What's new

Farmerlion's; Just A Grow, Ya Know

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends, thank you all for your kind words.
This morning I misted and opened the greenhouse door for maximum ventilation. It's already over 90f outside, I'm sure it's 115f inside the greenhouse. I just watered with rain water and will have to do another round in a few hours. With high Temps and large amounts of air movement plant/leaf transpiration is at it's highest levels.

With pith filled meristems the stresses of heat show a little slower as the water doesn't move as quickly. With a hollow meristem the hydrostatic pressures inside the xylem and phloem is immediate.. within minutes leaves can droop or stand praying. This is a trust level of the plant that water will be there when it needs it. Otherwise the pith is it's backup plan to hold on to water as long as possible.

This is proof of the symbiotic relationship between humans and nature. There is no reason for hollow stems outside of this cohabitation. (This is my belief and it encourages me to be a better steward of plants and animals.) It's encouraging to know that your plants trust you. Think about that for a minute, feels good doesn't it?

Here is some pictures of the plants, I'll do my male first. The second picture is the Baglung Nepalese female. The only plant that isn't fully green. The third and fourth pictures are of my auto crosses.
Peace farmerlion
20230723_130342.jpg
20230723_130329.jpg
20230723_130318.jpg
20230723_130312.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Here's 4 more pictures, these are all taken at eye level. Many to most plants are 6' in their bags. Some are 8' in bags and growing. I have a total of 10' ceiling height to finish flowering.
They all should be fine. The females are going to start bulking up now. Maybe I will add new repositories tonight and give them a nice cool honeydew smoothie before bed.
Thank you all so much for your interest in my greenhouse plants.
Peace farmerlion
20230723_130304.jpg
20230723_130254.jpg
20230723_130245.jpg
20230723_130234.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Farmerlion's eye level is over my head...

Gosh they are looking pretty good!
Always a joy to see and hear from you Nannymouse. We dropped off our last house guest last night. Back to some peace and quiet for momma lion and myself.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Just finished with a feeding/watering. Honey Dews were on sale for 3 for $5. So the girls had a feeding this evening and they will get another in the morning.
Genesee beer, lake water and a slice of honeydew melon. Have a great Monday friends.
Peace farmerlion
20230723_183837.jpg
20230723_184032.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hollow stems might allow a plant to get taller with the same energy used? Not getting shadowed by the competition, getting that high flying pollen...
I certainly get that aspect goingrey, it makes sense. Almost all my plants tall or short have hollow meristems. I have never seen any actual scientific evidence or research regarding hollow stems. I can only observe what I see in different grow operations and harvests. Coming to my conclusion is merely my experience. It could be broader for sure. Bamboo is the fastest growing plant and is also hollow.
I will look into this further. Peace brother 🙏 farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good morning Ace family,
This morning I culled 4 male plants and did another honeydew feeding. I also pulled yellow dying leaves. I will further clean the soil surface to rid the greenhouse of anything gnats could call home. I haven't had or seen any yet. There is a pretty healthy spider population in the greenhouse doing a great job. I have one small toad that has been in the bags and hopping around the floor a couple days now. He doesn't want his picture taken real bad.
Here's some pictures. Have a great day friends,
Peace farmerlion
20230724_081715.jpg
20230724_105511.jpg
20230724_105502.jpg
20230724_105429.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends, today is 100+ degrees f. I have watered twice at 15 gallons of lake water each time. I have misted six spray bottles at 36 ounces each fill a few times total.

The Lebanese x Auto Malawi and the Highland Nepalese Grape x Auto Zamaldelica are the most heat resistant. The Blue Thai x Purpura Regina quickly recover after watering, but they are the first to start drooping. The Mother of Pearl male and female haven't even blinked in the heat.

I hope you all are doing well and your grows are your best ever. Have a great rest of your week.
Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

I think that we got to 97+ today.

We also have a little toad friend that i think lives in a downspout. I spray that area when i water the gardens and birds. The toad is so little that i've almost stepped on him a couple of times, he's about the size of a cricket.

When we were kids, there was a little toad that lived in the shower in the basement. We always picked him up and placed him temporarily in the sink. Didn't think that the soap and shampoo would be good for him.

Sometimes i am surprised by the Cannabis plants that can take the heat. You might think that those with the most Thai in the pedigree would handle the heat best. An old hermit in southern Az said that a Romulan x Chemo (bred by Funkynugs, i think) outlasted all his other strains, by a long way...he'd been naturalizing with sativas for a long long time, too.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I just went back for a third load of water, I'll see how the girls are doing about 8pm. Giving them some more if the need it. The horse flies are out in force along the shoreline. They're trying to eat us alive last trip.

The plants are growing bigger and thicker each day. Everything is flowering and has 10 weeks to finish. While the auto's as an f1 would be heavy into flowering right now. Making a hybrid cross f1 has reset all dates of finishing.

The Mother of Pearl has been flowering for a week now and she might want 11 to 12 weeks to finish better/properly? Just because the male and female had early onset doesn't mean they're a quick finisher. I might be able to get her 13 weeks at most.

I would like to have some bud shots for you. It's kinda like having seedlings right now, not much to show.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello all,
Hope everyone is having a great week. Here is a couple pictures. Just the smallest of buds forming right now. These are the male and female Mother of Pearl plants.
Peace farmerlion
20230727_144639.jpg
20230727_144738.jpg
20230727_144730.jpg
20230727_144719.jpg
20230727_144656.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello again,
Here's some shots in the door. Every plant is moving into flowering or already has. The plants have started moving chlorophyll to the upper branches and bud sites.

The lower branches are being vacated in preparation for flowering. Right now the plants need to be as stress free as possible. Just sunshine water, is all they need until the sun goes down.
Peace farmerlion
20230727_144849.jpg
20230727_144833.jpg
20230727_144822.jpg
20230727_144750.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
A beautiful day in the canyon for sure! I was just out with the girls looking for grasshoppers, finding two and only catching one.

Having a 10x loupe is essential for observing what your plants are doing before the obvious signs of trouble arise or the pleasant surprises. Having a decent camera, but it being older doesn't connect to my tablet or phone. I sure envy the pictures from @SydBarret.

I do have pictures but nothing close up to show you the varied display of the red and white pistils. These color differences are on the same plants. The Lebanese x Auto Malawi are all multi colored. The Mother of Pearl has both colors with the red being dominant thus far into flowering.

I wish I knew if pistil coloration is influence able or not? Could it be a trait that environmental triggers affect? There isn't any observable pink pistils that I've seen.Are the phenotypic expressions predetermined or allowed within certain parameters? They certainly could be both.
Peace farmerlion
20230728_132454.jpg
20230728_132510.jpg
20230728_132503.jpg
20230728_132441.jpg

goingrey

Hello friends,
A beautiful day in the canyon for sure! I was just out with the girls looking for grasshoppers, finding two and only catching one.

Having a 10x loupe is essential for observing what your plants are doing before the obvious signs of trouble arise or the pleasant surprises. Having a decent camera, but it being older doesn't connect to my tablet or phone. I sure envy the pictures from @SydBarret.

I do have pictures but nothing close up to show you the varied display of the red and white pistils. These color differences are on the same plants. The Lebanese x Auto Malawi are all multi colored. The Mother of Pearl has both colors with the red being dominant thus far into flowering.

I wish I knew if pistil coloration is influence able or not? Could it be a trait that environmental triggers affect? There isn't any observable pink pistils that I've seen.Are the phenotypic expressions predetermined or allowed within certain parameters? They certainly could be both.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18870970 View attachment 18870969 View attachment 18870968 View attachment 18870967
For sure cool temps can bring out pink pistils, or at least something in the outdoors, my personal belief is the temperature. But it needs to be in the genes too... So yes, you are right. There may be some discussion about it in the Panama thread if I'm not imagining false memories..

Man your greenhouse is looking incredible. Feeding them better than most people feed themselves is really paying off!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@goingrey, I will try to find that thread. Is it in the Ace Panama or one of the Panama threads in breeders/vendors? I'll try Ace first.

So much for your compliment about the greenhouse. At 815am when I open the greenhouse door to let in as much UV light as possible with that sun angle, it was pouring rain outside so I went back to sleep. Yah,?. I slept until 2pm, it's no longer raining but bright, sunny and humid as a mofo!

Uugh!!! My babies 👶 when you live three miles from your mailbox you can run outside in your underwear without worries. So I did... Now watering plants is crucial for all grows (indoor, outdoor or greenhouse). It is imperative when you have a greenhouse and it's 85f outside at 11am. The temperature inside a greenhouse is passing 115f and climbing higher each moment. When your plants don't have sufficient water in the morning on a day like this and you choose to go back to sleep for a half hour as I told my wife.
You can compromise everything you have worked for in a few hours of negligent rest. Thankfully God looks out for children and fools.

Upon opening the door I heard the deafening sound of disappointment. If plants could speak? Oh you decided to show up today?? WTF!?? It's F...ing hot in here!!!

Thanks to the morning rain my barrel was full again and ready for service. I pulled some kiwis 🥝 out of the freezer last night for the girls. So this evening each bag will get a kiwi smoothie and some fresh lake water.
So plant parents like I've preached to my children for decades, (Do your work before you play). Even if it's just a nap that goes from a half hour to four hours. People, plants and pets are dependent upon us, today I dropped the ball.

These first days of flowering are crucial and need to be as stress free as possible. I lost a whole morning of growth, come September it will be equivalent to a whole day of flowering.

Peace farmerlion