What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

LostTribe

Premium user
I have been following this cindy thread from the beginning, finally decided to join it :) I am so happy to see that the original heart racing queen of terpenes is around. Kudos to you all for your efforts. I am working on preserving tropical landraces and vintage genetics in the islands, and wonder if any of these phenos are showing resistance to mold and mildew?
I've only once found any and think it might have been my AK99 I made with mosca and newer serious. It was limited to a couple of buds. I think it was botrytis but it was confined to a small bit and only found after cure and cant remember the particular environmental conditions.

Crazy Chester

I have been following this cindy thread from the beginning, finally decided to join it :) I am so happy to see that the original heart racing queen of terpenes is around. Kudos to you all for your efforts. I am working on preserving tropical landraces and vintage genetics in the islands, and wonder if any of these phenos are showing resistance to mold and mildew?
It would be awesome if someone found a Cindy that doesn't rot easily. I was never able to finish flowering her outdoors - all it took was a couple days of steady rain to rot her buds - which is the only bad thing about the clone I had. Others have indicated their Cindys were prone to mold too when grown outdoors. Until the mold resistant one is found - I'd figure an outdoor grow is a gamble except in dry climates. But, that will rarely happen in a normal indoor grow room environment.

LostTribe

Premium user
While away my drip was not set long enough so about half the nursery was getting too dry. I didnt loose anything but I think the dryness of the coco stressed some plants. As a result it appears I have more males from the punch on this pop than I would have anticipated. I still might have a couple that are female but going to keep running through these.

I am going to soak another batch. My goal with these is to see if I can find anything even better than the Pineapple Punch mom.

LostTribe

Premium user
Pineapple
DSC08543.JPG

Pineapple x F13
DSC08541.JPG

Dime

I grow c99 every year in my back yard in Southern Ontario Canada and I haven't had mold issues and sometimes we get a cold rainy fall but I harvest first week of October. I just put some in for the summer to sex and select from and I'll take it down to 4 . I got 20/20 germ rate with 2 mutants I pulled. It makes one hit quit hashish.

Attachments

• 20230218_180234.jpg
    20230218_180234.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 53

LostTribe

Premium user
I grow c99 every year in my back yard in Southern Ontario Canada and I haven't had mold issues and sometimes we get a cold rainy fall but I harvest first week of October. I just put some in for the summer to sex and select from and I'll take it down to 4 . I got 20/20 germ rate with 2 mutants I pulled. It makes one hit quit hashish.
Where'd you acquire your c99? Wow October in Ontario! Do they finish all the way through or do you just pull early and make hash with them?

You mixed the c99 and your ak? I am going to do just that!

This would make the 3rd time I have crossed AK and C99 and each time has been from different seed stocks from both lines.

Dime

Where'd you acquire your c99? Wow October in Ontario! Do they finish all the way through or do you just pull early and make hash with them?

You mixed the c99 and your ak? I am going to do just that!

This would make the 3rd time I have crossed AK and C99 and each time has been from different seed stocks from both lines.
Bros Grimm originally,f3 now. They finish 90% I'd say. No I haven't mixed them with AK yet just with Widow and sk#1.

islandpreservation

Thank you guys, I appreciate the thoughts about cindy and mold..it is sad she can't thrive outdoors. Maybe a good start would be to introduce some airy humid tropics sativa blood and hunt the f2's for the cindy terps mixed with a more airy bud structure. I got some nearly rain proof genetics in some f5 hazes i made but the terps are sinister pine cedar sage and would probably wierd out all the progeny. When I find a decent cindy I will try. Thanks to lost tribe and y'all
i have hope :) had some great outdoor grapefruit from the dry side that made my heart race and mind meltdown with wierd thoughts.
that kinda inspired my search

LostTribe

Premium user
Thank you guys, I appreciate the thoughts about cindy and mold..it is sad she can't thrive outdoors. Maybe a good start would be to introduce some airy humid tropics sativa blood and hunt the f2's for the cindy terps mixed with a more airy bud structure. I got some nearly rain proof genetics in some f5 hazes i made but the terps are sinister pine cedar sage and would probably wierd out all the progeny. When I find a decent cindy I will try. Thanks to lost tribe and y'all
i have hope :) had some great outdoor grapefruit from the dry side that made my heart race and mind meltdown with wierd thoughts.
that kinda inspired my search
I dont know where you came to the conclusion that c99 cannot thrive outdoors?

Dime above is growing them outdoors even in Cananda. Some are also being tested in a spring run in the tropics. Hopefully we will get to take a look soon!

StickyBandit

While away my drip was not set long enough so about half the nursery was getting too dry. I didnt loose anything but I think the dryness of the coco stressed some plants. As a result it appears I have more males from the punch on this pop than I would have anticipated. I still might have a couple that are female but going to keep running through these.

I am going to soak another batch. My goal with these is to see if I can find anything even better than the Pineapple Punch mom.
Are you saying they can become males from stress?

islandpreservation

I dont know where you came to the conclusion that c99 cannot thrive outdoors?

Dime above is growing them outdoors even in Cananda. Some are also being tested in a spring run in the tropics. Hopefully we will get to take a look soon!
Well dang that is good to know. I talked to FDM seeds about it, and they thought i'd have a hard time with her out in the tropics. Then basically read a few warnings about mold from growers, and seed vendors. Not enought to discoruage me all the way! Tropical rains in oct basically send many modern hybrids packing. Oh but how I long for the fruit punchy tropical smelling herbs of yesteryear, sweet cindy is at the top of my radar always.

Last edited:

Dime

C99 comes very close to finishing in my area but it's cold here when she wants heat at the end of the cycle so I'd say 70% quality of what you get indoor but much higher yield. 2lb plants easy I put them on 24/0 before they go outside and put them in about knee high and they slow flower from the light drop and transplanting even though the light period is gradually increasing and keep doing it all summer,then around 2nd week of august they start to flower profusely. If it's not too rainy I don't think she will mold,people I gave plants too did not mention mold. . If I could only grow one strain in my area, I would pick her for reliability.

Attachments

• 20201205_143138.jpg
    20201205_143138.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20201220_234148.jpg
    20201220_234148.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
  • 20200929_182557.jpg
    20200929_182557.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 103
  • 20180819_124557.jpg
    20180819_124557.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 99

islandpreservation

C99 comes very close to finishing in my area but it's cold here when she wants heat at the end of the cycle so I'd say 70% quality of what you get indoor but much higher yield. 2lb plants easy I put them on 24/0 before they go outside and put them in about knee high and they slow flower from the light drop and transplanting even though the light period is gradually increasing and keep doing it all summer,then around 2nd week of august they start to flower profusely. If it's not too rainy I don't think she will mold,people I gave plants too did not mention mold. . If I could only grow one strain in my area, I would pick her for reliability.
Awesome that she does so well for you under the sun, first pick too! Just looking at that bud shot gave me nostalgia :) We get some heavy UV out here right through fall,
I bet that would help her get that finishing quality. Seems to complement any sativa ancestors very well.

LostTribe

Premium user
I havent tasted a more flavorful or experienced more motivating experience in any other strain even the long pure hazes. Its pure stoke shit. I'm smiling!

It doesnt last as long as the pure hazes but that has its conveniences. A pure haze that tastes like this with the amp from the cindy could be a hell of a ride.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I've planted 6 beans of Peak C99 punch compliments of @LostTribe that have just broken the surface. 3 are up but I'm leaving the humidity dome on the third while it shakes the shell off.
I planted the beans 3 days back directly in 2L pots about 8 or 9 m/m deep in some cheap organic seed mix with humidity domes on top to stop them drying out. I like this method because it avoids damage to the roots from handling.
I'm looking forward to the grow.
Cheers LT hopefully I can do ya proud :D

View attachment 18807067
View attachment 18807068
Awsome! Hows it going?

Last edited:

StickyBandit

For anyone that didn't see my thread I had a few hiccups with bugs eating the roots of the sprouts on the first 6 C99 Punch pheno. Looks like only 2 pulled through ok so I planted another 6 to keep them company. The new ones were popped in sterile jiffies soaked in @LostTribe 's top secret clone juice recipe and they did well :)

Peak C99 compliments of LostTribe
Dates on the tags when the seeds were wet
C99Punch.JPG
C99Punchx8.JPG

Last edited:

Ilikesnacks

Well dang that is good to know. I talked to FDM seeds about it, and they thought i'd have a hard time with her out in the tropics. Then basically read a few warnings about mold from growers, and seed vendors. Not enought to discoruage me all the way! Tropical rains in oct basically send many modern hybrids packing. Oh but how I long for the fruit punchy tropical smelling herbs of yesteryear, sweet cindy is at the top of my radar always.
The fdm c99 I have is very prone to pm, I’m hoping the c99 from fast outdoor genetics is better,

C99 regular

Indoor / outdoor
A purely outdoor bred line of Cinderella 99. This line had opened up the genetic possibilities to encompass some diversity in the line. You will get smells ranging from fruity/pineapple/grapefruit/citrus, as well as some fuely/skunky/earthy. Regardless of the smell, they will be potent, and will yield very well, with the typical Cinderella 99 high. These grow great indoors as well, with very fast flowering.

Outdoor harvest early October