What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Durban Poison Week 10/Day 70

Durban Poison Week 10/Day 70

A sample of Durban Poison shots at Day 70/Week 10 of flowering. Ill probably taker her down 2-3 weeks from now. Im 90% certain, that the girl in these pics is the same girl as before, just a lil over two weeks later though. The autumn colors are beginning to come through now. These pics will show off the lower fan leaves where there is a higher level of Anthocyanin pigments and Chlorophyll present. While the later pics will be from the upper canopy, where the carotenoids, and lack of chlorophyll give us a completely different set of colors. There will be a second batch of pics to come, but enjoy these for now.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I just love the neon green of the veins in these leaves. This plant has a bit of the metallic purple look to her fan leaves, but you'll only get the metallic purple leaves by keeping the fan leaves healthy and green until/after they change appearance. Typically takes about 2 months into flowering for the fan leaves to begin the change in appearance.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

theJointedOne

Veteran
one of the best threads on ic

thanks for sharing so much , really nice

so you think those mutant beans will grow out of that weird growth?

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Popped in to say hi, and, jesus fuck, you're killing it.

Thanks for dropping by DC. Glad you enjoyed the pics of the lady. Hows that Jurassic pot seedling doing nowadays?

Your DP are consistently among the most beautiful plants!

Much appreciated Dogen. I try to do right by my girls, hoping that they'll reward me in the end. i think this lady is going to give me my just deserts :biggrin:

one of the best threads on ic

thanks for sharing so much , really nice

so you think those mutant beans will grow out of that weird growth?

hey, thanks alot Jointedone. Im glad you think so highly of the thread. I plan on sharing plenty more down the line. Especially with harvest getting closer.

Some are growing out of the weird growth, while several are not at this point. The ones that are, are progressing nicely and developing a first, second, set of leaves and so forth. At least 6-8 are still just cotyledons at this point. Still green and healthy, but no signs of coming around just yet. Will just wait and see.
clock%20watch.gif
Going to pick up more packs of these lines anyways and try my luck further.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Thanks for dropping by DC. Glad you enjoyed the pics of the lady. Hows that Jurassic pot seedling doing nowadays?

Your recollection of my plants is worthy of note, thank you.

That weirdo plant was culled, as was male, no bueno.

On the other hand the selected females of the back cross
have yielded, and will bear more study.

Cheers.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Some are growing out of the weird growth, while several are not at this point. The ones that are, are progressing nicely and developing a first, second, set of leaves and so forth. At least 6-8 are still just cotyledons at this point. Still green and healthy, but no signs of coming around just yet. Will just wait and see. View Image Going to pick up more packs of these lines anyways and try my luck further.

I am having similar experience currently. Doing a large seed project and i had three out of twelve varieties that had about a 30% mutation rate, with many coming out like you described, cotys, but nothing after, or other all together strange growth..was only on the older seed as well..the freshest stocks have no issues..

I found it interesting (and a bit frustrating lol). Thanks for sharing your experience as well

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Your recollection of my plants is worthy of note, thank you.

That weirdo plant was culled, as was male, no bueno.

On the other hand the selected females of the back cross
have yielded, and will bear more study.

Cheers.

How could I ever forget such an interesting looking plant. Too bad he was a boy. Im glad the females have been worth your time. Feel free to share some shots of them here. I wouldn't mind seeing them. :tiphat:
Still killing it with the Durb Dave! Great work!

Thanks my man. This line will never leave my garden. Those in my inner circle that have tried it would riot if I ever stopped growing it. :biggrin:

I am having similar experience currently. Doing a large seed project and i had three out of twelve varieties that had about a 30% mutation rate, with many coming out like you described, cotys, but nothing after, or other all together strange growth..was only on the older seed as well..the freshest stocks have no issues..

I found it interesting (and a bit frustrating lol). Thanks for sharing your experience as well

Yeah these old seeds crop up with all kinds of weird issues if you can even manage to germ them. All kinds of surprises just waiting for us to discover.

Just beautiful colors. I love coming to this thread...

Thanks nickman. Ive got a few more colorful shots of the last lady to post in a moment that I think you'll enjoy.:tiphat:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
How could I ever forget such an interesting looking plant. Too bad he was a boy. Im glad the females have been worth your time. Feel free to share some shots of them here. I wouldn't mind seeing them.

I will post some pics, thank you. Just hoping my camera
skills are worthy of this thread, lol

I admire your use of the black background, such nice shots.

Those DP buds, they sticky, no doubt.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I will post some pics, thank you. Just hoping my camera
skills are worthy of this thread, lol

I admire your use of the black background, such nice shots.

Those DP buds, they sticky, no doubt.

I kinda set the bar high on photos dont I? :biggrin: Im sure ill enjoy the photos no matter what.

Hey grab yourself a black sheet and throw it up on the wall for a backdrop. Thats what Ive done. Although it doesn't work as well when its over a reflective wall. I need to get some black fabric thats higher quality to hang up. Keep meaning to go to walmart and buy some yards of black fabric thats thicker/denser.

Got some more DP photos to post up in a few minutes. Sticky buds to come.

Looks like you dramatically changed something. Far chunkier plants now, awesome improvement lol

You noticed that too huh. :biggrin: They definitely look plumper than the last batch. These remind me alot of the original seedplants.

Still using Dyna Gro Grow, and Osmocote, but I did dial back the Osmocote from 7.5grams/gallon of media to 5 grams. Saw some early N fade around the Day 35-40 mark, with the reduced osmocote, but increased WSF feedings slowed it enough to get some nice bud production.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Day 79 Flowering

Day 79 Flowering

Here we have a different DP. I love the colors of her fan leaves, but these buds are leafy. Will dial back feed a lil bit next run and see if we can get a bit less leaf. She's just about ready, and will bring her down around Day 90. Maybe Day 85..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php