What's new

Ethiopian sativa

Sensistar42

Thanks for sharing your 2 Ethiopians from seed @strain_hunter :) looking forward to follow their development.

@Sensistar42 flowers will need at least 2 months of curing to properly define their psychoactivity. Glad you are finding different effects in early smoke tests suitable for different moments.

Thanks for the update @El Timbo I can appreciate the big trichomes on the fatty calyxes even from the shade!

Buen inicio de verano ☀️
Agreed, I had to do some early tests for 1 to get a spot in the next round. 😊

strain_hunter

IMG_6411.jpeg

IMG_6428.jpeg

Day 22 after switching

strain_hunter

Should I start feeding this strain on soil after seeing first signs of deficiency or give them mild doses before?

It is in a 4 liter pot, that I want to replace a few weeks after flowering.
Today is day 23 after switching lights to 11/13 and growth is speeding up.

IMG_6449.jpeg

early_bird

Veteran
Should I start feeding this strain on soil after seeing first signs of deficiency or give them mild doses before?
It is in a 4 liter pot, that I want to replace a few weeks after flowering.
You start feeding before, you don´t want them to show lack of nutrients.
But it´s usally not a big issue to correct it then if you watch carefully and react immediately.

A big point is, you have to learn it first.
For me as a new grower it worked very well to let them show the lack of nutrients and i reacted, carefully watching how and when. So i felt like i got experience faster.
Learning by doing errors, little ones which i can control.
And adjust in the next grow to what i have learned with happier Plants next time.
3-4 Grows this way and you know what to do.

As more experienced you become in the process as better you are able to avoid signs of deficiency right from the start :)

strain_hunter

You start feeding before, you don´t want them to show lack of nutrients.
But it´s usally not a big issue to correct it then if you watch carefully and react immediately.

A big point is, you have to learn it first.
For me as a new grower it worked very well to let them show the lack of nutrients and i reacted, carefully watching how and when. So i felt like i got experience faster.
Learning by doing errors, little ones which i can control.
And adjust in the next grow to what i have learned with happier Plants next time.
3-4 Grows this way and you know what to do.

As more experienced you become in the process as better you are able to avoid signs of deficiency right from the start :)
Thank you.
My other plants showed defencies after a month in my 4 liter pots.
Then I will start wirh a mild feeding around 0.65 EC short before on one plant.

Sanjuro

Hi guys, @dubi

I have noticed some Ace Ethiopians have apricot/nectarine like smells in veg.

Do you guys know how the effect is on those types?

I’m going to put my first two Ethiopians flowering in few weeks time – woody citrusy plants one a bit more darker green than the other. It’s also little darker woody smelling. Smaller plants. In only about 3 liters of canna soil

I have to mention again, how amazingly compact these stay in 2dl starter cups till they show sex. It’s like growing some generic skunk hybrids, SHH or what ever! They stay so compact. I never expected them to behave this nicely in a small grow space, a part from one more wild one out of 18 seeds i have germinated so far.

I could do a 50 seed veg- pheno hunt in a 1m x 1m tent no problems at all, using 2dl starter cups!