Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Daishonin states,
"(No matter how many terrible enemies you may encounter,)
banish all fears and never think of backsliding."*
The month for us to make great progress has just begun!
Summoning up the courage of a lion king,
let's be victorious in every single challenge we may encounter!

Daisaku Ikeda

* "On Practicing the Buddha's Teachings" - WND, page 395

G

Lets start our days by 'polishing our mirrors' and chanting with great appreciation! Go out and make this the best day ever for yourselves! I know I will try that over here.

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO : THE KEY TO UNLOCKING YOUR HIGHEST POTENTIAL

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Those who believe in the Lotus Sutra are as if in winter, but winter always turns to spring."

(Winter Always Turns to Spring - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 536) Selection source: Soka Gakkai member's experience, Seikyo Shimbun, October 1st, 2006

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Hope everyone has made it a great Monday. Ill be home all week gonna spend lots of time in front of the Gohonzon chanting for us all.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Babba, that's G R E A T !!!........It's been goosebump city, here lately. I love it when I get that spinal/spiritual goosebump wave up my back into my shoulders, neck, and B R A I N O......it's a killer rush, all points back to this thread!

Hey, this is good karma......... you home this week to tend to both your gardens, your kine and buddah's! We got your back bro!

love, Desi....!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
At first only Nichiren chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, but then two, three, and a hundred followed, chanting and teaching others. Propagation will unfold this way in the future as well. Does this not signify "emerging from the earth"? At the time when the Law has spread far and wide, the entire Japanese nation will chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, as surely as an arrow aimed at the earth cannot miss the target.

[ The True Aspect of All Phenomena, WND Page 385 ]

Bonzo

Veteran
Enjoy your week off Babba! Tend your garden and chant ,chant, chant!! Sounds awesome!!! Ill be chanting for good weather till the finish!!! Say hi to the Mrs for me!

WOW, Desi!! what you describrd is perfect the "spinal /spiritual goosebump" thing! Im so glad your gettin that feeling bro, its trippy isnt it? I just came from an impromptu meeting and MAN!! the goosebump thing is still with me!! While we were doing Daimoku, i just started to smile in the middle of it cause of those feelings, its really indescribable unless youve actually felt it and its so awesome to be able to share it here with my friends that feel the same sensation. Its just totally mind blowing!!!!!!!

WE ARE ALL TRULY BLESSED TO HAVE BEEN GIVEN THIS PLACE TO COME TOGETHER AND SHARE OUR EXPERIENCES, IT JUST MAKES THEM THAT MUCH MORE POWERFULL!!!

HI T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know you may get tired of hearing that but i cant help it............THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR BEING YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEACE AND LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!

bonz

>>>>>>>>>> NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO >>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonzo

Veteran
"What matters is the heart"

"Here we see a beautifull exchange take place: a mother who undertakes painstaking effort out of concern for her son; a disciple who is motivated by concern for his mother and his mentor; and the mentor who, out of his concern for the mother and son, does his utmost to bring out the best in all their efforts. This is the world of Buddhism"

from Learning From the Gosho: The Eternal Teachings of Nichiren Daishonin
by Daisaku Ikeda

>>>>>>>>>> nam myoho renge kyo >>>>>>>>>>

G

Thanks Bonz, Babba, Desi and PTD!!

Thanks Bonz, Babba, Desi and PTD!!

Daily Encouragement:

Please make every effort to find and raise capable people. My wish is that you construct a wonderful organization, joyfully building growing spheres of friendship and a solidarity of people who cherish hope for life and the future. Please lead the most wonderful of lives.

Events:

World Peace Day1960: President Ikeda lands in Hawaii on his first trip outside Japan, beginning his worldwide efforts for peace, culture and education based on Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GOD YESTERDAY WAS HARD!!! I barely got my three hours in. Today, I have already gotten in four, and will get in number five as soon as I post this. Much better!!!

It's a good thing a good friend of mine was going through some serious shit awhile back. I gave him such a hard time about chanting abundant Daimoku, that I immediately felt like I'd be a hypocrite to not just jump on a monster Daimoku campaign to meet my current challenge. If I hadn't started off with that strong three hour a day determination, I'd be comatose from stress by now.

I'm hangin'! Ain't no fuckin dragon got no shit on PassTheDoobie! But without all of this support from you good friends, the dragon may have already shit on PassTheDoobie by now. Thank you! It is me that should be thanking all of you--every single day of my life--not the other way around.

I bow in humble obeisance,

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Thomas

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Well im sure you will feel the wind at your back today not just a breeze. Major Daimoku on the way my brother!!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
My obeisance to you my dear friend! I got the new job! The project manager just called me. I start tomorrow.....whoooooo!!! Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo! Chanting for everyone has really lifted my spirit,.........I feel like I have finally found the door in a dark room that I could not see in. All of you have helped me find that door.

Oh, I think one of the fellows I'll be working with is a devote buddhist, I just remembered that alittle while ago. It's no coincidense that all of us and all these challenges are happening, I know that. We all are one!

This new job will allow me to start attending meetings!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A huge load has been lifted off my shoulders this morning, but now I have new challenges ahead that need climbing to top them. Mo later.........love Desi!

Easy, you have been guiding us to PassTheDoobie, who has taken us all by the hand and led us into a beautiful garden of life's delights and mysteries.

Strength by the ton to the Babbas that are holding up the whole show on top of their shoulders, and still grinning bigger than dew do!

Bonz, throw me your hand, I'm following your footsteps my friend!

Peace to all here at ICMag!

Last edited:
G

Desi, I chanted for you chant and know your almost there, lets get you to a meeting!

Desi, I chanted for you chant and know your almost there, lets get you to a meeting!

Great messages and posts today!!! Thank you for the huge encouragement, I really must emphasize that no matter what chant, if it doesn't feel right at the moment, just fake it until you get through it! Have faith and build upon that faith, Leading a winning life is a perk of being a practicioner of the Lotus Sutra, never fear we will all be protected like PasstheDoobie and Nichiren Daishonin, if you need to reassure yourself call out to the Protective Forces and all the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas of the Ten Directions and Tell Them
" NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO, I am Here and ready for the Next Challenge, I have no Fear with the Lotus Sutra as my map and Nichiren Daishonin as my Master I will overcome all these obstacles as I climb the mountain to perfect Enlightenment!"

My mentor is brave just like us and also human just like us, lets apply his sincere encouragement to chant through all our obstacles and hardships and really stand up for ourselves! Make a stand, be strong!

DON'T BE AFRAID. DON'T BE DEFEATED. FAITH. VICTORY OF GOLD!!

Last edited:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Easy, you give me so much strength,........your encouragement is heavier than the weight of the whole earth, yet brighter than all the sun's rays...........No fear, I'm getting in gear!

Last edited:

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One who, on hearing the teachings of the Lotus Sutra, makes even greater efforts in faith is a true seeker of the way. T'ien-t'ai states, "From the indigo, an even deeper blue." This passage means that, if one dyes something repeatedly in indigo, it becomes even bluer than the indigo leaves. The Lotus Sutra is like the indigo, and the strength of one's practice is like the deepening blue.

[ Hell Is the Land of Tranquil Light, WND Page 457 ]

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"Discussion meetings take a great deal of time and effort, but that is precisely why they are extremely effective and produce the most powerful synergy. That is the conclusion that we of the SGI have reached after opening the way for our movement here in Japan and all across the globe over the past six decades based on discussion meetings.

"The Lotus Sutra states that good men or good women who tell another person about the teachings of Buddhism, though their efforts are unnoticed by others, are great envoys of the Thus Come One. All who earnestly devote themselves to discussion meetings contribute to helping others form an eternal connection with Buddhism, while themselves accumulating immeasurable treasures of the heart.

"Nichiren Daishonin sternly denounced unfaithful followers who, losing sight of the path of mentor and disciple, became enthralled with the superficial splendour of the imperial court and obsessed with gaining personal fame and fortune.

"Today, too, there are individuals who rose to prominent positions in society through the support of their fellow members, and much like these disloyal followers of the Daishonin’s time, grew corrupt and self-serving, behaving in the most base and shameful manner. We inevitably find that such people almost never attended discussion meetings. Forgetting the debts of gratitude they owe the Gakkai and their fellow members, they are lost in the realm of Animality, seeking only pleasure and personal profit. They are incapable of acting with integrity or decency and have forgotten the true purpose of life. This is a common pattern we see in those who abandon their faith and betray the trust of their fellow members."

SGI Newsletter No. 6972, SGI President Ikeda’s Editorial from the October 2006 issue of the Daibyakurenge, the Soka Gakkai monthly study journal, Discussion Meetings—The Starting Point of Kosen-rufu, translated Sep 25th, 2006

G

THANK YOU SO MUCH PASSTHEDOOBIE! NOW THATS GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT FOR ME!

THANK YOU SO MUCH PASSTHEDOOBIE! NOW THATS GREAT ENCOURAGEMENT FOR ME!

I am thrilled to come here and catch such great encouragement that I want to share something that maybe a secret, ok check this out. Reading Thomas' posts and reading the Goshos and chanting in front of Gohonzon, am I the only one or do you feel that all this is tailor made just for me? It is isn't it? To test my theory go ahead and read any of these posts or read the Goshos and at the end look at the farewell and see who signed it, again, It was written just for me.

So then why goto the Discussion meetings if you have the Goshos and this great thread and maybe even have Gohonzon, because you find Myoho-renge-kyo in yourself, ohh and here is the best part, you also find it in everyone else too!! How do you like them apples? Every human you meet, do you really wonder and realize through study 'how rare it truly is to be born a human' and here we are finally once again embracing The Law, The Mystic Law, Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, every human including the last one that really pissed us off! Yes even that person, I'm serious.

So if we are practicing for ourselves and practicing for others are you truly doing all you can do for kosen-rufu only you truly know that, but if you recognize your unlimited potential and chant the daimoku (Nam-myoho-renge-kyo) then there is always going to be immeasurably infinite ways/possibilities/chances/oppurtunities for you to rise above your current situation and really embrace the Mystic Law. Nichiren tells us in the Goshos (to paraphrase from memory)" You have died countless times for your family, your husband, your wife, your children, your country, but never for the Lotus Sutra." Again I tell you this is your time to shine baby, come on and take a page out of Bonzo's book and attend those meetings, start the Human Revolution and if you need a reference or two or three come back here to the thread, study for a bit, your reloaded, go back out there and keep going!

It's always from this moment going forward, never let the shackles of your previous pain dictate your future, let your positive haramony with Nam-myoho-renge-kyo usher in your greatness! How could I sit here and really tell you how precious each of you are who reflect on these words, truly you inspire my mentor and bring joy to my life so how could I ever doubt you?

Push yourselves to chant that extra few minutes, work hard at really giving it another 'shot/turn/chance' when you just feel as if your losing hope, reach down deep inside and pull off another great victory, never recede into the bowels of your Fundamental Darkness and live Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, share Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, always have faith in Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and remember the same encouragement you share when the going gets rougher, because I assure you it certainly will. But that's okay isn't it?

I say this from my heart to yours, sincerely chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and seek Gohonzon, create value in your life so that others my also realize their unlimited potential as well. It all begins with you and from your efforts others will surely find their way,(and to humbly paraphrase from another quote by the Daishonin) "First Nichiren chanted Nam-myoho-renge-kyo then another then ten others then a hundred others and this is how propagation will take place in the latter day." We are in the Time after Nichiren and alive during a time when we have the large support of the Gakkai Family and can also add our diversity to the cause of Kosen-rufu. What a truly wonderous cause that is!

Special thanks to Tony Matsuoka, Ted Osaki, Thus Come One PasstheDoobie, M, My Mother and Father including my dear wife and especially Nichiren Daishonin the Buddha of the Latter Day of the Law (who lives right in my place a few feet away from my medicinal garden).

Yes I am a proud chanting grower, just like Alwaystotheleft (Hi Always), Bonzo, Babbabud, Mrs.Babba, HITMAN (hi bud!), Baccas, and all my friends in the ten directions!!!!

Don't be afraid. Don't be defeated. Faith. Victory of Gold!

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Beautiful post Easy. Thanks so much for the great encouragement you have stepped up and gave "The Chanting Growers" lately. It really means alot to many many people , there are lots that read here but dont post so you may not always realize how much appreciation is out there. Thankyou much friend!!

Much love to you SoCal hope all is going well you are in my chants!!

PTD :wave: I love you brother !! Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

To all that frequent this thread.... lets keep on chanting
Much love to you all

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WOW!

WOW!

Babbabud said:
Beautiful post Easy. Thanks so much for the great encouragement you have stepped up and gave "The Chanting Growers" lately. It really means alot to many many people , there are lots that read here but dont post so you may not always realize how much appreciation is out there. Thankyou much friend!!

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

Super gigantic ditto!!! MyohoDisco Thus Come One, do your thing. It is an honor to witness you reveal your true nature. That goes for all of you Buddhas! I am so lucky to know you! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!!!

Scegy, my brother, turn the corner. The move is over. Chant about getting back to another meeting to start the process of receiving your Gohonzon. It's why you moved. Trust me--it's calling you....

Deep respect,

Thomas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.