What's new

Do-it-yourself Haze

OldCoolSativa

18 Weeks

I greatly appreciate the comments, folks. Thank you.

We approach the end of this grow, and I've been high as fuck. A few weeks ago I unplugged one my the two 320-W LED COB fixtures, and in addition to the 10.5/13.5 light cycle, I think this really sped up the finish for these last two long-legged girls. I I harvested the NH18 cross at 18 weeks, and now the only remaining plant is the outback haze #1 cross, which will probably be harvested at 20 weeks. As I expected, these two longest flowering plants bring effects that are, in my opinion, the best of this very excellent batch.

Outback haze #1 x (NH21 x MML) - This one is still going strong at 18 weeks and the buds continue to stack calyxes and swell. The effect is extraordinary; the girlfriend experienced orgasm synesthesia after we had partaken some of this herb; something that only happened to her one other time after we had smoked some primo 20-week Colombian punto rojo x mangobiche.

F125 OH1.jpg

F125 OH1 cola.jpg

(NH18 x MM) x NH21 x MML) - This one could've gone a bit longer, as the tips of her dreadlocks were still covered in white calyxes, but she was otherwise ready. I'd much rather have a sativa taken a bit early rather than too late. All buds but the apical cola had stopped swelling, so it was time. This bud is the leading candidate to take on a church aroma; I'll know for sure after a bit of a cure.
F125 NH18.jpg

F125 NH18 cola.jpg

F125 NH18 cola 1.jpg

olday

Veteran
Late to the show but this is a fantastic thread, thank you for sharing! I’m not sure if there are common ancestor but so far my Grinspoon was the only NLD so far that came close to that beautiful bud structure. There really seems to be a link between the amazing effect and length of flowering time in here, in Grinspoon case 18 week and could have gone a little longer.
D16E6A74-AB98-4529-9773-36540E6F65F1.jpeg - Click image for larger version  Name:	D16E6A74-AB98-4529-9773-36540E6F65F1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	53.0 KB ID:	18038317

Piff_cat

Late to the show but this is a fantastic thread, thank you for sharing! I’m not sure if there are common ancestor but so far my Grinspoon was the only NLD so far that came close to that beautiful bud structure. There really seems to be a link between the amazing effect and length of flowering time in here, in Grinspoon case 18 week and could have gone a little longer.

She is beautiful fuzzy red stems! Or glaborous in science talk lol. Grinspoon is soo relevant she is either nevil haze outcross, s1 bag seed, maybe an outlier f1 Ojd has confirmed the nh ancestry but here's some phylogenetic work which corrorated ojd. The last pics I found on haze thread sry can't remember who's. But that's o haze x oaxan aka demon latcher Insane resin coverage

Attachments

• photo2095779.jpg
    photo2095779.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 100
  • photo2101737.jpg
    photo2101737.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 103
  • photo2101738.jpg
    photo2101738.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 97
  • photo2101739.jpg
    photo2101739.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 106
  • photo2101740.jpg
    photo2101740.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 105

OldCoolSativa

21 Weeks and Done

The outback haze #1 cross is pretty much done at 141 daya, into her 21st week of flowering. She's such a beautiful plant. And her effect is spectacular. I've been smoking the shake I got from the seeded buds and it's just really great weed, euphoric, delicious, potent, and very long lasting with no tolerance build or harsh come down. Smells are difficult to describe. Sticking my nose in the cola the first thoughts are citrus/grapefruit and wood or pine, but on top of something not very floral. More like over a musky smell. Not skunky or unpleasant at all, just decidedly not floral. I'm in love with the fenotrigo bud structure.

This plant is the star of the show. Really extraordinary herb. I wish I could share it with all of you.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F141 OH1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	18048872

image_2104643.jpg

g0dzilla

ICMag Donor
Veteran
21 Weeks and Done

The outback haze #1 cross is pretty much done at 141 daya, into her 21st week of flowering. She's such a beautiful plant. And her effect is spectacular. I've been smoking the shake I got from the seeded buds and it's just really great weed, euphoric, delicious, potent, and very long lasting with no tolerance build or harsh come down. Smells are difficult to describe. Sticking my nose in the cola the first thoughts are citrus/grapefruit and wood or pine, but on top of something not very floral. More like over a musky smell. Not skunky or unpleasant at all, just decidedly not floral. I'm in love with the fenotrigo bud structure.

This plant is the star of the show. Really extraordinary herb. I wish I could share it with all of you.

Bravo. She's beautiful.

OldCoolSativa

Thanks ojd. I really appreciate that you got hold of Nevil's magnum opus and offered to share it with the community, that you found a great male in the NH21 x MML cross, and I'm super happy that you selected a long-flowering one at that. Unlike almost all other breeders, you have selected toward longer flowering haze plants - and that's where the magic happens. I'm really impressed that two of the four females I grew from your seed stock show such an outrageous fenotrigo structure after a good, long, tropical-sativa-style flowering period. Not surprisingly, these plants also have the best effect and the best aromas and flavors. Especially with haze, you really give up on the very best effects if you try to shorten the flowering time.

This isn't Original Haze, it's Primal Haze™. And it's superb, connoisseur herb.

Here's a summary of the flowering time and dried bud yield of each plant.
  • Vietnam #1............................ .............................. 88g.............14.5 weeks
  • Vietnam #2............................ .............................. 62g.............14.5 weeks
  • Outback Haze #1 x (NH21 x MML).................116g..............21 weeks
  • Outback Haze #2a x (NH21 x MML).................96g..............16 weeks
  • Outback Haze #2b x (NH21 x MML).................76g..............16 weeks
  • NH18 x (NH21 x MML)....................................130g.............18 weeks

Last edited: