What's new

bobblehead overtakes

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
mmmm, ARS shears.

Good shit, I believe those are made in Japan. Had a pair of those way back when and havn't found them locally in a long long time since.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
It's funny - at first, I was like, "I don't like these!" It reminded me of typing on a touchscreen phone when they first came out, and you're missing the actual "click" (feedback) of the button to let you know it recorded the keystroke..

I'm used to the spring-loaded "cut cut cut cut cut cut" sensation..

But then I realized that my gripes are probably upside down - it's almost TOO smooth, and I realized that if I'm "missing" the kerchunkety-kerchunkety feedback of the spring-loaded action, I probably shouldn't be missing it at all. :)

D

DaveTheNewbie

I have someone chasing me around with negative rep every time I hint at problems with blumats, vert SOG, or vert lighting... :)thank you: for reading hater)

you can see who gives you the positive and negative rep, and for what posts you know.
its under the top left button labeled My IC

i was wondering if you got the blumat tensionmeter thingy yet and what sort of numbers it was giving you, and whether or not it helped you tune in your blumats. My heart wants to keep going with blumats and make them work well.

My head has discovered the PPK and wont let go. It just makes too much sense.

bobblehead

Veteran
Dude I honestly don't care if your vert or horizontal....you'll always be my hero! When I think of the two guys that made some of the biggest impact on my yields and potentcy..it was you and DHF......btw the GH is going up Monday....I'll give you a call tomorrow.

BTW - Mi casa is always open for you if you hit the road!

Good catching up today broski! I'm so happy things are finally turning around for you with the GH!

Thanks for your lack of help today. It was much appreciated! :biglaugh:

you can see who gives you the positive and negative rep, and for what posts you know.
its under the top left button labeled My IC

i was wondering if you got the blumat tensionmeter thingy yet and what sort of numbers it was giving you, and whether or not it helped you tune in your blumats. My heart wants to keep going with blumats and make them work well.

My head has discovered the PPK and wont let go. It just makes too much sense.

You can't see the "not helpful" ratings, only the "helpful". I'm not tore up about it, enough people know me here in real life to know I am who I say I am and I speak the truth. I'm not accusing anyone, I'm just saying it's not all coincidence. I have a troll regularly neg repping my posts. If I disagree with someone, I say so. I don't go rating their posts "not helpful."

I did receive my tensiometer... and I set it on the table and left to go up to the lake house... I just started soaking it last night. It'll be ready to go tonight, and I can give you some readings tomorrow. I won't have any conclusions for a while still. I will tell you that I'm using almost all 100 of my trop-f's, so I have plenty of plants to play with.

As far as blumat vs. ppk... I was just discussing such an experiment with D9. I still need to read his response. I'm going to run a room with 4 trees, 1 ppk, 1 blumat, 1 RDTW, 1 RDWC. All the same genetics roughly the same size. Same nutrients. Same environment...

I want this experiment to turn out right, so it won't be remote, and I'm going to be taking a bit of time putting it all together. Don't expect anything to pop up next week.

Anyway, I think that running the different systems next to each other would be educational.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
You gotta netflix that episode - season 15, episode 11, I reckon.

Stan's dad figures out that if he takes his wife to musicals, he gets blowjobs. So then he learns that all musicals actually contain subliminal blowjob references.

So he decides to write a musical of his own, and all of the musical genuii (Andrew Lloyd Webber, Stephen Sondheim, .. and later Elton John..) call him out and say his musical is TOO forwardly blowjob, and they try to stop him.

And thus, the brodown.

But THAT'S WHAT BROS F*CKIN' DO!

Last edited:
I

idoreallytry

probly mister copy and paste neg repping u,,,forget that dude,,,a liar got called out for being a liar and he is pissed a stupid internet warrior,,
,i love tree grows I am just about ready to flip a 3200kw air cooled horizontal 8800 bare bulb vertical 22 7 footers 15-20 gallons dtw coco house and garden nutes,,,will snap some shots next time I go over then when u stop by and grab this budder u can check them out,,,peace

Last edited:

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Sorry I don't meet your approval standards Sally.

Yes its recirculating dtw. What else am I supposed to call it? Ppk with no wick? Just "recirculating"...

I'm open to suggestions.
:tiphat:

Top Feed Recirculating...

Not to poke fun, but I think what Dave is getting at is there is no such thing as recirculating drain to waste... hence the drain to waste part.

"drain to waste" implies that the solution will not be reused - it goes down the drain... "to waste", never to be seen again.

bobblehead

Veteran
lol... The internet is a funny place.

I need a break from my trimming... I've been getting a few questions about my bonsai hero lately... I LOVE this thing.

For comparison.. Bonsai hero trimmed buds- this is just a quick wet trim to get all the plants hanging and drying.
picture.php

Final dry trim with scissors- I'm not as anal as some people, but anything large goes. Only the tiny bud leaves can stay. This process takes forever. I just bought new scissors and I've been dipping them in solvent as I go, which really speeds things up.
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
Top Feed Recirculating...

Not to poke fun, but I think what Dave is getting at is there is no such thing as recirculating drain to waste... hence the drain to waste part.

"drain to waste" implies that the solution will not be reused - it goes down the drain... "to waste", never to be seen again.

lol I know what Dave was getting at, he was just poking fun... Dave knows I'm just poking fun right back at him.

If I had typed TFR, everyone would be like wtf is TFR? RDTW and they figured it out right away. DTR= Drain to Recirculation.

Now what?

:dance013:

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Looks bomb. I need to get me a pair of those Heros.

Although I know its superior, I struggle with the dry trim. I find that if I trim fresh I get everything accomplished and out the door.

If I de-fan, hang, and then trim dry, I always find myself sitting on weight.."that I just havn't got to".

It sucks being lazy.

I like to keep a pair of those titanium tip shears, and a pair of regular bonsai shears (like those ARS). I keep one on deck in 90% ISO and just keep rotating them out. Keeps them gunk free, and you switch the "feel" bouncing back and forth from the shears to the spring loaded pruners.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Oddly enough... after the switch I feel "damn, these are so much nicer, why have I been using those other ones"..

...and ultimately will switch back and think the same thing.

I guess variety is the spice of life when your clocking crazy hours to trim something that is going to be broken down and smoked anyways. The whole thing is rather silly.

I really would prefer to just use the Heros and do a rough cut like bobble has shown.. let the other frosted bits encase the flower (further protecting the inner goodness), and pad the weight a little bit to ensure buyers "aren't paying for all that leaf".

The industry demanding these meticulous trim jobs is stupid. It only further expediates resin loss in packaging, transport, etc. Why not leave that frosted shell to encase the inner dank.

bobblehead

Veteran
I would do 35g ozs all day long if I could leave my buds rough. I either have to trim it, or hire trimmers.

Normally I don't have more than 2lbs to deal with at a time. The leaves dry before the buds, and I can get the leaves removed as the buds are finishing up. Now that I'm going to start pushing that 2lb mark... I'm realizing I don't have the time for this shit when it takes me a whole day to do 1lb.

I'm just gonna have to start stimulating my local economy even more and hire some trimmers!

highcane

Hey bobblehead i'm asking this question to you and dhf or anyone that could help if you dont mind.Your work inspired me to try a few things and so far i'm loving it but i'm looking for a strain that grown in coco hempy 3l or 6l containers (heres my systems measurements there are 2 1k bulbs hung vertically the height of each rack surrounding the bulbs is 5 1/2ft and 48" wide all the faces are 30"inches to 24 from the light all the way around) can finish around 24" and yield 3/4 to 1 oz per plant of grade a medicine in 70 days or less?Any help is greatly appreciated