What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary explo and his new mate, Cultimate 🦫

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
EC 1.42 mS, PH 5.7, 23.2C, 68% RH
Yesterday I gave them more light, and the EC showed that when I checked this morning. 0.3 mS eaten in less than 24H, that's about 15 ml of concentrated nutrient. I added enaugh to get around 1.7 mS, will probably need to go 1.8 mS very soon. I had to raise the light again. Plants are stretching, 2 of them almost caught up to the big one, just one is a bit more compact.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
1/3 of a day later, they are at 1.54 mS EC (down from 1.7+), PH 5.8. 23.6C, 70% RH
So I added enaugh to go around 1.75+ mS EC. gonna see tommorow how much they can eat again. They are also stretching like crazy! I need to raise light again during same day..
We could say .. it's going too good??!
Pics will come tommorow or on Monday. 🦫 :wave:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
EC 1.64 mS, PH 5.3, 24.2C, 72%RH
Seeing the PH drop I have given them some TerraAquatica Silicate to corect it. Not sure why the PH drop, tho. They maybe ate a lot of calcium overnight and that played with PH.

Now, some pics..
Front left:
1000035232.jpg

Front right:
1000035234.jpg

Back left:
1000035237.jpg

Back right:
1000035239.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Plants have started to show lots of preflowers and since the PH drop probably showed them eating lots of Calcium, I did a water change and set them right to go on with the preflowering stage.
As you can see in the feeding chart, recipe for preflowering stage is 50% Terra Aquatica NovaMax GROW, 50% Terra Aquatica NovaMax BLOOM. I set them to a lower EC at start, and now I am raising it slowly.
We are now at 1.55 mS EC, PH 5.7, 25.1C, 68%RH. Soon I will add a bit more nutrients and also the Terra Aquatica PRO BLOOM & Terra Aquatica SILICATE supplements. I want to slowly get to 1.8 mS range for preflowering. Plan is to do another water change for the flowering stage, once I see some buds formed.
A10_copy_1496x1025.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
We are now at 1.6 mS EC, PH 5.8, 24.8C, 71%RH. I added a bit more nutrients, both Grow and Bloom, and the Terra Aquatica Silicate additive, 16grams of it. I also added some ph down, because silicate will raise PH a bit. I am now waiting 1 hour for the solution to mix and then I will measure PH again, so I can correct it to around 5.7. Then final PH corection tommorow morning (if needed). Pic update will probably also come tommorow.
This is the silicate additive (powder):
1000035338.jpg

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
love it! they are really streching for that light
Hello @cellardwellar420 , thank you for coming by. They are indeed stratching like crazy. I already started training on the tallest tops, cause they were going past the light bars within one day from raising it.

1.73 mS EC, PH 5.9, 24.1C, 72%RH.
I added a bit more ph down. I am happy with the ec, will try to mantain around 1.75 mS.

cellardwellar420

Hello @cellardwellar420 , thank you for coming by. They are indeed stratching like crazy. I already started training on the tallest tops, cause they were going past the light bars within one day from raising it.

I added a bit more ph down. I am happy with the ec, will try to mantain around 1.75 mS.
One day? Jeez!

may i ask what PAR you are going for?

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
@cellardwellar420
I don't have an PAR meter but will tell you what the phone apps estimate is later when I update. I usually don't measure it, i go by plant looks and nutrient consumption, sometimes by temperature, too (lowering wattage when there is a heat wave).
I am sure more efficient growth is possible with hydro and I am looking at getting a PAR meter in the future, but for my first hydro grow I am happy with the results. I never had plants so happy and fast growing before.

cellardwellar420

@cellardwellar420
I don't have an PAR meter but will tell you what the phone apps estimate is later when I update. I usually don't measure it, i go by plant looks and nutrient consumption, sometimes by temperature, too (lowering wattage when there is a heat wave).
I am sure more efficient growth is possible with hydro and I am looking at getting a PAR meter in the future, but for my first hydro grow I am happy with the results. I never had plants so happy and fast growing before.
Allright😊, so exciting! You are mesuareing the PH everyday, does it drift so much in 24h? Thank you for all good answers, i really apprechiate it! They do look great🤩🤩

Absorber

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Allright😊, so exciting! You are mesuareing the PH everyday, does it drift so much in 24h? Thank you for all good answers, i really apprechiate it! They do look great🤩🤩
Except for the time the gone from 5.8 to 5.3 because eating too much Ca recently, the most swings are within 0.2 PH points per 24H, and is caused by them eating the nutrients. Once the PH is set after water change, it is very stable.
I also checked with Photone app, and it says tops get 500 to 900 ppfd, depending on height and location. Ofc, it's nowhere near as accurate as it should be, I think the real value is probably a bit higher, cause my eyes hurt even when looking twards the general direction of the light. And we are just around 50-60% on the dimmer.
Looking good nice and healty :groupwave:
Thank you, @Absorber !

Absorber

Except for the time the gone from 5.8 to 5.3 because eating too much Ca recently, the most swings are within 0.2 PH points per 24H, and is caused by them eating the nutrients. Once the PH is set after water change, it is very stable.
I also checked with Photone app, and it says tops get 500 to 900 ppfd, depending on height and location. Ofc, it's nowhere near as accurate as it should be, I think the real value is probably a bit higher, cause my eyes hurt even when looking twards the general direction of the light. And we are just around 50-60% on the dimmer.

Thank you, @Absorber !
Ive used the same photon app on my phone and cross checked it with my lux meter and it was pretty much on point so much so i just used to use my phone instead of my lux meter .
Its also handy for calculating DLI

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Start to practice supercropping, on the biggest autoflower ever in hydro i had to make more than 120 breaking points. It will be fun xD
Won't that stunt them?

Ive used the same photon app on my phone and cross checked it with my lux meter and it was pretty much on point so much so i just used to use my phone instead of my lux meter .
Its also handy for calculating DLI
Is it a top tier/newer phone? I use an older one and it says it wasn't calibrated by them for this sensor so it's just an aproximation.