What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Click here for Afropip Durban Poison, and GN Thai Stick or don't. I dont care.

Azure

Veteran
Im kinda foggy on the details on this PNG line. Maybe Azure will chime in and provide some info. With how much contamination of lines all around the world over decades and decades who knows if this is pure landrace PNG or not. I know it sure flowers extremely long like pure sats. 5-6 months flowering time needed. Not for the feint of heart.

Im not familiar with fets 303? Got any threads regarding it you could link to?

An adventurer friend obtained these seeds while trekking in the Goroka Highlands. While at an outpost, he bought some weed in a paper cob. He returned home with seeded bud and I grew them out.

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Happy Turkey Day to my fellow Americans. To my international friends, go ahead and eat yourself a big meal today. Just stuff yourself and find something to be thankful for. :biggrin:

Got a bud pic of an early harvest Chunky Pheno to share. Took at least 4 months of flowering to generate this bud. I really dig the crimson orange pistils. Gives the buds some nice bag appeal.

Smell is like incense & catpiss, but leans more incense. Two of my 6 ladies expressed the catpiss terps. Even my friends nose agreed with me, and his nose usually interprets smells differently than mine.

No in depth smoke report for this PNG plant as I did harvest it early, but when the two remaining plants come down, there will be a smoke report for them. Even with an early harvest, its an excellent smoke to start the day with, or end the day with. :tiphat:

picture.php

Azure

Veteran
Looks great Dave! Looking forward to the PNG smoke reports. I had a really nice grape smelling pheno that people really enjoyed. You are definitely a cannabis trooper. You should get an award for being able to perfectly finish a six month long flowering cycle!

Dave Coulier

Veteran
DPF2 Males Update

DPF2 Males Update

Its time to get back to the roots of this thread, and thats Durban Poison. Ive separated the males from the females in veg right now. Each group has their own tent to themselves.

The males are currently under a 600w Ushio MH, and the females are under a 315w Philips CMH. Will be picking up a second cmh fixture to go in the females tent in the near future.

Ive got the males on a 18/6 light schedule, while females are on 16/8. There are some males in this line that will definitely flower under 16/8. I decided to start with 18/6, run it for a couple of weeks, and if any males get close to dropping pollen under that schedule they will be culled. Ive already removed two males from the tent so far. Will be dropping down to 17/7 soon, and I expect at least 1 or two males will need to be removed.

Hoping for some males that wont flower under 16/8, and so far there are some nice candidates. Ill keep accumulating quality looking males as I work through the DPf2 seeds. There will be some flowering tests for these males, and at that stage I expect will be some more culls as we look for the best males possible.

A group shot of 9 males.

picture.php

Here we've got a plant that auto topped itself when the main growing point stalled out very early in seedling stage. First set of branches shot out and quickly developed into the main two colas. Its a bit further behind the others in terms of growth because of the early stall. I think this one will probably flower under 18/6 or 17/7, so it'll probably get the axe soon.Wasn't too keen on its look anyways. Dont like the 5 bladed fan leaves. Much prefer the 7-11 range.

picture.php

Another plant that stalled out early but eventually came out of its funk. It topped itself into 4 shoots, with one of those main shoots splitting again, resulting in 5 growing points. Not sure what to make of this one right now with it being the furthest behind the others. Ill give it more time before deciding what to do with it.

picture.php

Now were getting to the males Ive taken a keen to. The least likely to flower under 18/6 or 17/7 from development so far, with the best lateral branching out of the group.

picture.php

An early favorite of mine. Excellent lateral branching, with 7 bladed fan leaves that have a strong uniformity.

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Looks great Dave! Looking forward to the PNG smoke reports. I had a really nice grape smelling pheno that people really enjoyed. You are definitely a cannabis trooper. You should get an award for being able to perfectly finish a six month long flowering cycle!

Thanks amigo!
tiphat.gif

Grape terps would be outstanding to find in this line. Nothing like that in my 6 females Ive run out, but still got lots of beans to search through. Maybe Ill get lucky and come across that terp profile.

6 months is a long time for sure my friend. Its been worth the challenge though. Im a proud member of the 6 month club.
biggrin.gif

Dave Coulier

Veteran
DP x Golden Diesel

DP x Golden Diesel

Ive harvested my small batch of Durban P x Golden Diesel test plants. Not sure of exact days flowered, but its around 70ish..Could maybe use another week or 10 days, but I wanted to give some Golden Diesel clones a bit more space, so down came the Durban Diesels.

Lots of colorful expression in these plants as one could expect with it being 50% DP, but the Golden Diesel side makes its influence known though. One female had fan leaves who had become so deeply purple, they took on a black appearance, with a golden aura to them. Im a sucker for unique fan leaves, and she left me drooling over her. If they smoke as good as they look, I think Ill run a bigger batch next time, with clone backups.

Ill dial back the nutrients a bit the next run, as I was definitely pushing them to their limit. They'll also get proper containers, and not the 10oz or so containers they were in.

I think Ive made you all suffer enough reading my ramblings, so here are some pictures you animals :biggrin:

Green pheno and a Purple Pheno.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
picture.php

Oh and on a side note, Ive got about 30 Gypsy Zamal soaking in water as I type this. Panikz was kind enough to give me some seeds to do a reproduction. So expect some more long flowering sativas in your futures. Been wanting to try this one for awhile. Thanks Gypsy and Panikz.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
A few more Durban Diesels

A few more Durban Diesels

I had a few leftover shots of the Durban Diesels I thought Id share tonight.

Pushed the feed a bit too much on these girls. Will have to dial it back some next time I run any. Likely to be in the far future. I want to focus more on the DP and Golden Diesel and take them out several generations further before crossing again. Give me some time to work out some kinks and make some improvements.

First up is a green pheno, although the lowest fan leaves had begun to purple late in flower. Buds remained completely green though, while most of the plants had purple hues in the buds, or outright purple.

picture.php

picture.php

A Durban leaning Pheno

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Chunky Pheno 5 Month Harvest update

Chunky Pheno 5 Month Harvest update

Some final shots of my remaining chunky pheno right before harvest. She was taken down a bit over a 5 months flowering. Pretty nice development for being on the outside edge of a 315w CMH in a one gallon container. Buds are nearly dry at this point, so in the near future you'll see some finished bud shots of her.

Been smoking it in my fury 2 as I prepared the photos and lets just say its been difficult to focus on my task. Im experiencing a spacey-delirium like high at the moment. One moment Im here typing, the next im off in lala land completely spaced out. Progress is made during moments of lucidity...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Some final shots of my remaining chunky pheno right before harvest. She was taken down a bit over a 5 months flowering. Pretty nice development for being on the outside edge of a 315w CMH in a one gallon container. Buds are nearly dry at this point, so in the near future you'll see some finished bud shots of her.

Been smoking it in my fury 2 as I prepared the photos and lets just say its been difficult to focus on my task. Im experiencing a spacey-delirium like high at the moment. One moment Im here typing, the next im off in lala land completely spaced out. Progress is made during moments of lucidity...

I just procured some of these seeds myself, and was directed here to your thread to see the end result. I'm very glad I popped in here. Those pics give me so much optimism about growing out such a long flowering cultivar indoors. But that's what I'm gonna do. I've always wanted to anyway, just to say I could do it. So now I'll be able to cross it off the bucket list.

:tiphat:

Dave Coulier

Veteran
I just procured some of these seeds myself, and was directed here to your thread to see the end result. I'm very glad I popped in here. Those pics give me so much optimism about growing out such a long flowering cultivar indoors. But that's what I'm gonna do. I've always wanted to anyway, just to say I could do it. So now I'll be able to cross it off the bucket list.

:tiphat:

Welcome Hush. Thanks for joining us. You'll have a blast growing out such a long flowering Sativa. It may not be an easy journey, but the reward at the end is worth it. Then try some other long flowering varieties too as well.

The best tip I can give you to help with those sats is to keep the light source further away from the plants than you think you need to. It'll help keep the plants greener for longer, which is key with plants that take 4-6 months to properly finish. Larger containers are also ideal, but you can do it in one gallon or smaller containers, but difficulty does go up. Currently flowering two PNG clones in 1/2 gallon containers. Id say were close to 3 months flowering, and they are very healthy and green still even with reduced container volume. Ive also kept them even further from the lights than I kept the seed plants. I already feel they're healthier this time than last, and that's with smaller containers!

I hope your PNG will turn out well for you.Hope you'll share some photos of em later on for us to enjoy.

Durban looks fantastic!:tiphat:

Thanks Picalin. Loads more photos in the Durban Album if you haven't looked there. She really is a lovely looking line, as are her hybrid offspring. Glad Ive got this line to work with.

Yea its not that easy. But he makes it look like it is :)

Thanks Bootz. All my growing secrets are buried in this thread for those that know where to look. Hehe. Its not always easy street for me though. I do screw up some plants from time to time :biggrin:.