What's new
  • ICMag and The Vault are running a NEW contest! You can check it here. Prizes are seeds & forum premium access. Come join in!

Cinderella 99 The Come Back

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I am gonna have to test some of this out again tomorrow. See how it compares with the punch. I love the punch but this ones no slouch either. Hoping I find a higher percentage of sweeter leaning plants in the next generation of testers.

Metal
full
My 4 plants smell so punchy I am not separating the flowers as I jar them. The punch smell made it through drying too.

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
My 4 plants smell so punchy I am not separating the flowers as I jar them. The punch smell made it through drying too.
So you had 2 C99 "Punch" and 2 C99 "Metal". All 4 of yours showed pointy tops like the Punch mom grew. The metal and another grapefruit I didnt make seed with had rounded tops and had a more sparp grapefruit metal citrus to it. Atleast 1 of the peak metal/grapefruit C99 had a more pointy top as well as do many of the picks at RIU from this peak c99. The visual growth is not necessarily indicative of the aromas.

The Punch has a smell very close to that red syrupy sweet Hawaiian Punch drink. This smell is very different and easily distinguishable from the other peak c99. The punch was 1 out of 6 females from the pack, the rest were similar metal/grapefruit. I say metal as this Peak holds a different smell from the grapefruit I have found in other c99's like the more recent Joey Weed, Mosca and a few others which are all sort of pissy.

For those not familiar I took a Punch C99 pheno and a Metal C99 pheno and bred them to all of the males from this F5 peak seed stock. I felt using more males would give a greater chance at finding a Punch leaning plant due to more variety. 1:1 matings provide much less variability.

Thank you again for such a great grow log! Fantastic grow and I hope you enjoy it! Can you describe what all you are smelling with these specifically?

How are the effects compared to some of the other stuff you've tried?

Peace
LT

LostTribe

Premium user
This is the single Peak C99 that I started which eventually led me back to this line. It was a grapefruit but the resin was more plentiful than the Joey Weed from the more recent offering which I ran along side it. Peak was from the "Pre Hiatus" Joey Weed via a single pack that Frost Bros provided for preservation. Glad I decided to run a few more even though this one wasnt quite the taste I was after.

Very fortunate to have found the Pineapple Punch as well as the Metal Princess pheno's.

full

full

Crazy Chester

Glad I decided to run a few more even though this one wasnt quite the taste I was after.

Very fortunate to have found the Pineapple Punch as well as the Metal Princess pheno's.
I seem to remember you were after the sweet pineapple terps like Dole pineapple. Is there a kind of astringency - along with the pineapple - in the one you call pineapple punch that made it not quite what you were hoping for?

LostTribe

Premium user
I seem to remember you were after the sweet pineapple terps like Dole pineapple. Is there a kind of astringency - along with the pineapple - in the one you call pineapple punch that made it not quite what you were hoping for?
The previous mom I was working with was from FDM and had a more orange likeness to it sort of but still mixed fruits. I am currently still working with Peak and some of these have this tropical fruity eye watery sharp not sour followed with a syrupy sweetness.

I don't know what "mainstream" is calling tropicanna but it aint got shit on this.:ROFLMAO:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
So you had 2 C99 "Punch" and 2 C99 "Metal". All 4 of yours showed pointy tops like the Punch mom grew. The metal and another grapefruit I didnt make seed with had rounded tops and had a more sparp grapefruit metal citrus to it. Atleast 1 of the peak metal/grapefruit C99 had a more pointy top as well as do many of the picks at RIU from this peak c99. The visual growth is not necessarily indicative of the aromas.

The Punch has a smell very close to that red syrupy sweet Hawaiian Punch drink. This smell is very different and easily distinguishable from the other peak c99. The punch was 1 out of 6 females from the pack, the rest were similar metal/grapefruit. I say metal as this Peak holds a different smell from the grapefruit I have found in other c99's like the more recent Joey Weed, Mosca and a few others which are all sort of pissy.

For those not familiar I took a Punch C99 pheno and a Metal C99 pheno and bred them to all of the males from this F5 peak seed stock. I felt using more males would give a greater chance at finding a Punch leaning plant due to more variety. 1:1 matings provide much less variability.

Thank you again for such a great grow log! Fantastic grow and I hope you enjoy it! Can you describe what all you are smelling with these specifically?

How are the effects compared to some of the other stuff you've tried?

Peace
LT
The punch smell is holding in the jars. Still bright green dope. I just smoked 1/2 a joint and am pretty damn high. Great dope LT.

How will it hybrid with OHz? I am dying to find out.

LostTribe

Premium user
The punch smell is holding in the jars. Still bright green dope. I just smoked 1/2 a joint and am pretty damn high. Great dope LT.

How will it hybrid with OHz? I am dying to find out.
I would expect a nice bit of hybridization. The Granny Haze I made brings something from both parents. It will tame the OHz. Quicker, resin like the c99. C99 is great for adding resin and potency.

C99 may overpower poly hybrids as with any IBL. When combining with IBL I think both lines will show in the progeny.

Gotta grow em to know em!

Last edited:

StickyBandit

I've planted 6 beans of Peak C99 punch compliments of @LostTribe that have just broken the surface. 3 are up but I'm leaving the humidity dome on the third while it shakes the shell off.
I planted the beans 3 days back directly in 2L pots about 8 or 9 m/m deep in some cheap organic seed mix with humidity domes on top to stop them drying out. I like this method because it avoids damage to the roots from handling.
I'm looking forward to the grow.
Cheers LT hopefully I can do ya proud :D

C99.jpg

IMG_20230201_164500.jpg

Last edited:

StickyBandit

Grow diary started and thanks for the tip @flylowgethigh (y)

Last edited:

islandpreservation

I have been following this cindy thread from the beginning, finally decided to join it :) I am so happy to see that the original heart racing queen of terpenes is around. Kudos to you all for your efforts. I am working on preserving tropical landraces and vintage genetics in the islands, and wonder if any of these phenos are showing resistance to mold and mildew?