What's new

Dabney Blue or M39? debate inside!

Croissant

in some parts of canada it is hard to get anything but m39... and it has nothing sweet or berryish about it. It smells and tastes very spicey with undertones of black earth and mustyness. with high is very indica red eyes kinda spaced out stupid look on your face couchlock kinda weed. It depends on the stength or when it was picked if it was in a good spot of course. It is not euphoric like blueberry... ive never tried dabney blue. It seems as if somwhere there was a mislabelling. m39 is not dabney blue that is for sure.

whiterabbit9

Veteran
ya the m39 thats floating around

quebec gold / big bud / m39

beasters

spicy floral smell

light green (fools fools, light green weed = good)

look at the orange hairs!!!

lol

worse is sometimes it's pretty expensive, and yeah, it's the only thing we get

smoke it in the day, might as well go to sleep

we have nothing else, except
friesland(freezeland)

lol
that gets old quick

but I have found some connects for homegrown strains yay

sometimes wet.... what a shame.......

Cannabean

some of my dabney that has been curing for a few days. cut at 62, flushed for 14 days.
never had or seen m39 so i can't comment :bashhead:

D-9

well i never grew M39 but i smoked it. and to me its a bit different than the Dabney Blu i grow. my Dab smell's just like Blueberry muffin mix the most blueberry tasting and smelling strain i ever smoked.

these girls are just 2-3ft. plants.

hpim9378.jpg

hpim9380.jpg

hpim9386.jpg

and here is a bigger one about 4ft. i notice a little extra veg time goes a long way when it comes to the end yield. :dance013:

hpim8326.jpg

hpim8328.jpg

I'm a bit confused here ...

In one thread i've read something along the lines of :

"shiva skunk is the closest thing you can still buy seeds of to m39... Shiva skunk smells like skunk road kill ..."

Then I read in this thread too:
"my m39 smells like berries..."

Now I know there are different pheno's , of course. But this seems to be a stretch ...

Is the lineage of the real m39 NL#5 x Skunk#1 ??

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
its NL#5 x basic 5...basic 5 was said to be a pheno of nl#5 in clone only form floating around holland in the 80's

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
so this thread just ended like that?
The pics Slips had, of 'wonkanobes' cut looks like something completely different.
D-9's pics look different as well IMO

I had a cut of dabney blue, and it was without a doubt the most blueberry smelling and tasting weed ive ever smoked/grown... It tasted so fuckin good, i really do miss it...
It tasted more like blueberry then the DJ shorts blueberry cut that he 'released' or whatever

KRD

Yeah smoketrees we must have had the same cut of dabney, because I ran djs bb for about a year and it couldnt touch the dabney in the bb department.

The Revolution

Veteran
Ive been looking for a good dabney info thread. After this thread, Im even more confused. It seems there are some real dabneys going around. I had the Dabney years back but lost it to rippers. Also seems there an M39 hybrid going around.
One thing I did before I lost the dabney was i hit her with pollen from a pure afghan, partly to recreate the dabney in seed form, and also partly to try to figure out where the dabney roots were. Ive grown out a few seeds this season, and made some f2s. I plan to grow out the rest of the of the f1s and a couple hundred f2s next season to begin a BX project. I will be back with some data.

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
Ive been looking for a good dabney info thread. After this thread, Im even more confused. It seems there are some real dabneys going around. I had the Dabney years back but lost it to rippers. Also seems there an M39 hybrid going around.
One thing I did before I lost the dabney was i hit her with pollen from a pure afghan, partly to recreate the dabney in seed form, and also partly to try to figure out where the dabney roots were. Ive grown out a few seeds this season, and made some f2s. I plan to grow out the rest of the of the f1s and a couple hundred f2s next season to begin a BX project. I will be back with some data.

thats funny bro. My dabney had seeds from a afghan. (had a male in my vegroom, and it pollinated preflower calyx on the dabney)
I used a male from the dabney x afghan on quite a few things... Anyway i just thought it was a humorous coincidence :tiphat:

nvthis

lol, this thread was just exhausting... Thought I would never get to the end of it. Not sure if I am disappointed, or what?

Well, I'm still searching... Any 'real' Dabney left out there?

The Revolution

Veteran
thats funny bro. My dabney had seeds from a afghan. (had a male in my vegroom, and it pollinated preflower calyx on the dabney)
I used a male from the dabney x afghan on quite a few things... Anyway i just thought it was a humorous coincidence :tiphat:

I used a very stable IBL. The Afghani traits stand out, and its very easy to see the difference in the two. I only grew out a few of the f2s this year. Ive got way too much on my plate this season, and ive put this project on hold.

Buddy Holly

dabney and m39 definitely aint the same. m39 kinda sucks imo, good outcrosser if you want to add bulk to something but on its own its boring as shiite. dabney aint much better but its chill smoke. nothing great, think people make more of that one than its worth. much better bb cuts out there.

Latest posts

Latest posts