What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Criminal indictments coming for Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hempy McNoodle

I learned…in my youth…there is no arguing with fanatics of any sort. They never lose arguments….in their pickled minds.

You’re a fanatic

The paradox of tolerance says that I must become intolerant of your fanaticism.

Where’s Berry today Hempy?
That's a nice cop-out.

There is no "paradox of tolerance," lol. You just want to claim to be tolerant (a virtue), without actually being tolerant.

buzzmobile

Veteran
There is no "paradox of tolerance," lol.

Paradox of Tolerance​

Philosopher Karl Popper described the paradox of tolerance as the seemingly counterintuitive idea that “in order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance.” Essentially, if a so-called tolerant society permits the existence of intolerant philosophies, it is no longer tolerant.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran

Paradox of Tolerance​

Philosopher Karl Popper described the paradox of tolerance as the seemingly counterintuitive idea that “in order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance.” Essentially, if a so-called tolerant society permits the existence of intolerant philosophies, it is no longer tolerant.

Fake News!!!!!!

Hempy McNoodle

Paradox of Tolerance​

"Democratic Theory Series"

I didn't mean to suggest that there aren't intolerant people out there who actually believe this. But, as is the case for most of the things they believe, it is an incoherent and erroneous belief.

Hempy McNoodle

"Democratic Theory Series"

I didn't mean to suggest that there aren't intolerant people out there who actually believe this. But, as is the case for most of the things they believe, it is an incoherent and erroneous belief.
Hitler felt that the Jews should not be 'tolerated' much as some of you believe Americans (anyone who isn't 'woke') should not be tolerated.

buzzmobile

Veteran
1660237399326.png

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
Hitler felt that the Jews should not be 'tolerated' much as some of you believe Americans (anyone who isn't 'woke') should not be tolerated.
I believe fanaticism should not be tolerated…or used as a guiding light

You are a fanatic…demonstrating cult like behavior

The things you repeat and pretend to believe are geared for fanatics.

Stop playing this stupid game.

Woke? The Great Awakening? Paradox or Parallel?

O I see the conspiracy just fine : monkey see monkey do

attention attention attention a tent shun

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
anyone may think as they like, hold any position however flawed. you may not be allowed to ACT on your beliefs however, if that would deny others their rights. feel free to think about whacking your neighbor with a softball bat when he fires up the leafblower at 7:00 am. (i know i do) but walking into his yard carrying said bat will not work out in your favor legally. this is NOT intolerance. philosophy okay. actions, maybe not. nobody may act on all of their beliefs with impunity.

Hempy McNoodle

anyone may think as they like, hold any position however flawed. you may not be allowed to ACT on your beliefs however, if that would deny others their rights. feel free to think about whacking your neighbor with a softball bat when he fires up the leafblower at 7:00 am. (i know i do) but walking into his yard carrying said bat will not work out in your favor legally. this is NOT intolerance. philosophy okay. actions, maybe not. nobody may act on all of their beliefs with impunity.
But, then don't call yourself tolerant. It's one thing to not tolerate certain people. But, then you lose the cred to call yourself tolerant. Simple. Right? It's like if a person says they aren't racist except in the case against (insert any racial group) they clearly deserve it! lol. You are no longer against racism, in the case of such an example.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
….but they can fake their beliefs for public appeal. Shock value even.

Jericho Mile

Grinder
Veteran
But, then don't call yourself tolerant. It's one thing to not tolerate certain people. But, then you lose the cred to call yourself tolerant. Simple. Right? It's like if a person says they aren't racist except in the case against (insert any racial group) they clearly deserve it! lol. You are no longer against racism, in the case of such an example.
….you can not be wrong or questioned. Cult behavior 101

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Remember your trying to explain common sense shit to those that never understood how that works.. They will never agree with anything you post.

moose eater

If you don't "know the truth about much of what goes on" (as you claim), how can you claim to be able to prove anything to be true or false or that the people I support never tell the truth? Seems like you need to review your logic.
He was simply admitting to your similar level of ignorance, but he was wise enough to identify his deficit. Others here seem to be blind, but claim full-sightedness.

A wise person knows that he does not or may not know. A fool continues pretending he does.

Though I did appreciate that one of the more striking, staggering, earth-shattering headlines claiming Trump's innocense (likely in all things, no doubt) came from a source referenced as, 'The Cat Box'.

Having had cats decades ago, I can only imagine the quality of items to come out of The Cat Box.

Seemed rather fitting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.