Chanting Growers Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A truly happy life is attained by
fulfilling our missions throughout our lives.
Perfectly, in accordance with the eternal Law of life,
let's brightly live out our lives to the very end,
brimming with conviction and cheerful optimism!

Daisaku Ikeda

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"In the final analysis, unless we succeed in demonstrating that this teaching is supreme, these disasters will continue unabated."

(The Treatment of Illness - The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, page 1114) Selection source: Student Division leader's encouragement, Seikyo Shimbun, October 3rd, 2006

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In the light of the above points, this shows, my followers, that you had better cut short your sleep by night and curtail your leisure by day, and ponder this! You must not spend your lives in vain and regret it for ten thousand years to come.

[ The Problem to Be Pondered Night and Day, WND Page 622 ]

G

Just a quick note...

Just a quick note...

PassTheDoobie said:
Brahma and Shakra (the Sun and the Moon)

Brahma and Shakra are NOT the gods of the sun and the moon. The five dieties that we reflect upon pertaining to the shoten-zenjin in our prayer for protection are: Bonten (Brahma), Taishaku (Shakra/Indra), Nitten (the god of the sun), Gatten (the god of the moon), and Myojoten (the god of the stars). Ask if you have questions.

By the way these dudes seem to answer when called, so it's kind of a nice faith type thing to know about them. Know and embrace them in your heart and mind, but be careful when you reference them to not make anyone think they are above us. To the contrary, they are our sworn guardians and we are not sub-servient to them.

Just an important notice regarding my reference to gods and heaven deities. I just wanted to clarify this since its important for us to remember that we are not sub-servient to them and should remember this. When you bow in obeisance to a Bodhisattva or a Buddha your also bowing in obeisance to yourself and all the Bodhisattvas and Buddhas of the ten directions.

So then treat carry yourselves realizing that everything has the Buddhanature inheirant in them, stop shamelessly slandering stuff and making bad karma, on the contrary Chant for them or it and study more plus have the faith to move move that mountain.

Yes today go out there and make the best of your life and know that your completely protected as you embrace Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is the one true vehicle capable of bring forth your Buddhahood, focus, and have faith!

Thank for you patience since I am also learning this as we go along and trying my best to keep up everyday, chant for the Buddhawisdom to dispel the illusion and base yourself firmly in reality. I want you all to succeed in everything you work towards and I hope you all take it up a few notches!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo! Nam-myoho-renge-kyo!

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Much love to you all . What an awesome family we have here.
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Bonzo

Veteran
WOW indeed, heck of a post disco, thats gotta be put in the "must read" folder, awesome stuff bro! Your a pretty amazing Buddha dude easy, an inspiration for sure. I look forward everyday to your daily contributions, cause THEY FUCKIN' KICK ASS BRO!!!! KEEP EM COMIN'!!

I wanted to tell ya'll that my boss/one of my best friends and his wife will be joining me at this months World Peace meeting at the Friendship Center. I knew it was coming but i didnt' expect it to happen the way it did. He has known of Nam myoho renge kyo for a long time but has never practiced it. Its gonna be fun!

shit! time flies i gotta go to work

ya'll have the best damn day you possibly can, a day of days!!!!

peace and respect

bonz

>>>>>>>>>>> NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO>>>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!

G

Always give credit where credit is due and never forget your debts of gratitude!

Always give credit where credit is due and never forget your debts of gratitude!

SGI President Ikeda's Daily Encouragement for October 4

We are people of faith and faith is the ultimate conviction. Nothing could be sadder nor more shortsighted, therefore, than complaining or giving up when we encounter some small obstacle in our path. A genuine Buddhist is a person of wisdom and conviction.

*I attributed the quote in my last post to PasstheDoobie who was compassionate enough to share this for all of us to learn and grow. Thank you PasstheDoobie, we are humbled by your merciful nature and overwhelming love and appreciation for all us!*

Keep on Keeping on folks, Let's really buckle down and chant to realize our goals and wishes before the end of the year then start the new year with greater goals and benefits in mind. Nothing is beyond the Buddha's Grasp or Understanding!

Last edited:
G

In theThe Four Stages of Faith and Five Stages of Practice the Daishonin is quoted saying "

Question: For practitioners in the Latter Day of the Law, who have just aroused the aspiration for enlightenment, what types of practice are restricted?

Answer: Such persons are restricted from practicing almsgiving, the keeping of the precepts, and the others of the five paramitas, and are directed to chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo exclusively. This practice corresponds to the capacity of persons at the stages of "producing even a single moment of belief and understanding" and "rejoicing on hearing the Lotus Sutra." It represents the true intention of the Lotus Sutra.

If you couple that incredible question and answer with a post by PTD in reference to another great Gosho;

One who, on hearing the teachings of the Lotus Sutra, makes even greater efforts in faith is a true seeker of the way. T'ien-t'ai states, "From the indigo, an even deeper blue." This passage means that, if one dyes something repeatedly in indigo, it becomes even bluer than the indigo leaves. The Lotus Sutra is like the indigo, and the strength of one's practice is like the deepening blue."

Hell is the land of tranquil light,
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, pg# 457)
Written to Ueno-ama Gozen on 11 July 1274 from Minobu

So then we go back to the Gosho The Four Stages of Faith and Five Stages of Practice:

In volume nine of The Words and Phrases of the Lotus Sutra it is stated: "There is a danger that a beginner will be led astray by subordinate concerns, and that this will interfere with the primary practice. The beginner should directly give all his attention to embracing this sutra; that is the highest type of offering. If one sets aside formal practices but maintains the principle, then the benefits will be many and far-reaching." In this passage of commentary, "subordinate concerns" refers to the five paramitas. If the beginner tries to practice the five paramitas at the same time that he embraces the Lotus Sutra, that may work to obstruct his primary practice, which is faith. Such a person will be like a small ship that is loaded with wealth and treasure and sets out to cross the sea. Both the ship and the treasure will sink.
And the words "should directly give all his attention to embracing this sutra" do not refer to the sutra as a whole. They mean that one should embrace the daimoku, or title, of the sutra exclusively and not mix it with other passages. Even recitation of the entire sutra is not permitted. How much less are the five paramitas!

**So I read this Gosho a few months ago for the first time when PasstheDoobie suggested to me I should, and it was hard to really comprehend, so now when I spend a couple hours studying this Gosho an amazing message comes out clear as this day, "ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO CHANT Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" and that is sincerely what I doing. Do not burden yourself with the possiblity of losing focus early on in your practice instead go ahead and "polish your mirror" and chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo and reunite yourself with Gohonzon.

Who originally told me this you may be wondering, none other that Thus Come One PasstheDoobie, how could I doubt him? Even more importantly how could I doubt Nichiren Daishonin's words! Its as clear as this day has been (I am very grateful today for the excellent weather in my area), If you don't understand my words go chant about it, if someone does something that is beyond your immediate comprehension or a course of events take place that you need to re-evaluate chant about it, if someone or something is obstructing your growth or happiness chant about it, if your just starting this practice for xyz reasons chant about them, if your in need of guidance that you don't trust anyone to help you with chant about it, if your in need of something chant about it, if you have a desire and wish to bring it to fruition chant about it. You cannot fail!

Instill/arouse this deep faith into your life and as your progress keep chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, eventually you will always triumph, this is fortold in the Lotus Sutra and by Nichiren Daishonin himself, how can you ever be defeated again if you embrace the daimoku of the Lotus Sutra?

*I hope this finds you well and raises your spirits, go out and do the same for others! Turn the 'poison into medicine'.* :wave:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Cool meeting night!! Im pretty much on self imposed home arrest keeping myself close to my backyard. I have spent mucho time in front of the Gohonzon this week but I will leave for the couple hour meeting tonight as I so enjoy chanting with others. My concentration at this point is shoten zenjin (protective forces). I love the feeling of chanting with a group and hearing the blending of our voices. This is just what I need tonite. Ive spent most the last couple weeks right here campin out waiting for these girls to finish. Theres a couple more weeks before I will feel like I can leave the homestead.
Hope you all attend a meeting this week and share encouragement with the people there just as you share your great encouragement with us here on the Chanting Growers thread. Much love to each and everyone of you that follow this thread. If you havent attended a SGI meeting I highly reccomend it . I know there are lots of you out there chanting at home ... It cost nothing to go to a meeting and I promise it will be one of most postive things you do for yourself this week. If you dont know where one is just ask. If you dont want to ask in public on the thread then please PM me or one of the others. Hope you all will give this a try :) It certainly keeps me smiling:)
:wave:
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Good gracious folks, so much to reply to,........from my last post, PTD shared some valuable information, then Easy gave those real encouraging posts. Easy you are toning, tuning up dude! You come through with the goods like a pro,........ I mean I love you bro! You help us so darn much.....like a personal guide with Thomas as our teacher. I thought about this thread today while I worked at my first day at a new job. I chanted as I walked outside many times working. I thought how close we are here helping each other succeed at our daily tasks. Thinking about Babba and sending him protection and strength.

Well the guy I thought was a buddahist is a catholic. He said, "you buddahist?" I said, "yes, I'm trying to find a meeting place. Oh, you go to my Indoneasia where buddah temple is. Yes, I said."

It will happen soon as I now have late afternoons to evening time available now, or will as I adjust to a whole new schedule. Then I'll be hammering on my bro Bonzo for some skin, baby!......LOL

Love you all!.......Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo!
Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo!
Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo!

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

Oh man after that post i typed!! We got ourselves all ready to go ... went out got in the car and warmed it up. Back out of the driveway!!!!!! couldnt leave the girls. Ill spend my evening here at home in front of our own gohonzon chanting with my wife . But Ill be here to protect my girls and make sure the roof holds up :)
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!!

hey guys I read the new posts everyday, which have been much appreciated, Ill comment later when I have more info on this subject so I dont sound stupid, I was talking to a buddy today about buddishm and he was like owe the 7 levels of acheivement before enlightment, I almost shit a brick that he knew what I was talking about, anyways keep the good times a comin...

G

Gosho Excerpt:

"One may be letter-perfect in reciting the Lotus Sutra, but it is far more difficult to act as it teaches."

Lessening one's karmic retribution,
(The Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, pg# 200)
Written to Ota Saemon, Soya, Dharma Bridge Kimbara Hokyo on
5 October 1271 from Echi
http://sgi-usa.org/buddhism/library/Nichiren/wnd/concord/pages.view/200.html

Daily Encouragement:

Nichiren Daishonin said to one of his lay followers: "I entrust you with the propagation of Buddhism in your province. Because the seeds of Buddhahood sprout in response to the proper influence, one expounds the teaching of the one vehicle"

G

desi catman babba, what a crazy night I felt like I almost 'lost it', after a great meeting too serious sansho shima fucked me temporarily it was so strong i cried in front of Gohonzon not even asking why but seeing all my bad karma. boy did I cry and my wife came in to chant with me and bring me tissues and i know I don't have two options (keep chanting or go back to my deluded life) I only got one option and thats Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, shit as much as it hurts I gotta keep going and grow. When I mentioned bravery and courage in the past I really had too summon a ton tonight to stop short of throwing myself over the edge. wow, as my practice continues I have to always remember what I have learned and write in this thread and live in my life, its during those really tough moments that it makes a difference in the sense that I have real control as opposed to leaving things to chance but now I know President Toda's guidance, "Always have a plan.".

at least I wasn't defeated I can't be. boy oh boy was I close. thank you for all the great feedback and just chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo is my sincere advice PasstheDoobie told me "the rest will come" I trust him. Nichiren Daishonin says the that same truth in perfect detail in the Gosho I tried to outline today (and everywhere else for that), in retrospect I'm glad I looked into that today, its helping me right now as I write this.

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Nam-myoho-renge-kyo.

Last edited:

Bonzo

Veteran
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO
NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

Keep chantin' easy your family here needs ya!

peace

bonz

:dance: :dance: NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO :dance: :dance:

G

Hello all....Thank you for the positive energy you all have shared...... I must get started.

NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO

Bonzo

Veteran
Howdy Respect :wave: , welcome. Youve come to the right place to get started, lots to read and lots of good people, enjoy!

peace

bonz :wave:

>>>>>>>>> NAM MYOHO RENGE KYO >>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!

PassTheDoobie

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It would seem to me that the merit of achieving anuttara-samyak-sambodhi (supreme perfect enlightenment) is NOT contained in manifesting this life condition as one's fundamental state of life. The merit of Buddhahood lies in the continuous effort it takes to make this life condition fundamental in one's life. Only though such effort does one merit the good fortune to manifest something that already exists.

That effort is nothing more than continuing the battle against one's own fundamental darkness and chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo no matter what happens. Congratulations MyohoDisco! Do not lament what you cannot change. Do not dispair at the magnitude of the challenge.

No bird has ever flown that dared not spread it's wings.

Thomas

Last edited:

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
I hear the wisdom Easy, speaking it is one thing, walking the walk is another.

Howdy Catman! You are plenty from the heart bro. Love you with all my soul!

Babba, I'll be chanting every ten minutes for you and the Mrs. today. I love you so much bro!

I get up now at 4am..........I know bros, Desi is working on a better life for all!

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
Darn, posts came thru while I typing.............howdy Respect, love your name, .....easy, can't wait to finish reading your post when I get home..........be thinking of you all day bro!.........Bonz, we are better people now that we have all that life has to offer.......goota go work,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.