What's new

Dabney Blue or M39? debate inside!

Dusty Bowls

I wanna know why DabneyDog didnt just post up when he was at MrNeverminds house and MrN was telling him about all the drama on the internet about his girl? Who knows anyway this fake cut is a ****in beast and I love it.

G

You obviously didn't catch the pun Dusty ... but then I didn't expect you to ... Aren't you busy getting spanked by your buddy scay beez ? http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=1257187#post1257187 ... and I thought if you had it ... it was For Real ? Your friend is trying to Break you off some Truth Dusty. This is the time to keep your Mouth Shut and Listen to what's being said. What's happened to the danimal who was once ok in my book ? Can we bring him back or is he Lost up your ass ... with your Head ? I really used to enjoy chatting with you too.

Last edited:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Don't know what it is about elite cuts that brings out all the Drama Queens. Maybe that is why I don't really care about elite cuts. My Jedi,P-91 and Afghan Bullrider handle most of my patients. The Ak-47,C-99 and Trainwreck get most of the rest. Everything else is fluff. I am a seed whore and strain whore like a lot of you, but space is at a premium and, if you are going to stay semi-legal, you can't grow them all. Is this about bragging rights or is it growing good weed that we can all enjoy? If I get a good cut, all my friends will have it. I don't keep anything exclusive so that I am "The Man". Weed is meant to be shared, and in my case,to be used as medicine. Anything else is uncivilized!

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

This shit is unbelievable.

Look folks, many of the world's top growers come here to share their work, and many of these guys are my friends. Many of these guys have a cut called Dabney Blue, and guess what??? They're all the same exact clone. I believe the Dabney I had, Rez has, ograskal has, etc, etc, etc, are the real Dabney. So why all the fuss??? I'll tell you...

The fuss is over whether or not it's really that good. Growers with less experience will find Dabney to be great smoke, smelling berry-ish and yummy. Experienced growers will think of it as an M39 with less appeal.

I can see organic Dabney smelling (to some) sorta like blueberries, the same way M39 does. Organic Dabney DOES smell like berries of some sort, but it's not the perfect blueberry smell... that part has been imagined by zealous growers.

The fact is... many of the best growers all have the same cut, all from different sources, all called Dabney Blue. Once it got into the circle of growers who grow M39, we all knew this was of the same exact breeding as M39, which is Slunk#1 x Northern Lights #5.

If there IS another cut out threre called Dabney Blue, and it IS different than the one ALL OF US have, I can now say I'd be entirely surprised. No one seems to have any photos of the "other" Dabney Blue. But there seems to be PLENTY of photos of this M39 look-alike out there.

One nose will smell blueberries, while another will smell cherries, while another will smell none of the above... This is a fact. No two noses seem to agree on a pot smell, everyone smells this stuff with a different twist. So I believe the Dabney Blue was named by someone who thought it smelled like blueberries to him, and a certain percent of folks thereafter have agreed, while others don't agree.

Years ago, I grew a plant (from seed, didn't cone it) that was unmistakeably blueberry in scent... Dabney can be CONSTRUED as smelling like blueberries, but it's NOT the end-all of blueberry plants. You need an imagination to smell it as blueberries.

I've grown (as this thread shows) the M39 and Dabney side-by-side, and they are different, slightly. But guess what??? When finished right, the M39 will smell much better than Dabney will. And... M39 yields better, and a better product to boot.

If you always wanted the M39 clone, but all you have is the Dabney, well, it might be the closest you can get. Dabney is (IMO) a slightly lamer version of M39.

So, until there's solid proof that there is a Dabney out there different from what all of us have, I will believe that we all have the real Dabney, and that it is only thought to be a great strain by those who have not had enough experience with TRULY great strains, or have only been smoking sub-par quality herb. It wouldn't be the first time hype was circulated by novices who HONESTLY believed a mediocre strain was amazing.

In closing... Dabney is as good as any other slightly above average weed, and with an imaginative nose, you might find it to smell like blueberry muffins. And... with M39... you'll need slightly less imagination to find it to smell like blueberry muffins, but an imagination nonetheless.

cc

Last edited:

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
That's a good summary and one I can agree on. I never grew Rez' M clone, but if that's your feedback I trust it. There are a lot of strains with Skunk1 and NL linage, so we'll never know if Dabney is really M39 seed or something else. Dabney is nice, but it is not a jar I reach for on a regular basis. I do smell a blueberry smell, but even if it was overpowering it would still not be my total bag... I'm not really into sweet or fruit. I prefer danker smells like fuels, musks, skunks and odd stuff like that.... but fruit it is a nice change of pace every once and a while. btw. Lemon is in it's own class, IMO, I dont consider that to be fruit weed smell.

repost of the only dabney pic I have left, almost done:

Thanks for a good thread cc.

peace to all,
m

G

Crazy Composer said:
Ahh ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

This shit is unbelievable.

Look folks, many of the world's top growers come here to share their work, and many of these guys are my friends. Many of these guys have a cut called Dabney Blue, and guess what??? They're all the same exact clone. I believe the Dabney I had, Rez has, ograskal has, etc, etc, etc, are the real Dabney. So why all the fuss??? I'll tell you...

The fuss is over whether or not it's really that good. Growers with less experience will find Dabney to be great smoke, smelling berry-ish and yummy. Experienced growers will think of it as an M39 with less appeal.

I can see organic Dabney smelling (to some) sorta like blueberries, the same way M39 does. Organic Dabney DOES smell like berries of some sort, but it's not the perfect blueberry smell... that part has been imagined by zealous growers.

The fact is... many of the best growers all have the same cut, all from different sources, all called Dabney Blue. Once it got into the circle of growers who grow M39, we all knew this was of the same exact breeding as M39, which is Slunk#1 x Northern Lights #5.

If there IS another cut out threre called Dabney Blue, and it IS different than the one ALL OF US have, I can now say I'd be entirely surprised. No one seems to have any photos of the "other" Dabney Blue. But there seems to be PLENTY of photos of this M39 look-alike out there.

One nose will smell blueberries, while another will smell cherries, while another will smell none of the above... This is a fact. No two noses seem to agree on a pot smell, everyone smells this stuff with a different twist. So I believe the Dabney Blue was named by someone who thought it smelled like blueberries to him, and a certain percent of folks thereafter have agreed, while others don't agree.

Years ago, I grew a plant (from seed, didn't cone it) that was unmistakeably blueberry in scent... Dabney can be CONSTRUED as smelling like blueberries, but it's NOT the end-all of blueberry plants. You need an imagination to smell it as blueberries.

I've grown (as this thread shows) the M39 and Dabney side-by-side, and they are different, slightly. But guess what??? When finished right, the M39 will smell much better than Dabney will. And... M39 yields better, and a better product to boot.

If you always wanted the M39 clone, but all you have is the Dabney, well, it might be the closest you can get. Dabney is (IMO) a slightly lamer version of M39.

So, until there's solid proof that there is a Dabney out there different from what all of us have, I will believe that we all have the real Dabney, and that it is only thought to be a great strain by those who have not had enough experience with TRULY great strains, or have only been smoking sub-par quality herb. It wouldn't be the first time hype was circulated by novices who HONESTLY believed a mediocre strain was amazing.

In closing... Dabney is as good as any other slightly above average weed, and with an imaginative nose, you might find it to smell like blueberry muffins. And... with M39... you'll need slightly less imagination to find it to smell like blueberry muffins, but an imagination nonetheless.

cc
:) I feel yea, but I think my dabney x True Blue is a keeper, she smells so good, don't know about the yeild though ....
Day 45 very indica

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
OH GAWD!!!

OH GAWD!!!

I'm glad I didn't read through all this from the begining.I think discussing elite clones is more trouble than it's worth.It ends up gettin nasty.Shitfire yall, that aint what we're here for....why does it really matter anyway? life's too short,move on to somethin that's gonna do somebody some good! Fer what it's worth that's my 2 cents. Yall take care...BC

Last edited:

Dusty Bowls

Chemdog D on the left Dabney on the right....3 more weeks...

19237MG_0295_Large_.JPG

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am running this cut right now-at day 46 as we speak. i have never run m-39 before, so i cannot speak to that, but i have run a number of commercial blues and blue crosses. I feel very strongly this is NOT a blueberry cut. okay, im just trying not too sound like a knowitall-it IS NOT blueberry. CC brought up a very good point about it being easy to confuse the early smell of her with blueberry if you have never grown blue. matter a fact, between day, uh 18 and 23(app.) i was thinking she was blue, not because she smelled blue, but she had a smell that every blue strain ive ever grown exhibited BEFORE becoming a blueberry smell. pre-blue if you will. but as she has ripened, she has become very cherry and very much like sweat! anyone else finding that body odor smell under the fruit? we have taken to calling her boberry(b.o.berry)! anyway, i will have pics up soon, she looks like a very nice yielder and very good trichome coverage. anyone got any updates?....sub

p.s. i feel bad not having photos up yet, but i can assure you this is the same cut others are growing. she looks identical.

Last edited:
T

terran2

Crazy Composer said:

So, until there's solid proof that there is a Dabney out there different from

cc

Grew out a pack of NL/BBerry recently which out of 12 females got only one keeper...but what a keeper she was . None of the others compared to this and formed more running spear shaped colas while this one did more of the puff-ball style buds . Haven't smelled anything this good in years but is slow to develope & finish and just haven't dialded it in as yet .Just growing out the f1's which have very thick stout stalks , fast roots & huge roots , and stay very dark green with low nutes & very resinous ...if it only would stack up more . But those who have sampled it have raved on about this one , just hope i have the space & patience to keep this one around :redface:

would just love a good cut of M39 ...will post a pick up here soon
;o(

Last edited:
T

terran2

[b] The Keeper NL/BB ...F1

The Keeper NL/BB ...F1

Its still early but this isn't going to win any prizes for yield so far unfortunately ....imagine the strong aroma of Blueberry pancakes with sweet Honeysuckle syrup and very very resinous @ the end .

Amazing scent/aroma & a smoke that almost coats the palate & pure joy to smell in the jar.

*Even in Coco this plant needs feeding only once every 5days & mild at that ...staying evergreen and stacking up slowly .

nlblueberrytr1.jpg

Last edited:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
finally got picks

finally got picks

here we go-these are at day 59-will take her sometime in the next week-have not smoked much of her-a branch broke off at50 days or so-only hit a couple bowls and few vrips so far....good little stone. again-the cut i have is not blue, period(big surprise huh?)seems like it would be a good commercial strain....will judge in a month or so. anyway, a few pics........sub

this last one is an organic sidebud of my bros:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice dusty! how many days you go? i took my earlier then i wanted to, needed the space(62 days) figured they need at least 70 for peak. what smell you got with her?

P

pSi007

i think the posts with the first pictures look almost identical, man.... go with your best choice... I`m the kinda guy that can walk into a field of 30 different kinds of genetics of bud, and out of 400+ plants i can pick the 30 out to almost 100% accuracy. i`ll say, you can fool me with those two.

T

terran2

On the subject of NL5 x Skn1.....(or M39)

On the subject of NL5 x Skn1.....(or M39)

On the subject of NL5 x Skn1.....did anyone catch the sept issue of HT and the piece they did on m39 ?

btw , nice looking work there ,
(ya crazy ganja growers ! ;o)

Last edited:

wickyd

So in the end I would sum this thread up like this... If Dabney and M39 are the same... who cares. If Dabney and M39 are different... who cares. There are assholes acting like assholes, assholes acting like nice guys, nice guys acting like assholes, nice guys acting like nice guys, and everything inbetween. Business as usual on the cannabis boards. :)

CC- Thats the best thing I've heard on the forums yet. HAHAH *knucks* respect.

Latest posts

Latest posts