What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary explo and his new mate, Cultimate 🦫

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello @negative37dBA ! Thank you for checking on my thread! They do look good now, and eating a lot, about 0.1 mS EC per day, which translates to about 5 ml of highly concentrated nutrient per day. The Terra Aquatica Novamax line of nutes is so concentrated it weights 1.42 kg per liter, and so dense it clogs my lab grade pippettes when i try to draw from the bottles. Since density is 1.42, that means in 5 ml there are about 2.5 grams of pure nutrients the plants are consuming in 24H.
I also checked and the roots are down into the water on the 2 bigger plants. For the other two plants (the ones that I replaced a week or so ago), roots just coming out of the hydroton at the bottom by now.
I never seen plants grow so fast, and so healthy till now, already have to add nutrients almost everyday to keep EC steady around 1.4.
EC 1.35 mS, PH 5.8, 24.3C, 61% RH.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
There is no recirc pump in this system it works with airpump,/compressor

Same concept just connected to a main res

aquafarm-large-3712133155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for coming by, @tobedetermined & @WHIPEDMEAT , the system is simple yet well designed, seems to work great. I check 2 diferent buckets for EC and PH once in a while, so if I see any diferences I will know there is a circulation problem. But I think the flow is designed to be slow and steady, and since there is always same level of nutrients and lots of air in each bucket, roots shouldn't search to escape through the connectors/hoses. I guess we'll see. So far I have nothing to complain about regarding the Terra Aquatica Cultimate 4 pack system, other than maybe the air pump/compressor is a bit too loud. But I understand lots of air is needed, so I guess it is expected to make some noise.

Here is the installation video (from Terra Aquatica) if you want to see how it works:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
We are at EC 1.45 mS, PH 5.7, 23.8C, 54% RH.
Going good, the smaller plants that were replaced 2 weeks ago (front left & back right) started to grow more and catch up to the others.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Pretty accurate report man, cant wait to see the flower stage! :smokeit:
Thank you, man! Me and the beaver also waiting for the flowering stage! :woohoo:
BTW, I am writing the numbers so often so I have a record of what and when I did so it will be easier for me next time I try hydro. While it might help others, too, it's good to have the details timestamped here so I can check them when I need.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello @tobedetermined , thanks for the visit!
I will fully change water when going from veg to flower recipe. but none of that change water once a week thingie I see recomended online. the water doesn't smell at all, the roots are white and there is no deposits anywhere except where the water splashes and evaporates. I think the fact the system doesn't let light in helps a lot with keeping it clean. At first I was thinking I might need an inline UVC filter to kill off nasties, but doesn't seem it will be needed. I do use a 3 stage filter and the UV-C filter to clean the rain water before using it, I bet that helps, too.
Also, at this stage they drink and evaporate about 20 liters of water a week, so it is naturally replaced gradually with fresh, filtered rainwater.
The "V6" compressor makes sure water is continously aerated and on the move, another important thing keeping the system clean.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Good. Watch the water carefully. Without a chiller, you are working with room temperature water, so 23-24C and anything above 18-19C can be problematic.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I think it's good up to around 25C, but i had it a bit over 26 during the heatwave and it was ok.
Dissolved-Oxygen-vs-Temperature-Chart-360x180.jpg

I do look at the roots from time to time. I also go by smell, water thats going bad smells.
The temps outside are supposed to stay like this from now on, and will even go down till I get to late flower, so I hope that will keep me safe. I can't wait to do next try over the cold season, to have no worries, tho! :D

Latest posts

Latest posts