What's new

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
And now it goes a step further as Zelinsky was the first person to unite the senate in a way we have not seen in a long time. Trump was happy to screw Ukraine for his master - Putin. United republican senators applauding Zelinski were a big backfire (one of many) for Mr. "I could shoot someone in Time Square and get away with it". Not only are we helping Zelinsky, but he has helped us by bringing people back to their senses.
Well I'm not so sure about that, from what I've been hearing in the news it's only republican's in the house that are wanting to cut aide to Ukraine. All the Senators seem to be more then happy to help Ukraine because that means big defense spending coming into their states and I think the military industrial complex tends to donate more to senators then to Congressmen.

moose eater

The proposal up here during the oil bribery and money laundering convictions was that they ought to wear team jerseys with patches of their contributors (owners) on them, like NASCAR drivers.

MIght just change the way in which folks feel about the shallow rhetoric, if they had a more clear vision into the real games being played, versus the less than sincere verbiage tossed to the cameras, microphones and gullible rubes.

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
Well I'm not so sure about that, from what I've been hearing in the news it's only republican's in the house that are wanting to cut aide to Ukraine. All the Senators seem to be more then happy to help Ukraine because that means big defense spending coming into their states and I think the military industrial complex tends to donate more to senators then to Congressmen.
the senate senses the trump time is ending
that's what makes them senators, keen perception of the odors on the political wind
the knives are prepared and the time to strike has arrived

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
easier to deal with a hundred than four hundred and thirty-five...hard to keep track of who's been paid.
That plus realistically it's the senate that makes the laws at least usually it's rare that the house will totally defeat a senate passed bill and when it comes to military spending the Military industrial complex is not afraid to buy people on both sides of the aisle so that if there is any resistance from one party they have enough people in their pocket to overcome any resistance usually. Plus I'm not saying the Military Industrial Complex doesn't buy any House Representatives I just think they focus more on the senate. I could be wrong though. I mean it's rare that you ever see strong resistance to bills for Military spending, it usually means good money flowing to lots of states.

moose eater

Robert Reich has some very real concerns about Clarence Thomas, but I suspect proving Thomas' impartiality is in question, sufficiently to prove a violation of the law, is a stretch at best, I think. Especially since it would be the same SCOTUS ultimately hearing such an allegation down the road.

• Sad
Reactions: Gry

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I saw this headline in the News today.

Russian State TV Hails Rep. Lauren Boebert For Refusing To Stand For War Hero Volodymyr Zelensky​

Can't just tie her down on the big table in the chambers and give a televised public flogging for being an idiot ?

moose eater

Being an idiot is increasingly becoming what is expected of our representatives.

It's like they're trying to push each other to say and do more stupid things than the next.

Many people have forgotten what being in Congress is actually about.
Most voters vote for name-recognition, party affiliation, and C-grade sound-bytes. It guarantees the scum floating to the top. The brilliant and balanced are rarely egotistical enough to blow their own horns or seek questionable power or authority.

So we get Herschel Walker, Kanye West, Donald Trump, and those on the D-side of the aisle to match them, who had no business owning a dog or raising children, let alone running a Super-Power Nation made up of how-many ethnic sub-groups.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I saw this headline in the News today.

Russian State TV Hails Rep. Lauren Boebert For Refusing To Stand For War Hero Volodymyr Zelensky​

Can't just tie her down on the big table in the chambers and give a televised public flogging for being an idiot ?
i could see her tied down on a table...:chin::whistling:

moose eater

pretty sure Thomas would NOT be allowed a vote on THAT decision, no matter how "impartial" he claimed to be. "no man may sit in judgement of himself" it could be a 4-4 tie...i suspect Roberts has an opinion on this subject, and others.
I'd hope you're right, but the SCOTUS let him sit in on the Citizens United decision, despite Thomas staying at the Koch's private country club home for a Federalist Society mtg, -while- CU was on the docket. How many cases are you aware of where the judge was permitted to stay in the home of a plaintiff or defendant DURING the trial?

I think you have more faith in their policing of themsevles than I do. As far as I can tell, no matter which branch of government one addresses, the whole thing is run by egomaniacs who perceive themselves as above the law, and are more or less unhinged from anything you or I might believe to be 'normal' or acceptable.

Again, I hope you're right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.