What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
what smells and flavors do you get our of durbon i got it from bagseed and it grew well outdoor in my climate i just never seen or smoke it before so i dont know if it was real deal

For this line, typical terp profiles can be a mix of spice/berry/star anise/black licorice profile. Although there are some plants that have a sour pineapple punch aroma. Some plants have a very strong anise aroma and nothing else, while others are a spice/berry/anise mixture.

The anise and black licorice aroma is often associated with DP. Anything like that from your bagseed?

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
didnt get licorice out of it was unique flavor. the source i got through seemed to know his stuff. i will order and try eventually

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Classic Seeds Hawaiian Skunk x Romulan

Classic Seeds Hawaiian Skunk x Romulan

I snapped some pics of the Hawaiian Skunk x Romulan to share with you all. They're progressing the fastest of the bunch, and within a month Ill be able to flower a few of them. Got 2 confirmed females, 1 boy I think, and 3 unknowns.

Some quotes from Classic regarding this line. Thanks Raho for supplying them.

Hawaiian Skunk x Romulan
"I bred some of my oldest romulan strain to its self and to hawaiian skunk for the out door folks who want a giant plant next year or a indoor one.
This is a mind blowing combo of island goodness from 2 islands we get one strain that will make you feel like a tidal wave hit you when you over indulge this is the real deal not for the light of heart it has a few phenos short and tall and all are mind boggelingly good so don't miss the boat this is one island that you do not have to share with tourists."

Comments from Classic on his Hawaiian Skunk female used in the crosses above:
"Its a real hawaiian strain from my crazy friends beans who lived in treehouses and grew in the fern forrest on the big island .
these come from mowie and were breed at least 30 years ago with a purple mexican called torreon purple instead of acapolco gold and a chocolate thia along with a afghan and one other strain that my brain can not dredge out of its storage area at present
It was grown on maui by the surfers for quite a while in the late 70 and 80's by half a dozen names to me its just a skunk not electric purple or purple punch i do not go into listing all the silly ass names people thought up for a simple strain
It will be available crossed to my berry indica ,romulan,and a east african power bud and my answer to you is yes it from the islands origonaly and its one i preserved because i have always enjoyed it when i grew it mixed or by its self aloha"

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I brought some pics of a colorful lady to share today. Gonna throw up the fan leaf shots from this girl first. Lots of variety in her colorful expressions. Can you all guess which variety it is??

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Classic Seeds Golden Diesel

Classic Seeds Golden Diesel

Back with an update on Classics Golden Diesel, and also brought some photos of the buds of one plant(the plant with the very colorful fan leaves from before). Ive been growing this line for at least 2 years now it seems. I started with 16 females, and 1 male out of 20 seeds to begin with. Pretty good f:m ratio, although about a 1/3rd of plants had intersex issues. I dusted up alot of the females with pollen from that lone male, and still have some pollen to dust my final selected females in the near future. Hoping to work this line through several generations towards my ideal plants, without intersex issues. Unlikely to explore the open pollination seeds, as some of the plants that produced seeds ended up being intersex.

Getting close to final selections for this line. Here is one possible candidate that leans towards the Colombian Gold side, but her flowering time wont be as long as Deep Purple. I think this lady will be ready by Day 90-ish. This plant should yield much better than Deep Purple. That plant produced only a 2 gram main cola. Can you imagine flowering a plant 4 months for that. Im pretty sure I didn't get more than 5 grams from her. Although I did leave a bunch on the bottom to reveg.

Some shots now of this lady.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Classic Seeds Golden Diesel Harveset Update

Classic Seeds Golden Diesel Harveset Update

I just took down another Golden Diesel last night. Been flowering in the 85-90 day range I believe. This will be her last harvest as I found some nanners on her a couple weeks ago, and have been picking a few off here and there over that time. This plant had the hybrid bud structure that Ive grown fond of. Not quite as chunky as the Diesel leaning plants, but will definitely yield much better than the Colombian Gold phenos. A shame to take her down, but got to keep up the standards around here.

The plant on the right is a Sour Diesel leaning pheno with chunky golfball nugs on her. She only threw a lone nanner during the last week, so Ill keep her around for awhile longer.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Golden Diesel Green Pheno

Golden Diesel Green Pheno

Took down the other sister that shared a container with her purple sibling that was shown before. This girl had no purple anywhere to be seen on her. Not in the fans, or buds. I think she's the lone green pheno remaining, while the rest go purple later in flowering.

Took her somewhere around 95-100 days of flowering.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Azure PNG

Azure PNG

Im back to update this thread a lil. I have two PNG ladies I kept from my previous run, and they are currently a lil over a month into flowering underneath a 600wMH. Well more like on the outside edge of the footprint, but they are enjoying it just fine. 6 DP females are taking up the lions portion of the footprint.

These two ladies have flowering times around 4.5 months for one, and 5.5 months for the other. Hoping to shave a week or two off flowering time since were flowering clones this time. We'll find out in a few months where they stand. The faster flowering one is the chunky lady, while the 5 monther has loose airy buds, but they are surprisingly large. I never got around to getting any finished photos of the buds I saved. I smoked it all before I brought out the camera. It was difficult to not keep dipping into the PNG. This time though, we'll get some finished pics and a proper smoke report.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Everything is looking great Dave! Can't wait for your harvest and smoke report!

Thanks Azure. Ill try and have something ready in about 4-5 months. :biggrin:

In the meantime, I think Im gonna dust up both ladies with some DP pollen, and perhaps some Golden Diesel pollen too. More interested in what can come of crossing the DP and PNG with each other. Hoping for some unique & interesting plants.

What have you you crossed the PNG to already? Anything nice to share with us?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
A quick update for the garden: I just moved 18 or 19 of Madmacs Golden Tiger x THH into the flowering room. They got transplanted about a week and a half ago into 1 gallon containers. Wont go any larger than that until a possible second run for potential keepers. I can't spare the space to take clones of each plant, so Ill try to reveg any good females I find. Haze plants usually reveg easy IME, so Im not too worried. They're still small at this point. Most are less than 1.5 feet tall, and Im just fine with that as I expect them to probably reach 4 ft or more by the end. Can't wait to smoke them in about 4 months???

Classic Seeds Update: Ive got 3 Hawaiian Skunk x Romulan females that have been in flower for close to 2 weeks now, with 2 more females in the veg room needing a bit more time. Just 1 male that Im already collecting pollen from. Hopefully we can avoid the intersex bug and produce some seeds, but will run more packs of this line If I like what I see.

1 GOAL13 female is currently flowering for about 1.5 weeks, and 1 male thats still in veg, but Ill will prep him for flowering soon. Had to eliminate one GOAL13 plant as it was intersex. Need to dig into the freezer and see if I have any more of these seeds.

I ended up with one Hawaiian Skunk x H. Berry x Berry indica, but I can't for the life of me find it in the rooms anywhere. Maybe I culled the one plant I ended up with or something...?
thinking.gif
I think it was a male, and with no females to pair it with, I didn't feel the need to keep it around.

The Durbans are doing well about 1.5 months into flowering, albeit one that I culled. It was the most gangly ugly looking plant Ive ever seen. Really stretchy, and grew in weird angles. Not a typical xmas tree shape that the shorter Durbans grow like. 2x as tall as most, and had serious nutritional issues. Ive noticed about 10-15% of these Durbans tend to be very finicky in nutrient needs. Its very hard to dial in their sweet spot and keep them happy and healthy. Most of the Durbans are much less sensitive, and can perform well when either slightly under-fed, or over-fed. These difficult ones to manage probably wont even get flowered in the future when I come across them, and will be auto-culled. I aint got time for that shit!

Will get some shots of the ladies up soon. Got a really nice looking Durban lady that wants to strut her stuff for you all. She's got the metallic purple fans coming in quite early into flower, with a bud structure Ive not seen in quite some time with this line. Only seen it once before with the offspring of DP-I(original seed plant). Pics coming up of this new girl in a moment.

Latest posts

Latest posts