I can say with all honesty,I cannot fuckin wait to germinate some seeds in my new diggs

Hey Floridian
glad to see you coming up for air
As you know now hospice is the best thing to happen for you in a long time. I fired my first hospice worker with my father in law she was a real downer. But the second woman was an angel. She spoke with the power of a doctor and all others jumped to do her bidding.
She knew dementia was caused by some combinations of drugs. Haldal in our case, she made a cocktail of meds and brought our old boy back to us. He stayed lucid till the end and she treated us as part of her work soothing the wife feeding the family doing dishes. I hope you got the Angel you needed.
Rodehazrd