What's new

Farmerlion's; Just A Grow, Ya Know

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ps,
I did cull a beautiful male Highland Nepalese Grape x Auto Zamaldelica today. I let him go for 4 days to see what kind of structure he was going to have.
Flowering the first week of August with a very stout male having 9 weeks for making mature healthy seed would've been ideal. I culled a few other males last week. Today's male was the keeper of the bunch.

I will let my current Mother of Pearl male live thru the end of next week. I will hand pollinate to ensure every plant has a couple branches of seeded buds.
Peace farmerlion
Looking great those are going to yield well though. Let the grow tall. May have to chop the very top bud early becuase of condensation but thats alright.

Speaking of yields, seems like the pollination is going on for a long time to still have a good productive medicine garden. I just culled all the males and pollinated yesterday because I was told to chop when flowers are about the size of a pencil eraser so that the flowers are mostly seedless.

Looks like you will have lots of seed on some of those. Are some of the plants slower to flower, is that why you are waiting to chop the males in there?

EnjoyingLife

@pipeline
I don't think being in the ceiling is going to have and I'll effect. Condensation is the only adversary that I will encounter.

Hello friends, today is Honey Kiss smoothie day with a fresh egg in each bag that I collected from the neighbors chickens the last couple days. I will break up the pictures into two posts. I turned off two fans so hopefully the pictures of the small buds is clearer.
View attachment 18874747 View attachment 18874748 View attachment 18874749 View attachment 18874750 View attachment 18874751
I've seen these honey kiss melons in the stores and am curious what they taste like. But they remind me of cantaloupe or honeydew neither of which I like so I'd be grateful if you could tell me what they taste like.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I've seen these honey kiss melons in the stores and am curious what they taste like. But they remind me of cantaloupe or honeydew neither of which I like so I'd be grateful if you could tell me what they taste like.
I never took a bite. From the smell and the stickiness of the juice I'm sure they're very sweet. Maybe honeydew crossed with a pineapples kind of thing 🤔

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Pipeline, I've been waiting for the Blue Thai x Purpura Regina to throw some/more pistils to pollinate. The Blue Thai is just to spectacular not to have some f1's of her with the Mother of Pearl.

I'm hoping that she frosts up very nice through out the remainder of flowering. I don't smoke and what doesn't go into butter or salve goes into making hash and rolling a few hundred joints during football games. Having big beautiful buds to show off isn't important to me at all, bag appeal is only a blip on my radar.

As long as one Blue Thai x Purpura Regina plant produces good seed, I can cull the male anytime now. The female in the same bag as the male is heavily laiden with seed, the balance of the greenhouse is actually very sparse of seed.
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@pipeline
Hey brother after some thought about the male, you were right. There's no need to keep him any longer.
I collected pollen from all the branched and screened out the plant material. There will be plenty to pollinate a few branched on the Blue Thai x Purpura Regina in a week or so.
Still leaving plenty of time for the seeds to mature before harvest. The female Mother of Pearl is getting better afternoon light now, so that's a benefit through harvest.

I did a honeydew feeding today as well. The temp went to 110f then dropped back to 100f it will keep dropping now the rest of the evening.
Peace farmerlion
20230808_163014.jpg
20230808_163020.jpg
20230808_163028.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
It's not mold as you think of mold in a wall. It's fungus that works with the plants.
ROOT ROT is something completely different. That's from a solid plastic or ceramic type container that doesn't drain properly. Then the water sits and stagnated becoming anaerobic.

What I do is at the polar opposite end of that spectrum.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
I did the Strawberry smoothies first as the pineapple was frozen. By the time I'm done with this post it will be ready to cut up sitting in the sun in a bucket of lake water.

I did one large to two medium strawberries per blender full. This isn't the amount of water I need for a morning watering. As a prolonged watering soaks in it does a better job in soil saturation.

The temperature just passed 100f and climbing. The screen has been in place and the main door opened almost every single night since I installed the screen. The newly forming buds are reminding me of The Little Train That Could; slowly but surely they are growing. The full transition of hormones should be complete this week.
20230811_110426.jpg
20230811_110640.jpg
20230811_110658.jpg
20230811_110725.jpg
20230811_110731.jpg

Nannymouse

Everything is lookin good. Wondering if you stop feeding at some point...end of stretch? Or just keep feeding until chop?

Also, do you remember if your seeds from purple haze x Malawi were fem or regs? I didn't realize that there were two versions and didn't have it written in my notes.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Everything is lookin good. Wondering if you stop feeding at some point...end of stretch? Or just keep feeding until chop?

Also, do you remember if your seeds from purple haze x Malawi were fem or regs? I didn't realize that there were two versions and didn't have it written in my notes.
Hello my dear friend I believe all releases of/with the Purple Haze were female 💜 😉 you should grow some out and see.

I would also love it if you would do some of my Blue Thai over the winter so I could get some cuttings in the spring. They are so much faster. I want to do an Auto Zamaldelica cross with it.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Ok,
Now for the second feeding of the Fungal Repositories today. The temperature climbed to 115f and now a stronger breeze has picked up. It will drop the greenhouse temperature shortly. The girls are all doing fine, leaves up and praying to the sun.
I have used up about 40 gallons of water or so today, I will go refill my tank after this post. My rain barrels are full I could pull the water out of them and have room for some fresh rain water. The water bugs seem to like eating the moss that grows on the pineapple tops I have cut off to feed Repositories. They seem to be they're own happy echo systems and not be stagnant drums of anaerobic shit.
The water is clear but has a chlorophyll coloring and very little odor. Here is some pictures of the second feeding. So what's up with the Calphalon knife?
This F...ing masterpiece in cutlery has drawn my blood numerous times in the past 2 decades. I have cut up untold numbers of melons, pineapples and my body parts just bumping against this blade. If you want a high quality set of kitchen cutlery at a moderate price, Calphalon is what you are looking for.
Peace farmerlion
20230811_125819.jpg
20230811_125826.jpg
20230811_125835.jpg
20230811_125919.jpg
20230811_130009.jpg

Bio boy

Ok,
Now for the second feeding of the Fungal Repositories today. The temperature climbed to 115f and now a stronger breeze has picked up. It will drop the greenhouse temperature shortly. The girls are all doing fine, leaves up and praying to the sun.
I have used up about 40 gallons of water or so today, I will go refill my tank after this post. My rain barrels are full I could pull the water out of them and have room for some fresh rain water. The water bugs seem to like eating the moss that grows on the pineapple tops I have cut off to feed Repositories. They seem to be they're own happy echo systems and not be stagnant drums of anaerobic shit.
The water is clear but has a chlorophyll coloring and very little odor. Here is some pictures of the second feeding. So what's up with the Calphalon knife?
This F...ing masterpiece in cutlery has drawn my blood numerous times in the past 2 decades. I have cut up untold numbers of melons, pineapples and my body parts just bumping against this blade. If you want a high quality set of kitchen cutlery at a moderate price, Calphalon is what you are looking for.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18876185 View attachment 18876186 View attachment 18876187 View attachment 18876188 View attachment 18876189
Even got a like from @Timj lol he follows some good stuff I’d like to hear his views on tthis feed style ?

@farmerlion

so I have some strawberries past date and beetroot scraps you saying I won’t kill me plants if I make em into a smoothly ? That’s crazy lol love it

how about my beetroot tea I made with fish kelp and fungi and bacteria colony packs also had aloe in has sat 4days no bubbling and started to go dots of mould ontop green and white , so I was going to pour it down the drain as I hear over 48hrs and with no air it’s screwed , I waited too long to feed it checking if I would kill the plants feeding them it but now I am wondering if it’s stil useable ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Timj

Even got a like from @Timj lol he follows some good stuff I’d like to hear his views on tthis ?

so I have some strawberries past date and beetroot scraps you saying I won’t kill me plants if I make em into a smoothly ? That’s crazy lol love it

how about my beetroot tea I made with fish kelp and fungi and bacteria colony packs also had aloe in has sat 4days no bubbling and started to go dots of mould ontop green and white , so I was going to pour it down the drain as I hear over 48hrs and with no air it’s screwed , I waited too long to feed it checking if I would kill the plants feeding them it but now I am wondering if it’s stil useable ?
We have slightly different growing styles. So, I couldn't comment on your specific question about your tea. But, I think we are all achieving similar results. I build a living organic growing medium, similar to coots mix. I use my own thermal compost that is then run through my worm bins and serves as the humus portion on my medium. Indoors, my plants get top dressed with fresh worm castings mixed with kelp/crab meal and or other meals depending on the period in the plants life cycle. Outdoors my plants also get nettles teas during vegetative growth and dandelion teas during their flowering cycle. They just got some tea tonight.
I'm always interested in learning different techniques.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello friends,
Today as a watering the girls got an egg smoothie. These are all farm fresh in the last 2 to 3 days of collecting. This will give another boost to beneficial bacteria, next Tuesday a bag of Sea-90 will be delivered. The previous bag lasted four or five seasons for 5 pounds of salts.

This one has garlic extract infused to the salt for ranchers. It is supposed to help with biting Flys internally when fed to cattle. Let's see if it works with grasshoppers from the inside? There is still a lot of new growth to be grown, so I will be able to determine it's validity by harvest time. Here's some pictures from the feeding.
Peace farmerlion
20230813_163001.jpg
20230813_163022.jpg
20230813_163044.jpg
20230813_163053.jpg

Bio boy

Hello friends,
Today as a watering the girls got an egg smoothie. These are all farm fresh in the last 2 to 3 days of collecting. This will give another boost to beneficial bacteria, next Tuesday a bag of Sea-90 will be delivered. The previous bag lasted four or five seasons for 5 pounds of salts.

This one has garlic extract infused to the salt for ranchers. It is supposed to help with biting Flys internally when fed to cattle. Let's see if it works with grasshoppers from the inside? There is still a lot of new growth to be grown, so I will be able to determine it's validity by harvest time. Here's some pictures from the feeding.
Peace farmerlion
View attachment 18877013 View attachment 18877014 View attachment 18877015 View attachment 18877016
Doesn’t the garlic stop fungal stuff ? I use it to prevent mould ?

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Doesn’t the garlic stop fungal stuff ? I use it to prevent mould ?
Honestly I don't know, I was going to see if it kept grasshoppers from eating leaves? I was also curious if it added anything to the aromatics? Does it go to a cheesy funk? There is a big difference between mold and mycelium. Mold reproduces with airborne spores and is a surface contamination. I don't see there being any negative effects.

How is it you have so much mold?
Peace farmerlion

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my friends,
WOW is it a hot mother today in the greenhouse. While I was doing banana smoothies for the girls, the temperature climbed past 120 on the guage. My glass thermometer blew the top off when it maxed out. The plants are all doing fine in the heat.
I have 3 large fans on high and the door open with the new screen in place. There is a lot of air being moved at three different elevations inside the house. From the floor and the middle on the east side and out the top on the west side. After the smoothies the bags got a nice heavy watering to wash them down.

The buds are finaly getting to a size that you can see them without trying to do a close up. Nobody is here to see popcorn buds, so let the growth begin.
I have basically 7 weeks left to flower these plants. The Blue Thai x Purpura Regina are going to end up needing 10 more days. Maybe October will be gentle again this year.

Last season it was nice through the 18th. The two seasons before that we had snow and very cold temps set in on the 2nd and never left. I have been contacted by one podcast that wants to do a cover of the buds I grow. I said they get a three month cure before they get donated, if thats alright with you we can go forward with that part and interview after you have sampled.

I will leave it at that until it happens. I won't join in a video portion of the podcast since I'm in an illegal state to treat yourself or others. My only ambition is to share this style of growing so that the masses can have the chance to enjoy better chemical free medicines with amplified phenotypic expressions.

Have a great rest of your week.
Peace farmerlion
20230815_144425.jpg
20230815_160120.jpg
20230815_160138.jpg
20230815_160200.jpg
20230815_160206.jpg
20230815_160215.jpg
20230815_160233.jpg