What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Golden Diesel Long Flowering Purple Colombian Pheno

Golden Diesel Long Flowering Purple Colombian Pheno

Tonight, Im sharing a particular Golden Diesel(Classic Seeds Colombian Gold x Sour Diesel) plant that I think is worthy of being shown off. This is one of the longest flowering phenos to be found. Over 120 days at this point. Could be 130 perhaps. Yield will be atrocious, but damn is she beautiful. Those Deep Purple fan leaves rival even that of the Durban Poison. I look forward to crossing her with a DP male. Should be some colorful offspring.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
One last shot of a recent DP. This girl has already been harvested around Day 90. We will get to see some finished bud pics before too long.

picture.php

This is one of two Durban males Ill consider for using for the next generation. I had about 12-14 males from my latest batch to select from, and these are the two that stood apart from their brothers. Quite a few males got eliminated because they would flower under 18/6 light schedule. Not a full on flowering, but enough to drop sacks and pollen. That just wont do, so those plants get eliminated quickly. Males that dont flower under 18/6, get bumped up to a 17/7 to further test for flowering tendencies. Eventually we end up at 16/8, and any males left at that point who still haven't dropped pollen are good enough to be considered for selection after passing various other criteria. Branching, compactness, symmetry, stem-rub smell. Once the males are flowered we can look for other defining traits as well. I also want to use some FLOREL to get each male to express female characteristics to check for terp profiles, and resin production.

picture.php

picture.php

You may notice two of the lights are out of service in the middle of the reflector. Whenever Ive ran all 6 bulbs, eventually any plant that gets within 6-8 inches of the lights becomes chlorotic at the top from too much light. Since reducing the light, I can get my plants closer to the light while still maintaining health of the fan leaves. Downside is plants further away may end up growing a bit slower, but my rooms are already bursting with plants, so I dont mind slowing their growth down a lil.

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Hi Dave,

your Golden Diesel is beautiful,
Congrats!

hey Nico! :wave:

Glad you like her. Classic did me a favor when he gifted me this line. Ive got 5 more Golden Diesels in flower atm. 3 favor the Colombian side quite a bit, one heavily favors the Diesel, and the last one is a nice mix of both parents. We'll probably see a few shots of them down the line as they further develop.

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
The Colombian side and the mix should be interesting too, I m waiting for pics.

For your males, I notices that you have Florel; I have ethreton (same; ethrel), I will use it soon to reverse an Ultra Platinium Cookies male and a few others.
What proportion please, one drop by liter? I don t remember how much ppms... 25u?

:tiphat:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
The Colombian side and the mix should be interesting too, I m waiting for pics.

For your males, I notices that you have Florel; I have ethreton (same; ethrel), I will use it soon to reverse an Ultra Platinium Cookies male and a few others.
What proportion please, one drop by liter? I don t remember how much ppms... 25u?

:tiphat:

I honestly dont remember what rates Ive used before. Its been so long. Have you read through the thread Sam started on it? I think you'll be able to find some usage rates in there. I would recommend using multiple clones of each male @ multiple rates to try and find the best balance. Are you applying via root drench or foliar? I believe most do foliar, but Im curious how well a root drench will work.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Another DP harvest plant @ Day 90ish

Another DP harvest plant @ Day 90ish

Ive got another DP lady I wanted to share. She's already been cut down less than a week ago, and is currently hanging in the closet. She's the one who had an N fade begin around Day 35-40. I wasn't able to stop it completely, but I did manage it and got what looks like some decent nugs. She may actually end up being the best yielder. She had a classic xmas tree shape with lots of branches of golfball nugs. Sadly didnt get alot of color on her fan leaves. This happens whenever the N fade hits too soon. Still got leafy buds on this girl though even with lower fert levels. At least they're loaded in resin glands. Will make for some nice trim.

This girl has a strong anise terp profile to her, as do several other sisters. More anise smelling plants from this batch than previous ones. Those are the ones Im really looking for. Good start so far. Now if I can get some strong anise plants with better bud structures.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

therevverend

Veteran
Awesome, awesome work. Durbans have always been rare in my part of the world, I always heard about exotic South African strains but rarely were they the real thing. The copious amounts of resin is impressive I was wondering what it's like, tactile-wise. Looks dry and granulated but impossible to tell from a photo it could just as easily be wet and sticky.

Nico Farmer

Authentic Strains Farm
Great trichomes pics + this girl is beautiful!

I honestly dont remember what rates Ive used before. Its been so long. Have you read through the thread Sam started on it? I think you'll be able to find some usage rates in there. I would recommend using multiple clones of each male @ multiple rates to try and find the best balance. Are you applying via root drench or foliar? I believe most do foliar, but Im curious how well a root drench will work.

Yes I have read the whole thread, and I don t remember exactly too; I will check my notes.
Nice advice, multiples clones are the best option. I will applying via foliar; I think root drench can work but with less efficiency; ethilene production could be better on the right zone of the plant (sexual attributes area, between stems and trunk).
A test is possible, will see!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Awesome, awesome work. Durbans have always been rare in my part of the world, I always heard about exotic South African strains but rarely were they the real thing. The copious amounts of resin is impressive I was wondering what it's like, tactile-wise. Looks dry and granulated but impossible to tell from a photo it could just as easily be wet and sticky.

Thanks Reverend! Its a shame there isn't more Durban in your area. Maybe its time you started growing your own :)

The last time I shared some Durban with a friend, he raved about how tacky/sticky it was. Of course, if the buds are dried out too much, the heads become dry and make for excellent sifting. Last time I sifted some buds, the sift had a purple hue to it. I should get a photo of that next time.

Great trichomes pics + this girl is beautiful!

Yes I have read the whole thread, and I don t remember exactly too; I will check my notes.
Nice advice, multiples clones are the best option. I will applying via foliar; I think root drench can work but with less efficiency; ethilene production could be better on the right zone of the plant (sexual attributes area, between stems and trunk).
A test is possible, will see!

Thanks Nico. Glad she came out alright in the pics. I was in a bit of a rush when I took them.

I hope you'll share your results with reversing your males. Could be useful info for all of us looking to reverse males. I really need to get onto it myself and stop procrastinating. :biggrin:

therevverend

Veteran
The last time I shared some Durban with a friend, he raved about how tacky/sticky it was. Of course, if the buds are dried out too much, the heads become dry and make for excellent sifting. Last time I sifted some buds, the sift had a purple hue to it. I should get a photo of that next time.

Dry Ice works great no matter what kind of resin you're sifting. Once it's cold enough it'll slide easily through the screen. I used to sift primarily in the winter when temperatures were cold, otherwise some types of resin would clog up my screen and I'd have to use a brush to get it through.

Love the resin colors after sifting, something all the other types of extraction miss out on. I sifted some White Russian one time, it produced beautiful silver resin. There's some strains you don't see their real value until you start playing around with screens.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Dry Ice works great no matter what kind of resin you're sifting. Once it's cold enough it'll slide easily through the screen. I used to sift primarily in the winter when temperatures were cold, otherwise some types of resin would clog up my screen and I'd have to use a brush to get it through.

Love the resin colors after sifting, something all the other types of extraction miss out on. I sifted some White Russian one time, it produced beautiful silver resin. There's some strains you don't see their real value until you start playing around with screens.

Ive tried out dry ice a few times before, but each time I come away with massive amounts of contaminants. The DI pulverizes the material and alot more junk ends up coming through the screen. Granted It was an old silk screen that had become worn out and I probably did it for too long. Ive got a trimming tray now that has a built in steel mesh screen that would probably deliver better product if I gave it another go. Any tips for a novice?

That silver dry sift sounds amazing. I bet it'd be a sight to behold. That reminds me one time I had dry sifted some Thai Stick after it'd been curing/aging for over a year, and the sift came out as a deep red/amber. Almost a rust like color. Smelled like I was walking through a pine forest too. I miss that girl.

nice trichomes dave!

Thanks Big315. Im gonna be trimming up 3 different Durban ladies tonight, so maybe in a few weeks we'll see some finished shots. Still got to post up some shots of the cured PNG buds that Ive still got hidden away, and do a smoke report on it. Its coming I promise! :biggrin:

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
what smells and flavors do you get our of durbon i got it from bagseed and it grew well outdoor in my climate i just never seen or smoke it before so i dont know if it was real deal

Latest posts

Latest posts