What's new

Carolina Blue x Digital Berry Bx1

G

guest3901

What's happening??
All are looking well..this is the largest of them,but the rest are catching up.
There's some leaf crincle going on.not sure if its something I'm doing,or genetics.3 others are doing the same.
My bad for the crap pic..
Take it easy..:joint:
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmmm.... I see some crinkle in a second outcross as well, but it wasn't that defined. The thick berry smell of daddy can be picked up from them as well...

Should be medium to light feeders...

My CBDB are justing wiggling above soil and learing to stand tall still, so I'll start babbling on those as soon as I can start seeing visible traits...

I willing to say he, while quite vigorous, seems to make things veg a bit slower and keeps things more compact...just out on a limb with such a statement. I noticed my GOOD digi plants, the middle/longest blade on the fans...the tips of this one blade, tend to bend/curl left or right...I see this trait in the offspring as well as his "sawtooth" double serations...sexy early trich on many a youngin' too...

dank.Frank

Last edited:
G

guest3901

Here's another..little bit of a crinkle but not as defined.
Haven't feed any due to the soil I'm using.probably won't have to for a while.will foliar feed with some kelp in a couple days.
Has a slight sweet smell to them,but mainly a green smell.
All in all looking good.
picture.php

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
CBDB....cause I've gotten lazy!

CBDB....cause I've gotten lazy!

Okay...we have sprouts! The one in the front that is barley above soil, was the slow poke. IT was just planted today and was planted that way, a bit above soil as it's taproot was MAD fuzzy and healthy...FINALLY. The others are already all two full days into their homes.

picture.php

I have no plans of feeding ANYTHING extra to these little ones. I'm pretty much known for just adding water anyway...lol...BUT, to be a bit repetitious, I do NOT expect these to be heavy feeders.

Traditionally, blue lines are sensitive to high nutrition levels...I'd advise we keep this in mind with this line...considering it is pretty much as blue as blue can be considering how many various poly-hybrid parents make up this concoction...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to mention...seedling mix is REALLY simple.

Old recycled soil from last flowering run...it still retain very base levels of nutrients. Makes it a great source for "light" mix. I simply pair this with Pro-Mix Bx and EWC. I make it as needed but in parts, I'd say 1 part recycled, 1 part Pro-Mix, 1/2 part EWC.

Seedlings really seem to love it and there is NO DOUBT when they get hungry, and are ready for transplant and for those that use bottles, their first feeding.

Keeping in mind, I use amended organic soil as my preferred method...anyway, I like to share what I'm doing that does what you see..for some it is a duh, and for others it helps. If I did all this and it helped no one, I'd be pretty frustrated at the end of the day....lol.

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HAHAHA...Which I should ALSO add...

I lost a group of VERY sexy seeds my last time sprouting, prior to this. INCLUDING some of Phillthy's Grom Bx1...still kicking myself.

The cups, CUT, the way they are, was a result of realizing I was NOT getting enough heat / warmth to the soil in which my seeds were germinating in as a result of their being to much medium for them to get started in. I hate I lost some EXCELLENT gear:

Core's Mongruls
Krizznapp's D39 x Sour Diesel Kush
Phillthy's Grom Bx1

there were others...and THANKFULLY, I buy in packs of two...I know the "me" factor. :laughing:

But those are "beer cups" cut in half and I DO NOT let the seedling get root bound in these containers...ever. I probably transplant prematurely, in honesty, to prevent any sort of deficiency. If I see three or four root tips in the drainage holes, you best believe I'm transplanting to ensure zero stunted growth....especially with seedlings and you are unsure what to expect. You do not want to mistake a stressed response as a growth trait.

dank.Frank

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome y'all gettin it done so quickly on these. I just plucked some treasures form the CB plant I knocked up with danks BBbx1 and here they are

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BTW for what its worth. Those seedlings look just about identicle so far to BBbx1's that I tested. Also wanted to mention how I noticed the strong motling of the CB seeds . The Blueberry has alot more of a thinner tiger striping. I'm gonna pop a 6pack of these CB x BBbx1's within a month. I'll drop by and we can compare. See ya soon.

G

guest3901

I use beer cups..but not this time.germd in towels,into seed starting cups then 1g.
Ph 6.5,temps 78..not the soil mix because all the other strains are doing well.not to say these are not.
Doesn't surprise me that some have the crink,after all the CBDB does have alot of blue in it.
When I ran GK back when I x'd the bs2.2gk I came across a real freaky fem..she was a runt but she was the grapiest of the bunch..
picture.php

Anyways..here's another...
picture.php

Take it easy...:joint:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
okay ... plants are certainly going to be some gnarly twisty legit blueberry funk. Confirmed. I smell the male VERY distinctly in other outcrosses...as well as purple stripping in stems, and some "sawtooth" double serrations...in other words, he seems to pass his traits very well.

Carolina Blue does as well. I think she will dominate still. But watch for fatter leaved phenos. I only see 2 or 3 out of the lot thus far showing it...

These seedlings are showing HEAVY crinkle for me as well...fwiw. If you like blue you scored huge. If you hate a plant that doesn't grow to a given status quo...maybe you goofed. lol Without question going to be dank if you can let the plant do its thing...

dank.Frank

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
See I THINK Carolina is dominating for this very reason phil. It's a good sign bro, really. I think CB has been kept true to type but given some manageability this time. I'll do a very selected F2 and unlock all the goods eventually. But that will take finding 5 females and 5 males of same type / equal appearance. I want to take it all directions in a controlled manner. Meaning 3 sets of F2 lines...towards which ever different expressions are best in the respective areas: towards the Digi side, towards the Carolina side, the 50/50 expressions...

I knew once I got that first taste of Carolina I'd be playing with her for a time to come...

My other outcrosses to the male only show a little twist on a couple and it isn't very pronounced at all...really have to be looking for it to or know what to look for...

dank.Frank

sprout

I just got my pack in the mail this afternoon, started five. Holy smokes those are some big beautiful seeds! Cant wait to see whats in store. Thanks for making these!

monkey5

Veteran
dank.frank, Will you be making more of these? Sending anymore in? I may have to watch for re-lists! Lol..Doubt I will see many! Thank you for sending the ones in you did! I will be watching the fun! monkey5

P

pyratth

Here also, I've got my pack yesterday with 5 extra freebies from the same genetic... :woohoo:

Repro & cross planned at beginning 2013... :tiphat:

G

guest3901

Hey there..
Yeah man they're looking great..got 3 warped ones that just reek of blueberry.
Have one that is not twisted..nice uniform growth great blue hashy smell,saw tooth fans..
Overall looking and smelling fantastic.i think the twisted ones may be growing out of it..
Idk..we will see.
Sorry no pics,in a couple days.
Oh,and the box fan fell on one killed it..r.i.p

Take it easy..:joint: