What's new

Farmerlion's; Just A Grow, Ya Know

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
These are the Blue Thai x Purpura Regina, not quite showing sex yet.
20230708_122540.jpg
Everyone seems happy with their beer and pineapple smoothies they had yesterday.
20230708_122553.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
20230708_122805.jpg

This is the Baglung Nepalese, the very top node has pistils and two beautiful redish hairs looking for boys. I'm very happy this plant is female.

Most likely she will be spending a few romantic days with a Highland Nepalese Grape phenotype x Auto Zamaldelica male. Seeing the two auto's with the crossings of the Lebanese and Nepalese genetics will be interesting. Taking a bunch of girls swimming down at the lake now. Have a wonderful weekend my friends,
God Bless, farmerlion and Mrs.Lion

SolarLogos

What a nice green color Brother Lion! Not a single yellow leaf in sight. I bet if I looked close, I'd still see bright green cotyledons ;) Beer smoothies for the win!

Too bad, if I drank alcohol, I'd be that green to :sick:

You and the misses have a blessed weekend too.

Good to see you too Blondie. It's nice to be around good people, instead of in my isolation all the time.🧘‍♂️

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
What a nice green color Brother Lion! Not a single yellow leaf in sight. I bet if I looked close, I'd still see bright green cotyledons ;) Beer smoothies for the win!

Too bad, if I drank alcohol, I'd be that green to :sick:

You and the misses have a blessed weekend too.

Good to see you too Blondie. It's nice to be around good people, instead of in my isolation all the time.🧘‍♂️
Brother, I'm always here for you. I'll pm you my numbers, call me at any time any day.
I will make time for you my friend. I know you have my email, but that's not the same.
peace farmerlion

vermontman

Good afternoon friends,
I have not taken the loupe back out yet to look at plants closer. Generally pollen sacks are raised on a tiny stem, this is half developed but still looks to me as pistils .
In other observations I did a beet smoothie for the girls yesterday and ran two larger beets through the blender in about 6 stages with a full load of lake water each.
I strained that through a 100 micron filter and reused the pulp in a smoothie. The 6 or so pitchers of water that were extremely influenced by red sugar, I added that into my 65 gallon watering tank. This morning I had a bright red cherry looking kool-aid (Tea).

I will use all this water in the next four days in the greenhouse, I misted heavy last night and this morning. All the girls are at least four weeks from germinated seeds and two bags are 5 to 6 weeks old of either volunteers or early sprouting seedlings. Here's some pictures in the greenhouse from the door.

Have a wonderful weekend my friends. We have our great niece's staying with us a couple days. These two are actually a joy to be around.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18862176 View attachment 18862178 View attachment 18862177 View attachment 18862174 View attachment 18862175
Hey farmerlion!
You garden is looking very healthy and could not be much more uniform.
Great work!

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@vermontman ,
Brother thank you for your kind words my friend. Today I culled my first male of the season. He was one of two thin leaf Lebanese x Auto Malawi plants. The other (thin leaf) hasn't shown yet. I'm hoping that the other thin leaf is a female that is Malawi dominant by appearance. The thin Lebanese have shorter leaves like the Acapulco Gold from Bohdi have. These are longer C'mon female!

Two Lebanese x Auto Malawi are females for sure, my Baglung Nepalese and one Blue Thai x Purpura Regina is female. Within the next week or so everything should be declared. One of the Mother of Pearl is also a lady, this is a very early showing for her lineage, I'm super stoked to see that. Honestly I was thinking late August and not finish properly.

Thank you Jesus for that special gift.

Have a beautiful Sunday my friend.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@SolarLogos , thanks man.
You had to bring up yellow leaves didn't you?
I'm misting the girls as the sun comes up over my butte to the east and what catches my eye , yellowing leaves....lol But not everything is turning yet, but by midweek I will be pulling/snipping dying vegetation for sure.
Peace farmerlion
20230709_095207.jpg
20230709_095308.jpg
20230709_095337.jpg
20230709_095410.jpg
20230709_095445.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good morning,
The leaves are still drooping from a heavy misting. Here's two shots in the door at different elevations. The 1" x 6" board on the right side of the greenhouse, the top is at 6' for a height reference. The metal support bars on each side are at 8' they won't be used for reference for a few weeks yet.
Peace farmerlion
20230709_095616.jpg
20230709_095625.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello all, it's raining here today and I'm a Batchelor for a week. So into the greenhouse for a round of feedings. Today was a whole egg, pineapple and a Kiwi. I bought some fresh Strawberries and Blueberries at the stare as well. I will do a separate feeding with them.
Here's just some random pictures today.
Two Blue Thai x Purpura Regina had female pistils today and one of the Auto's was a female but I don't remember if it was a Malawi or a Zamaldelica? I did a little dance anyway.
Peace farmerlion
20230711_154917.jpg
20230711_154952.jpg
20230711_172149.jpg
20230711_172235.jpg
20230711_172254.jpg
20230711_172220.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Good morning,
The leaves are still drooping from a heavy misting. Here's two shots in the door at different elevations. The 1" x 6" board on the right side of the greenhouse, the top is at 6' for a height reference. The metal support bars on each side are at 8' they won't be used for reference for a few weeks yet.
Peace farmerlion View attachment 18863339 View attachment 18863340
Wow, Beautiful sun room!😻

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
God day all,
I did a round of morning misting then took a couple pictures. No sunshine today so I will wait until this evening to water as the plants aren't going to transpire any great amount.
They can push some roots around and find water if they want more right now. I will give another good misting today anyway, the aromas coming off these plants accumulativly is a chorus harmony in perfect pitch.
20230712_083730.jpg
20230712_083702.jpg
20230712_083653.jpg
20230712_083641.jpg
20230712_083543.jpg

EnjoyingLife

Looking great! Seem to be fed well. A few yellow bottom leaves are normal and are just from shade and being slightly hungry form fast growth. Thanks for sharing your experiment and production garden! :smoke:
Should one remove these fans and branches that go with them at this point or wait for transition?

Let's say on the bottom 20/25% of the plant.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just wait for the leaf to drop off unless it has diseases, then it would be good to prune out earlier.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Should one remove these fans and branches that go with them at this point or wait for transition?

Let's say on the bottom 20/25% of the plant.
EnjoyingLife and @pipeline ,
If when I'm misting or watering lower branches/leaves are touching the soil, I shake the water off. If they don't lift back up then I will remove them.

This is my reasoning for not defoliating my plants other than dying vegetation. (Sunlight on a bud is not it's greatest source of energy) The fan/sun leaves are the biggest energy producers of the plant. Forming buds takes a lot of effort for the plant. *(Cannabis produces bud in direct proportions of the energy the plant has available. )*

Indoor growers will argue against this and they are wrong, plain and simple. If you are harvesting upper buds first, cut the meristem at that point and leave all the foliage on the bottom with it's buds for another week or two 😉 you will get better results.

*Remember, your plant doesn't produce more leaves than what it needs for it's environmental conditions * You need more light energy not less leaves. Many growers go about this the exact opposite way.

Yes if all you have is the bud. It will work tirelessly to heal the defoliation first. Then it will try to protect the seeds to maturity. You are gaining very little growth this way. Yes you will get bigger buds eventually. It's no where near the most efficient way.

But please do as you will, if you're happy with your system and you consistently have fun and get some smoke, God bless.

Time to mist and maybe water, have a wonderful day my friends.
Peace farmerlion

Latest posts

Latest posts