What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

durban poison micro

doams

hey guys,

So today this seed of durban poison fem from dp popped above.
First time ever started seed in pure coco.
ph 5.9 ec zero.
few hours old seedling:
2wq7fx2.jpg

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
well theres half a cookies , whats the grow consisting of? we need some deetz,p

doams

week later:
first nutes introduced @25 ppm two days ago ..
also she was moved further down from lights yesterday not sure about that tip burn tho..maybe high temps or something its been around 30 C lately and was really very little water added who knows..
dhb7yc.jpg

doams

Cool. How did you prep your coco?

boiled distilled water for like 15minutes then let it cool a bit and added to coco let it sit for like 10minutes then put coco onto net to get rid of water pressed it a lil bit too. put coco into youghurt cup with holes at bottom then dome was put on top of that cup runoff ph was @5.9.

chronosync

What nutrient do you have?
What ppm/ec is your tap water? Or will you be using distilled? or RO?

I advise you to continue feeding your seedling gradually as you are, just a bit from the bottm and just a bit from the top. Practice judging the moisture content of the coco by feeling the weight of the cup as it dries out in between waterings/feedings. Be very careful not to get it too wet and be extra careful not to keep it wet. Until it has good roots and can start to take care of itself, you must go easy.

Start feeding @ 200ppm/0.4ec immediately.
Increase strength gradually to 300ppm/0.6ec

When roots are poking out the bottom you can start feeding more often and running off a lot if you want.

chronosync

Some will say its too low strength to start, if it looks pale bump it up to 350ppm and ramp from there

I mean if it starts to look pale, like in a week.

Last edited:

doams

What nutrient do you have?
What ppm/ec is your tap water? Or will you be using distilled? or RO?

I advise you to continue feeding your seedling gradually as you are, just a bit from the bottm and just a bit from the top. Practice judging the moisture content of the coco by feeling the weight of the cup as it dries out in between waterings/feedings. Be very careful not to get it too wet and be extra careful not to keep it wet. Until it has good roots and can start to take care of itself, you must go easy.

Start feeding @ 200ppm/0.4ec immediately.
Increase strength gradually to 300ppm/0.6ec

When roots are poking out the bottom you can start feeding more often and running off a lot if you want.

she was already looking very bright green two days ago..thats why added this 25ppm strenght..
using boiled distilled water @zero ppm.
nutes:
DUTCH-1-GROW-WEB-300x300.jpg

and they suggest 1ml/l.
grow-advanced-hydroponics-of-holland.jpg

will try that and measure ppm agree that 25ppm is way low.
and that tip might be like underfeeded first sign but isnt it too early for plant to show it she should like feed off catelydons or something but what do I know?

will raise ppms and be back later.

thnx.

chronosync

Yea, you can let it eat the cotyledons and then start feeding, but coco has pretty close to zero nutrients for plants. One benefit to starting mutes asap has to do with feeding your cocos cation bank.....

What kind of coco? Eh nevermind since you boiled it you probably destroyed any buffer it was given, feeding nutes will replace it, but over time and you will probably see more like those tips as the coco tries to find a balance.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Hey doams,

I love that Durban Poison, it's on my list of strains I want to grow. Who'should DP is it? What are you growing in? A cabinet or tent? What kind of lighting and ventilation are you using? Is this your first grow?
:lurk:

Arf

I have grown Nirvana, African Seeds, and Dutch Passion, Durban Poisons. The Nirvana and African Seeds version were thin leafed from the start. The Dutch Passion started off fatter dark leaves like some indica in it, not much branching, the other two had a lot more branching. All 3 strains stretched a bit, not too bad if you don't veg them for much more than 4 weeks. The Dutch Passion gave the best yield, like a SOG phenotype, and had the best aniseed smell which is a Durban trait,

doams

Hey doams,

I love that Durban Poison, it's on my list of strains I want to grow. Who'should DP is it? What are you growing in? A cabinet or tent? What kind of lighting and ventilation are you using? Is this your first grow?
:lurk:

Hey ReikoX,

Yep its DP.
its micro pc cabinet
lights currently on two 25w cfl.
ventilation stil need some fixing tbh but its on a to do list asap
/need to resetup my carbon filter which is currently not operating as intended due to lack of effort./
Ive grown in it few times with not much luck keep on trying tho!

edited.

Last edited:

doams

update

durban looks better after 16 days from first post..
currently @220ppm maybe give her a lil bit more? she looks hungry or am I seeing things?
2lthi53.jpg

12363w2.jpg

and say hi to this b vanilla kush will grow her together with the durban.
shes @220 ppm diet too since yesterday to prevent deficiency shes in slightly smaller cup than durban maybe ill repot her later dunno yet..
30aqgys.jpg

chronosync

Hey both seedling look good and healthy. The Durban is a sativa right? Sativas or sativa dominant should like a lower feed than a kush/indica so id keep it snazzy at 300 even for a bit, its good your going slow, plus i dont ever try to push them so young either.

I was also wondering where you got the seeds :)

doams

just current state update and some thoughts:

durban is getting bigger and bigger each day /too big for my space/.

thinking about topping durban and cloning the topped part.
shes getting too big maybe ive used too much coco in that cup or its maybe this time ive been using proper! nutes or both
really like the amount of coco shes in is like a mass of three soaked jiffy pellets good to know that its a bit more than needed for my limited space of vertical 20 inches!

With a mass slightly bigger than a jiffy plants will be really the size I prefer.
good thing is vanilla kush is in exactly that mass of coco!:)

since its my first time cloning ever..it will be interesting
but it doesnt look that hard.
ordered some ROOT!T cloning gel already.
the topped clone off durban will go straight into coco cup with dome over it. will spray it /with pure distilled or mild feed is better? water/ to keep it wet daily..
wish me luck :biggrin:

Last edited:

chronosync

Sounds like you're on the right track.

Clone the cut its pretty easy in coco cups. Mist the dome to keep humidity up but not the cuts, they need that only in the roots. Start the coco moist but not soaked, try to keep it that way, but soaked cups take longer to root if at all. Set it and forget it. There's a few threads on here that talk about it more.

Good luck

doams

Sounds like you're on the right track.

Clone the cut its pretty easy in coco cups. Mist the dome to keep humidity up but not the cuts, they need that only in the roots. Start the coco moist but not soaked, try to keep it that way, but soaked cups take longer to root if at all. Set it and forget it. There's a few threads on here that talk about it more.

Good luck

thnx for the tips!
updates as soon as the rooting gel arrives maybe in 2-3 days..

doams

so was super busy today preparing everything

durban is @24days from seed and starting to flower! im running 12/12

prepared coco in ph5.7 and 190ppm with bloom nutes.
topped the durban she alredy started to flower but nvm.
10zu44m.jpg

it was not the cleanest cut but cleaned the cutting knife in iso alcohol so it should be good.

after ive topped the cutting went fast /in like 3 seconds/ into water let it there for like a minute
and prepared the hole and filled that hole in coco full with rooting gel and placed the cutting into gel.
15xa2om.jpg

you can see a lil bit of light burn coz she was alredy like 1inch from lights..

detail
11t2883.jpg

lowered lights to just one 25w cfl to make it nice and cool under the dome for that little cutting
u9fyh.jpg

hope you enjoyed.

will spray inside of that dome once a day to exchange air inside..
feel excited about this lets see how she will be in like a week.
:tiphat:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts