What's new

Farmerlion's; Just A Grow, Ya Know

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Yes Pipeline you got it, I'm just looking for any communications at all, then I know in theory it's a sound hypothesis. It's not about having a 5 hour trip in the mirror. Much more safisticated equipment would be needed to do many HPLC testing, times and amounts of communication that has been achieved.

I thought the infection would come if I injected directly into the meristems at a node. I could risk one plant that way but I have to many people needing meds to risk the whole grow.
There will be a disclaimer as it is saying that I introduced mycelium integration in to the fungal repositories. I will sample from both control plants and from test plants as a crude measurement.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
What do those types of mushrooms generally feed on? Dead plant material and organic matter? I don't know that they are able to cause infection of living plants.
I chose many strains from equatorial areas. This is the environment that I can most accurately emulate outside of the light cycle. Many of my genetics have equatorial to sub equatorial genetics (Thai, South African genetics). Decaying vegetation is the broadest food source, with my fungal repositories it made the most sense to me.
Peace brother 🙏

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Don't judge a book by it's cover?

So that's where I started at when a 4 1/2 week old plant surpassed a plant that sprouted out of the soil as a volunteer Memorial weekendish maybe a day or two later.
It's now the tallest plant in the greenhouse today. Curious, I brought out my 10 power loupe and did some investigating 🔎 expecting if anything to see some male pre flowers.
I found one pair of pistils just popping out, Hmm? Most of the other plants will be close behind in pre flowering. I took a couple pictures with the phone camera through the loupe. It's not the hot ticket for macro pictures.

This plant is a Lebanese x Auto Malawi f1. It's the most lanky plant in the greenhouse, actively growing towards sunlight and away from and over other plants. You can see the purposeful bend in the meristem.
Peace farmerlion
Of course the pistils didn't show up in any of the bottom three pictures.
20230704_171523.jpg
20230704_171602.jpg
20230704_172532.jpg
20230704_172522.jpg
20230704_172104.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Three days ago on the 2nd it was 100 degrees of pure beautiful sunshine. This morning as we left the house at 630am to get the A/C fixed it was 35 degrees Fahrenheit! WTF is going on? Global warming is a HOAX, natural climate change is happening, it's getting colder.

Peace farmerlion

Nannymouse

Cracked me up with the comment about using the loupe.

So...would that be a chocolope that volunteered? Cannot recall what you said it might be other than that, but with the stretch, i would think 'sativa'.

I know what you mean about the cold. We had to turn on the heat last night. But, you sure cannot judge the world (hottest day, worldwide, ever recorded just recently) with what we get here. Oceans are getting very warm, too... I suppose just another thing that we don't agree on, but love yas anyway! Like i was saying, my county and the one just a few miles north, are at the top of the list of predicted 'best' places in the usa to live (less negative impact) in the next 20-50 years. One of the California wine grower experts even stated that northern part of our state is his prediction for best wine growing, in the coming years. Well, i probably won't be alive to see all that happen, but would be nice to hang on to the homestead for the grandkids, if Az becomes unbearbable (which it already is unbearable, ha)

Anyway, everything in your gh is looking great, as usual, i'm envious, as usual.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Blondie, it's entirely possible. If you look in thr loupe and inlarge the picture at the top you can see the two pistil tips just sticking out past the meristem. It's really early, by Sunday it should be clear what's what.
I had the fans off and using a stick for steadying support. I have a camera, but nothing to download the pictures to with my knowledge of my equipment.

Yes Nannymouse, I was being sarcastic about or 35 degree morning. Much love to you my dear friend.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good afternoon friends,
I have not taken the loupe back out yet to look at plants closer. Generally pollen sacks are raised on a tiny stem, this is half developed but still looks to me as pistils .
In other observations I did a beet smoothie for the girls yesterday and ran two larger beets through the blender in about 6 stages with a full load of lake water each.
I strained that through a 100 micron filter and reused the pulp in a smoothie. The 6 or so pitchers of water that were extremely influenced by red sugar, I added that into my 65 gallon watering tank. This morning I had a bright red cherry looking kool-aid (Tea).

I will use all this water in the next four days in the greenhouse, I misted heavy last night and this morning. All the girls are at least four weeks from germinated seeds and two bags are 5 to 6 weeks old of either volunteers or early sprouting seedlings. Here's some pictures in the greenhouse from the door.

Have a wonderful weekend my friends. We have our great niece's staying with us a couple days. These two are actually a joy to be around.
Peace farmerlion
20230705_155840.jpg
20230705_165356.jpg
20230706_113217.jpg
20230706_113259.jpg
20230706_113227.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Good Morning ICMAG 🙏

Today is fungal repositories feeding day. I purchased some beer and it was old/skunky crap. So off to the greenhouse it went, but I only had a 12 pack. So off to the bottle shop and bought a 30 pack of Genesee, now I have enough for two beer feedings.

I let them sit open overnight to let the alcohol evaporate out. Whole Cherries and pineapples are on the menu today. I will top the blender off with the red beet sugar water I made a day or two ago. The girls also got a heavy misting after the feeding this morning.
Have a wonderful day my friends.
Peace farmerlion
20230707_073946.jpg
20230707_074024.jpg

Last edited:

SolarLogos

@farmerlion your last image above, very near the bottom outside the loupe view, right side. The end of the leaf tip. Look just under the leaf tip. Looks like two small pollen sacks forming to me. Maybe the angle but looks like it to me. Anyone see what I’m looking at?
I suspect that the growth we're seeing on the right side is not a sex gland, but some unusual growth coming out. For some strange reason, I have them on quite a few different plants this year. When they are small, they resemble a male claw, but wait a little longer and they become leaves. They had me thinking males at first too, but I've seen them before; it's just been a while.

The one on the right in the back of this picture looks like a claw.
6-24b.jpg

Then they grow out and reveal themselves.
6-24.jpg

But, she was a girl.
6-24a.jpg

Sometimes they just try to fool us.

Looking great Farmer! Dang, your plants eat better than I do (at least healthier than I do);)

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
And again,
My screen savers on my phone and tablet have the protective shield and aren't very sensitive to write under pictures so I'll do multiple posts.
These are pictures of my f1 hybrid Highland Nepalese Grape x Auto Zamaldelica. The majority of these turned one month old yesterday on the 6th. They are staying squat and filling all space to utilize every drop of sunlight to the fullest.
Peace farmerlion
20230707_105010.jpg
20230707_105023.jpg
20230707_105041.jpg
20230707_105056.jpg

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
And again,
This double planted 35 gallon grow bag is a darker green color than the rest of the genetics. These are the Phitsanulok Thai x Ogers Kush aka Mother of Pearl. I'm hoping both of these plants are female.

Also hoping I get a vibrant male of the Highland Nepalese Grape phenotype x Auto Zamaldelica. Is my first choice of parental donors for this season. That should trim a few days of flowering time and bring on flowering onset a couple days earlier as well. These two plants are my early volunteers seeded last season that didn't come up and were replaced with different genetics.
Peace farmerlion
20230707_105118.jpg

blondie

Good afternoon farmerlion. Geez Louise you took me back to about 16 years old with skunky beer and genny no less! Been some time since I thought about genessee cream ale.

Great pics keep them coming. Have a great day my friend.

@SolarLogos
Edit: it almost looks to me like a partially formed nanner?
Great post. Great to see you active my friend.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
@SolarLogos
I have been fooled more than once trying/claiming something is female only to be wrong. I have also been tempted to cull what I was sure was a male and waited a few days to see pistils, glad I was patient and didn't cull anything.

There's always a few days to make dang sure you're right before pollination is an issue. Beautiful clear pictures my friend.
Peace farmerlion

Latest posts

Latest posts