What's new

Ethiopian sativa

Sensistar42

Thanks for sharing your 2 Ethiopians from seed @strain_hunter :) looking forward to follow their development.

@Sensistar42 flowers will need at least 2 months of curing to properly define their psychoactivity. Glad you are finding different effects in early smoke tests suitable for different moments.

Thanks for the update @El Timbo I can appreciate the big trichomes on the fatty calyxes even from the shade!

Buen inicio de verano ☀️
Agreed, I had to do some early tests for 1 to get a spot in the next round. 😊

strain_hunter

IMG_6411.jpeg

IMG_6428.jpeg

Day 22 after switching

early_bird

Veteran
Seems that your new coco setup works well for you.
How often did you top her?
Already super happy with growing in coco.
Can´t say how often i topped, the plant was older and had already multiple tops from the start.
Would be more happy if more than 4 would have stretched out, but the plant seems like to have one or two dominant coalas.

strain_hunter

Should I start feeding this strain on soil after seeing first signs of deficiency or give them mild doses before?

It is in a 4 liter pot, that I want to replace a few weeks after flowering.
Today is day 23 after switching lights to 11/13 and growth is speeding up.

IMG_6449.jpeg

early_bird

Veteran
Should I start feeding this strain on soil after seeing first signs of deficiency or give them mild doses before?
It is in a 4 liter pot, that I want to replace a few weeks after flowering.
You start feeding before, you don´t want them to show lack of nutrients.
But it´s usally not a big issue to correct it then if you watch carefully and react immediately.

A big point is, you have to learn it first.
For me as a new grower it worked very well to let them show the lack of nutrients and i reacted, carefully watching how and when. So i felt like i got experience faster.
Learning by doing errors, little ones which i can control.
And adjust in the next grow to what i have learned with happier Plants next time.
3-4 Grows this way and you know what to do.

As more experienced you become in the process as better you are able to avoid signs of deficiency right from the start :)

strain_hunter

You start feeding before, you don´t want them to show lack of nutrients.
But it´s usally not a big issue to correct it then if you watch carefully and react immediately.

A big point is, you have to learn it first.
For me as a new grower it worked very well to let them show the lack of nutrients and i reacted, carefully watching how and when. So i felt like i got experience faster.
Learning by doing errors, little ones which i can control.
And adjust in the next grow to what i have learned with happier Plants next time.
3-4 Grows this way and you know what to do.

As more experienced you become in the process as better you are able to avoid signs of deficiency right from the start :)
Thank you.
My other plants showed defencies after a month in my 4 liter pots.
Then I will start wirh a mild feeding around 0.65 EC short before on one plant.

Sanjuro

Hi guys, @dubi

I have noticed some Ace Ethiopians have apricot/nectarine like smells in veg.

Do you guys know how the effect is on those types?

I’m going to put my first two Ethiopians flowering in few weeks time – woody citrusy plants one a bit more darker green than the other. It’s also little darker woody smelling. Smaller plants. In only about 3 liters of canna soil

I have to mention again, how amazingly compact these stay in 2dl starter cups till they show sex. It’s like growing some generic skunk hybrids, SHH or what ever! They stay so compact. I never expected them to behave this nicely in a small grow space, a part from one more wild one out of 18 seeds i have germinated so far.

I could do a 50 seed veg- pheno hunt in a 1m x 1m tent no problems at all, using 2dl starter cups!

Sanjuro

I mentioned earlier how most of my Ethiopians are staying very manageable in small cups in veg.

Here are four Ace Ethis in 2 dl cups. only 23watts of one 3500k cob and some supplemental led light

The seeds were germinated in late April, so 3 months ago.

These plants are only around 25cm/10 inches tall.

The plan was to keep them small till they show sex and it was so, so easy.

It’s almost strange how compact they stay in small cups. They have been quite close to each other too and still haven’t stretched much at all. Very tight internodes, i would say.

But they do start to stretch, like your plants have done, once you plant them in bigger pots and once you put them flowering. They start to look like real sativas. I’ll show you two girls around the weekend. Two weeks in 12/12 by then. My camera ran out of battery just now.

I could fit many of these guys in 1m x 1m tent and look for the better ones...and so can you!

full

Attachments

• Ace ETH 3 months.jpg
    Ace ETH 3 months.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Sanjuro

Here are the two Ace ETHs that have been two weeks in 12/12.

They kept themselves just as compact in veg for moths as the veg plants in the photo i just posted.

They aren’t tiny any more, that is for sure. They start to look and behave like real sativas.

From their 2dl cups – where they spent 3+ months during which they had been topped once – they were potted into 7dl pots of soil and coco mix and vegged for few weeks so i could take cuttings. Then topped many times till they started to look the way i wanted and then potted into 3,5L of Canna Professional soil and vegged for 2½ weeks more.

BioBizz nutrients for flowering.

They have more than doubled their size during the first 2 weeks of 12/12. They are just starting to form tops, #1 seems littler faster than #5. I’ll keep dropping the light cycle towards 11/13 during the next month.

ETH #1

The stem rub smell is darker spicey woody, piney ..sort of little “hazey” and floral perfume and citrus. This one may have a rich aroma when the buds are done. Hope the high is nice as well.

Leaves are darker green and it has some purple stripes on her stems but’s it’s not the most purple stemmed kind you can find in these seeds. Taller pheno, different type than #5 thou they both have some woody citrus smells.

55cm tall from the top of the soil

Ace ETH 1 - 2week-2.jpg
Ace ETH 1 - 2week.jpg

ETH #5

This one is a beast, not the wildest plant in the line but it grows really nicely. branches out really well when you top her. To me it shares traits with the plant Dubi posted in the thread opener.

Lighter green stems, really strong stems, with pink-red patches on them. Leaves are lighter green on #5 compared to #1 which was more obvious when they were younger than in these photos.

#5 is sweeter citrus blossom than #1 and the woody note isn’t as dark as on #1. The smell on the stems of #5 isn’t as complex as on the other one, it’s more fresh woody and floral citrus sweet.

60cm tall from the top of the soil

Ace ETH 5 - 2week.jpg
Ace ETH 5 - 2week-2.jpg

Sanjuro

The ETHs have been flowering almost 4 weeks

The stretching is slowing down. ETH #1 is 86 cm from the top of the soil ETH #5 is 90cm

Photos aren’t the best but you get the idea. the tops are #5 (Photos are labeled #1 but that's a stoned mistake. The tops are #5)

This week 1,2ml/L of biobizz Grow and 1ml/L of Bloom has been on ok level, i'd think. also some calmag, seaweed extract, enzymes

(edit. ETH#1 on the right but they all over each other in the middle. Tent is 60cm wide for reference )

Ace ETH  - 4week.jpg
Ace ETH 1 - 4week.jpg
Ace ETH 1 - 4week-.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts