What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Diary explo and his new mate, Cultimate 🦫

negative37dBA

Veteran
Nice to see the show is rolling along well. WOOT. Watching with gr8 interest....
michael-jackson-popcorn.gif

Dam that system looks nice. Washed hydroton gets me going....
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

Attachments

• michael-jackson-popcorn.gif
    michael-jackson-popcorn.gif
    112.3 KB · Views: 20

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello @negative37dBA , thank you for joining in!

We are at EC 1.15, PH 5.8, 24.3 C, 60% RH. They do show some spots (mostly on the 3 smaller seedlings) that I am pretty sure is from the too low PH I was keeping that locked P, but they growing and will probably bounce back very soon. Lesson learned, keep PH around 5.8! Another lesson I learned is to use bigger seedlings or clones next time. I put the small ones a bit too early in the system.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
EC 1.08 mS, PH 5.9, 24.2 C, 66% RH.
Looks like the PH is getting more and more stable. I will soon add some nutrient to get back around EC 1.2 and PH as needed.

Later.edit: We are now at EC 1.17 mS, PH 5.9, 26C, 60% RH.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
We are now at EC 1.16 mS, PH 6.0, 25.8C, 66% RH. The bigger plant and one of the smaller ones already show healthier new leaves and fast growth. The other 2 should get fixed soon as well.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Numbers are looking good. Love that humidity number. Be nice if I could get mine somewhere close to that.
Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello @negative37dBA , thank you for coming by. I bet the RH is even better near the drippers/plants, since water is brought up by air under pressure, that humid air and drips keep a nice microclimate in there. I probably need to defoliate the lower part a bit in flower. To not risk any mold or mildew. Have a great time as well! :wave:
We are now at EC 1.15 mS, PH 6.0, 26.2C, 63% RH.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
We are now at EC 1.22 mS, PH 5.8, 25.3C, 67% RH. (added a bit more of Terra Aquatica Novamax GROW and PH'd this morning)
I also replaced "Front Left" and "Back Right" plants with healthier seedlings. The 2 ones I transplanted initially were not recovering as fast as the other ones.

Group pic:
GROUP1.jpg

Front left (replaced with new seedling):
FL1.jpg

Front right:
FR1.jpg

Back left:
BL1.jpg

Back right (replaced with new seedling):
BR1.jpg

Uludag

Chat Moderator
I bet the RH is even better near the drippers

Hey man my buddy El Pollo Diablo had this idea to get extra water near small plants when you start them in hydroton.

You need a 3 way piece and one little piece of tube. he called it "Pinkler" in german hehe what means something like little piss dripper.

Mofo Bewässerungsring.jpeg

Maybe that can help if you can find the 3 way piece for your system so you got the water more evenly.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Not a bad ideea @Uludag , if I find a 3 way piece I would rather just connect the 2 outputs and drive them to the center near the roots for the first few weeks (as the Terra Aquatica loop is not flexible and I don't want to cut it anyway). Or maybe I can just find 2 flexible hoses that go over the output connector and put them where I need them to be for the start.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Few days have passed since last pics so I took some quick ones:

Group pic:
group.JPG

Left side:
left.JPG

Right size:
right.JPG

Top view:
top.JPG

I also spread the lightbars more, raised the light power, cleaned the bottom nodes off old leaves to keep it tidy and clean, and will up the EC to 1.4 mS soon.
We are now at 1.22 mS, PH 5.9, 23.8 C, 58% RH.

Latest posts

Latest posts