What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

durban poison micro

doams

I am gonna broke those lens on my 12&15w /12w is cold,15w is warm/ LEDs with hammer!
gently ofc btw currently there are those Leds with lens on and also one lonely 23w CFL.
too bad that dont have dremel /my christmas wish lol/.
im just gonna put it into towel and hit it after that I will remove little pieces left @sides with pliers /another new word for me!/.
:D
hope there is no "poison gas" inside these LEDs???
is there?
seriously..

btw found this but no idea what to get from it
LindeTable1.jpg

http://www.ledsmagazine.com/article...a-key-role-in-led-manufacturing-magazine.html

Last edited:

doams

btw just got an idea to separate the unused space in pc and put a mother or few seedlings there then just move em to flower part
this will speed up the harvests right?

the case is big enough for that me thinks. will need another timer and some leds hm..
im gonna think about it :)

chronosync

No no that's just a high tech article about how they use all that stuff to make led chips etc, there's no gas in those bulbs......."bulbs" in fact. They are a bitch to open sometimes I've only cracked a few myself, I guess plugging them in for s bit could help.

chronosync

Ahh wait, there's a trick one of those guys BL ynx?

They said to drill two holes, opposite enough to put a rod through, like a skinny screwdriver. And twist it off

doams

thx chronosync for clearing this up.
btw ive opened both bulbs had to hit it really! hard with hammer but it did not broke into small pieces its not glass eventually it came off after it been hitten few times. /imagine those pingpong balls it behaved the same way.. it did not broke just deformed the shape of bulb allowing it to came off easy it felt off alone/

will post some updates later today how things are looking currently..
stay tuned.

doams

this is how it looks after lens on those leds were removed
picture.php

picture.php

I expect to see good things happening to durban buds in like a week..
picture.php

as you can see removed some burned tips with scissors..
anyway starting to add some seaweeds to nute mix as of today :)

better view at the situation
picture.php

will reposition those lights like this: 15w led /warm light/ will be pointed @durban
12w led /cold light/ will be @vanilla
23w cfl will be @top

plenty of unused space right?
working on it as stated earlyer gonna put more lights/leds/ in and use empty front space for more plants next run.

chronosync

Ahh yes now where were we? They look nice man. I know they will grow with light and nutrients and air. I forget what you are feeding tho

doams

hm currently @600ppm will start to go up to 800 slowly next weeks feed will be @700 coz there is enough light now when the lightning is upgraded.
more light = more they will eat right?

im feeding em advanced nutritients of holland bloom + micro and starting to add also seaweed from now on
they are @day 56 from seed as of today..

this is like the first day of the rest of theirs life with these leds
:D

really feel excited about this finally fixed grow space after years of shit/no air exchange at all + temps crazy high + tons of ona gel used/
there is no more need to use ona which is awesome!

I did not expect to work it this good at all but it is working great!
:)

M

Mr. Sparkle

hm currently @600ppm will start to go up to 800 slowly next weeks feed will be @700 coz there is enough light now when the lightning is upgraded.
more light = more they will eat right?

True but i'd stay at 600 till you start to seeing that they need more, might be surprised that they probably won't need to go higher, just consistent waterings.

Could be wrong but better safe than burning them :tiphat:

Keep it up.

doams

btw I will lower those lights base so leds will be better pointed @both plants.
probably its not needed but will do it instead
btw2 these are 300 angle leds

doams

True but i'd stay at 600 till you start to seeing that they need more, might be surprised that they probably won't need to go higher, just consistent waterings.

Could be wrong but better safe than burning them :tiphat:

Keep it up.

thx for tip will stay @600 for now then :)

doams

just a quick view how are girls doing under LEDs.
its day 58 from seed for both plants

durban responds good to LEDs starting to get some frost
a3ozdw.jpg

vanilla still not really there yet
plan to remove some leaves blocking the light to get those few bud direct light..
24ljukz.jpg

edit:
already manicured leaves that were in the way of light gettin to buds on both plants no photo about that tho but hopefully there will be updates photo in few days or so..

Last edited:

doams

durban 5 days later @day 63 from seed
smell is earthy anise pine very good cant wait to vape her!
v7sile.jpg

doams

Wasnt expecting these bonus side/lower branches buds at all.
Will not ressist and take one of these buds off to sample her prob in a week.
she smells so good have to taste her :D

29olgg7.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts